Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk (985 Views)

SEE 6 SIGNS YOUR LAPTOP IS FAKE (CHINA) / Lady Dies After Drinking A “thief-detecting” Concoction Made With Goat Heart / My Laptop Is Not Detecting Phones, Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Jetland(m): 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
my laptop is not detecting disk, both cd and dvd. I got a laptop from my dad since my own has gone on exile for some days now.
Becasue there were some useless files and documents on the laptop and i didnt what to be boared by any of these files and documents, i decided to format the system. After formating with windows 7, the laptop refuses to read all the disks that i tried on it. I was thinking that may be the cd rom is faulty; but if that is true, how come was the cd rom able to read the windows 7 during installation? The system was x32 bit before i install x64 bit now..could this be the cause? Hope to see your responses. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
try another cd
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by Jetland(m): 10:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jibril659:
try another cd
I have tried upto 8 disks on it but none worked except windows 7 software.
Re: Help Please. My Laptop Is Not Detecting Any Disk by horllamy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jetland:
my laptop is not detecting disk, both cd and dvd. I got a laptop from my dad since my own has gone on exile for some days now.
Becasue there were some useless files and documents on the laptop and i didnt what to be boared by any of these files and documents, i decided to format the system. After formating with windows 7, the laptop refuses to read all the disks that i tried on it. I was thinking that may be the cd rom is faulty; but if that is true, how come was the cd rom able to read the windows 7 during installation? The system was x32 bit before i install x64 bit now..could this be the cause? Hope to see your responses. Thanks in advance.

Definitely you have to change the DVD rom and notice the difference

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need This Adapter Very Urgent. How Much / Please, I Need Your Urgent Help! / What Is The Name Of Your Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.