Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,568 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens (10481 Views)

FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market / 2017 British Army Recruitment For Citizens Of Commonwealth Countries / Online Records 67 Percent Decline In Job Applications - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
The Kwara Government on Wednesday said it has so far discovered 67 persons recruited into the Nigerian Army with fake citizenship certificates of the state between 2010 and 2016.

The Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji lsiaka Gold, disclosed this when he appeared before the state’s House of Assembly Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Judiciary in Ilorin.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that both the SSG and the Chairman, State Internal Revenue Service were summoned on Tuesday, over alleged falsification of the state of origin certificates for military recruitment.

Gold, while testifying before the Committee, said the 67 persons were uncovered during the recruitment exercise using their names; but could not communicate in the local dialects of the local government areas they claimed.

Giving the breakdown, the SSG said 16 persons claimed Ekiti Local Government, nine claimed lfelodun, eight claimed Moro and another eight claimed that they were from lrepodun Local Government Areas.

Others, he said, are five persons were discovered each in Edu, Baruten and Kaima Local Government Areas respectively, while llorin West and Oyun Local Government Areas had three persons each.

One each, were discovered in Oke-Ero, Asa, llorin East and llorin South local Government areas, Gold stated.

The secretary to the state government solicited the assistance of the House and chairmen of all the 16 Local Governments to curtail the ugly trend.

The SSG later presented an authentic list of the state’s indigenes for another Army recruitment slated for Feb. 6 to the assembly for verification.
READ Poor road construction: Residents appeal to Ambode to halt inauguration

The Chairman of the Internal Revenue Service, Dr Muritala Awodun, who was represented by the Director, Informal Sector, Mr Segun Olaniyi, said the service had issued 21,000 new indigene certificates from June 2016 to date.

Olaniyi called for the eradication of old state of origin certificates with new ones to be produced by the service to guide against production of fake ones.

Earlier, the Chairman of the committee, Kamaldeen Fagbemi described as worrisome the large number of fake state of origin certificates in circulation.

Fagbemi reaffirmed the determination of the House to protect citizens of Kwara and ensure they got their quota at the national level.

http://thenewsguru.com/army-recruitment-kwara-uncovers-67-fake-citizens/
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 02, 2017
All because they can't speak their local dialet..

3 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by frankobinna(m): 7:27am On Feb 02, 2017
all most there .........
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by jesus500(m): 7:28am On Feb 02, 2017
This country is sick.
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2017
Hand them over to the Army for discipline, they deceived the men in camou

The below punishment may apply for those who plead innocent

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by sababa: 7:28am On Feb 02, 2017
una don dey mad abiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 7:28am On Feb 02, 2017
hmm
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by jd1986(m): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2017
Too early.....let me pee on the user below me grin grin *stretches*
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Chidi4u(m): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2017
Are they sure, they are not indigenes
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by BbcNews: 7:30am On Feb 02, 2017
Is Kwara Yoruba or Hausa State ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by sojayy(m): 7:30am On Feb 02, 2017
This is no news, all they care about is the returns from d citizenship certificates........

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Memories12411: 7:31am On Feb 02, 2017
What does it take to be a "citizen" or indegine?
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by EmilyShoton(f): 7:31am On Feb 02, 2017
Recession is wicked. Please check the state for fake civil servants dem plenty for there

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by bumi10(m): 7:31am On Feb 02, 2017
lol
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Pavore9: 7:32am On Feb 02, 2017
Citizenship certificate?

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by kolado(m): 7:32am On Feb 02, 2017
nawao
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by AngryNigerian(m): 7:33am On Feb 02, 2017
...Ebonyi own go reach 5,000!
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by jneutron4000: 7:33am On Feb 02, 2017
BbcNews:
Is Kwara Yoruba or Hausa State ?
Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by buchilino(m): 7:33am On Feb 02, 2017
D FUNNY THING IS DAT SOME STATES LIKE BORNO, TARABA, JIGAWA, ZAMFARA ETC NO EVEN SEND THESE STATE OF ORIGIN CERTIFICATES. ONCE U NO HOW 2 SPEAK HAUSA N CLAIM KANO AS UR STATE, U AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN INDIGENE.

