Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder (8627 Views)

Sex For Marks In Nigerian Universities: The Untold Stories! / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story / The Inside, Untold Story Of The 2017 JAMB Examination, By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by dreamwords: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2017
Surprisingly I've not taken it before
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by browniex: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2017
Heard of but never tasted it,as a matter of fact for the past 15 years I have not fallen sick for a day.thank God for that.

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by edey2real: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
This drug reminds me of my grandma and Ojuwoye market. Small thing like this, she don go Ojuwoye go buy Alabunkun.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Na alabukun story long like this.
After reading this looong post, truly truly, you go need alabukun, no b small work you do.
I tire
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Thank you. May God bless you.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by alex81(m): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
i came across ds piece in nairaland 2yrs ago...

but I Don old for NL o......

https://www.nairaland.com/2525878/untold-story-legendary-alabukun-powder
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by summerflame(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
Jglad:
From #10 to #70.. Yet people still dey buy...

Are u sure jazz isn't involved? Any small tin my dad will recommend alabukun
we buy for #100 here ma
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by Jglad(f): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
summerflame:
we buy for #100 here ma
Wia? Still #70 in Ayobo ooo
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BermudaTriangle(m): 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Luizkid:
Alabukun, our Nightmare in those days, we prefer the sweeter 'Lailai'. dat reminds me, where are these drugs, Phensic, After-five, Daga, forgotten the others. when u remember the blanket over u with a big pot of steaming hot 'agbo' you'll think twice about falling sick.

Caffenol
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BrutusOj(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Luizkid:
Alabukun, our Nightmare in those days, we prefer the sweeter 'Lailai'. dat reminds me, where are these drugs, Phensic, After-five, Daga, forgotten the others. when u remember the blanket over u with a big pot of steaming hot 'agbo' you'll think twice about falling sick.
After 5 is still in existence. cheaper than alabukun and works exactly like alabukun. Those two drugs can suppress hangover for real
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by summerflame(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Jglad:

Wia? Still #70 in Ayobo ooo
ibadan
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by tunjijones(m): 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
lirusehn:
i took my time to read every part of the story smiley most importantly, he's a Yoruba Christian like me undecided undecided

Religious/ethnic bigot... Pple that dis shd be banned from nairaland
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by uckennety(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
sharon122:
*T. B. C FOR SALE!!!*

Aw much per one
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by Wuminity(f): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
I learnt a lot from this write up seriously, especially the mixing of Alabukun and Sprite or Lime. grin
I av been looking for this formular since last week grin tnx to OP. grin grin
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by erictus: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wuminity:
I learnt a lot from this write up seriously, especially the mixing of Alabukun and Sprite or Lime. grin

hmmn. Aunty wumi. Eku ise oluwa .
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by Wuminity(f): 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
erictus:

hmmn. Aunty wumi. Eku ise oluwa .
Awa niyen. grin grin grin
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by hardbody: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
Wuminity:

I hope it works for you ooo wink and its not too late a trimester

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by laudate: 2:36am On Feb 05, 2017
seguntijan:
Like the humble kolanut, Alabukun powder is one of the unifying items in Nigeria. It is very popular and there is virtually no home in the country where one or more members have not been in touch with or used Alabukun. Even without any considerable adverts, it beats all competitors and foreign brands hands down. Grandmothers swear by its healing powers while men claim it is their aphrodisiac. Yes, it is that popular. Cheap and easily recognizable, it is found everywhere. From headaches to voice troubles to stomach upsets to general body pain, Alabukun is the ultimate magic cure for millions of Nigerians. Some even take it to the dark side as they mix the whitish powder in a cold bottle of Sprite, swirl and swallow (some say they combine it with lime), as their drug for aborting pregnancies. Good or bad, the Alabukun brand has persisted and today, we will take a look at the history of the man behind it all:

What amazes me has been the success of their supply chain strategy and the logistics method used in distributing Alabukun to the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. cool This is no mean feat, considering the peculiar challenges encountered on our shores, in moving stuff from one city to another! shocked

I have said it before on another thread - the strength of Alabukun as an indigenous brand, should be used as a case study in Nigerian universities. And someone should please do a documentary on the late Pa Odulate, to document his achievements for posterity! wink

Luizkid:

Na true word you talk! cheesy

BermudaTriangle:
Caffenol

I fear you, o! shocked E don tay wey you don dey take pain killers. cheesy Wait, I hope you don't mind my asking - but just how old are you? Do you know how many years ago, Cafenol was circulating in the Nigerian market?

2 Likes

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by jeff1607(m): 6:42am On Feb 05, 2017
I wonder who produced "gbogbonise"?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by cooncudee(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2017
He trekked from Lagos to Abeokuta for 3 months?
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2017
lirusehn:
i took my time to read every part of the story smiley most importantly, he's a Yoruba Christian like me undecided undecided

Grown ass babies everywhere
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BermudaTriangle(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
laudate:

What amazes me has been the success of their supply chain strategy and the logistics method used in distributing Alabukun to the nooks and crannies of Nigeria. cool This is no mean feat, considering the peculiar challenges encountered on our shores, in moving stuff from one city to another! shocked

I have said it before on another thread - the strength of Alabukun as an indigenous brand, should be used as a case study in Nigerian universities. And someone should please do a documentary on the late Pa Odulate, to document his achievements for posterity! wink

Na true word you talk! cheesy

I fear you, o! shocked E don tay wey you don dey take pain killers. cheesy Wait, I hope you don't mind my asking - but just how old are you? Do you know how many years ago, Cafenol was circulating in the Nigerian market?

I don't mind bro.
YOB = 1951.
Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by laudate: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
BermudaTriangle:
I don't mind bro.
YOB = 1951.

Egbon, may you live long!! More respect, sir!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BermudaTriangle(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2017
laudate:

Amen, omo iya mi. I wish you the best things of this world capped with a peaceful heaven.
Oodua a gbe wa o.

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by laudate: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
BermudaTriangle:
Amen, omo iya mi. I wish you the best things of this world capped with a peaceful heaven.
Oodua a gbe wa o.

Erm, am sorry I am not Yoruba. Can you kindly translate your last sentence? wink

1 Like

Re: The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
laudate:

Your latest refused to open for response.
Sorry, i thought you were. Thats a coded phrase for all Yoruba, kind of a prayer sort of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Riot At Federal Polytechnic Oko, After Masquerade Kills Two Students / Photos Of Students Saying Goodbye To Classmates As Schools Shutdown In U.K. / Ebonyi University Expels 33 Students & Suspends 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.