Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk (1015 Views)

SEE 6 SIGNS YOUR LAPTOP IS FAKE (CHINA) / Lady Dies After Drinking A “thief-detecting” Concoction Made With Goat Heart / My Laptop Is Not Detecting Phones, Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Jetland(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
my laptop is not detecting disk, both cd and dvd. I got a laptop from my dad since my own has gone on exile for some days now.
Becasue there were some useless files and documents on the laptop and i didnt what to be boared by any of these files and documents, i decided to format the system. After formating with windows 7, the laptop refuses to read all the disks that i tried on it. I was thinking that may be the cd rom is faulty; but if that is true, how come was the cd rom able to read the windows 7 during installation? The system was x32 bit before i install x64 bit now..could this be the cause? Hope to see your responses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
try another cd
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Jetland(m): 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jibril659:
try another cd
I have tried upto 8 disks on it but none worked except windows 7 software.
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by horllamy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jetland:
my laptop is not detecting disk, both cd and dvd. I got a laptop from my dad since my own has gone on exile for some days now.
Becasue there were some useless files and documents on the laptop and i didnt what to be boared by any of these files and documents, i decided to format the system. After formating with windows 7, the laptop refuses to read all the disks that i tried on it. I was thinking that may be the cd rom is faulty; but if that is true, how come was the cd rom able to read the windows 7 during installation? The system was x32 bit before i install x64 bit now..could this be the cause? Hope to see your responses. Thanks in advance.

Definitely you have to change the DVD rom and notice the difference

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Laptop In Kaduna Or Zaria / Cctv Ip Camera /bulk Discounts Low Cost Installation / Power Bank For Laptop, Printer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.