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 02, 2017
Do you know any graduate with 1st Class, 2.1 or 2.2 in any of the following fields -Geography,
Geology,
Geophysics,
Medicine,
Health Sciences,/Computer science,
Engineering Sciences,
Agriculture Sciences,
Geography Education,
Law,
Mass Communication,
Political Science or any Arts course?
Can the person speak English fluently?
Can they write well?
Do they have computer skills?

OK please greet them for me..it's not easy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by ItsawrapOutfit: 7:34am On Feb 02, 2017
Noted
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by princeonx: 7:34am On Feb 02, 2017
Typical example of Monkey no fine yet em mama like am!

So as naija bad reach so people dey fake citizenship certificate to belong to naija? Wonderbility!
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by TOBIeee68(m): 7:35am On Feb 02, 2017
Who dem elp rubbish and so what of me using 2 local government cert Niger state and Oyo state coz I was burn in minna n lata I move to ogbomosho to further my degree I gat to use my state n dway I speak Yoruba different from pple bn born in Oyo state.

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Antoeni(m): 7:36am On Feb 02, 2017
Abeg free them ,re they nt Nigerians? Is there any thing like Kwara Army? It's called NIGERIA ARMY,it's for every eligible Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by maxtop(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2017
Hmmm ...don't blame those guys for changing state. When is it a crime to claim any state sef ? In as much as they are Nigerians let them serve there fatherland nah.

This is not new and moreover, one incubent governor who was widely believed to come from Ondo state contested and win an election in amother state. So what's the fuss about ?

Did you the governor am talking about ? I didn't mention name ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2017
jneutron4000:
Yoruba

I WAS AT TANKE SOME WEEKS BACK TWO OKADA RIDERS I ENTERED BOTH CLAIMING KWARA, DIDN'T SPEAK A SINGLE YORUBA, SPOKE HAUSA ALL THROUGH.
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by xxgig(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2017
Just because they can't speak their dialect, pure nonsense
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by dpete1: 7:50am On Feb 02, 2017
Rubbish! Its not compulsory u speak the local dialect u claim
Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:51am On Feb 02, 2017
buchilino:
D FUNNY THING IS DAT SOME STATES LIKE BORNO, TARABA, JIGAWA, ZAMFARA ETC NO EVEN SEND THESE STATE OF ORIGIN CERTIFICATES. ONCE U NO HOW 2 SPEAK HAUSA N CLAIM KANO AS UR STATE, U AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN INDIGENE.
Bros pls don't spread falsehood here. Are you speaking from first hand experience or you are just making false assumptions? Kindly get your facts right pls. Kanawas love their state and hausa language so much they don't take shit from other false indigene claimants.

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by dpete1: 7:54am On Feb 02, 2017
[quote author=TOBIeee68 post=53342378e coz I was burn in minna[/quote] Sorry o for the burning U no go burn again in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by chiefololade: 7:54am On Feb 02, 2017
buchilino:

I WAS AT TANKE SOME WEEKS BACK TWO OKADA RIDERS I ENTERED BOTH CLAIMING KWARA, DIDN'T SPEAK A SINGLE YORUBA, SPOKE HAUSA ALL THROUGH.

You're stup!d

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens by buchilino(m): 7:54am On Feb 02, 2017
Wagasigiungu:

Bros pls don't spread falsehood here. Are you speaking from first hand experience or you are just making false assumptions? Kindly get your facts right pls. Kanawas love their state and hausa language so much they don't take shit from other false indigene claimants.

ME SPREADING FALSEHOOD?. TELL U WAT, WITHOUT WASTING MUCH TIME, Y DON'T U VISIT PASSPORT OFFICES AT MAIDUGURI, JALINGO, DUTSE ETC N C D PPLE CLAIMING 2 BE NIGERIANS N BE ISSUED WITH NIGERIAN PASSPORTS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) April 2018 Latest Recruitment (5 Positions) / Nationwide Entry Level Recruitment In A Leading Bank / Vacancies - Teachers Wanted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.