Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

For Fathers: What Do Your Children Call You? What Did/do You Call Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Fathers: What Do Your Children Call You? What Did/do You Call Your Father? (623 Views)

Fathers, What Was Your First Reaction When You Saw Your New Born Baby? / Working Mothers: How Did/do You Cope With Being Separated From Your Minors / Working Mothers: How Did/do You Cope With Being Separated From Your Minors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Fathers: What Do Your Children Call You? What Did/do You Call Your Father? by Totfulguy: 12:52am On Feb 04, 2017
Well I had to bring this topic up because the thought just crossed my mind. I know a lot of folks are really bitten by the hard realities of living in Nigeria and may not find this topic worth deliberating on especially when faced with other really urgent things. But it is a fact that in our families of birth or families of parenting, we have called our parents by a title (Daddy, Sir or whatever our traditions detect.) In many instances, there appears to be a level of formality (like a boss and worker relationship) in the father-child relationship where children call their father "Sir". While children who call their parents "Daddy" seem to enjoy a level of closeness. So we will like you to tell us what you called your father and what your relationship with your father was. How would you want your children to address you as a father? Please let contribute and many intending fathers may learn.
Re: For Fathers: What Do Your Children Call You? What Did/do You Call Your Father? by Emjay1310(m): 2:02am On Feb 04, 2017
Normal mode - Popman, dad
Joking mode - Chairman.
Re: For Fathers: What Do Your Children Call You? What Did/do You Call Your Father? by MrsMurphy(f): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
My hussy calls me Babym, so whenever they want to play with their dad they call him Babym too. But when serious they call him daddy or paapa

(1) (Reply)

Don't Know What To Feel Right Now......dunno If It's Hormones Or Intuition / President Putin Gives Parenting Award To Jehovah’s Witnesses / Differential Treatment: A Time Bomb Every Parent Must Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.