Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

How To Survive With The Recession – Bad Economy Right? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Survive With The Recession – Bad Economy Right? (521 Views)

We Are Struggling To Survive - Total / Life After COVID-19 : 5 Actions Your Business Can Take To Survive The Recession / No Country Can Survive With Republic Of Benin As Neighbour – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive With The Recession – Bad Economy Right? by MWTH(m): 2:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Are you experiencing the recession? What efforts have you put in to find a way out for yourself?
Well, I have got good news for you today.
My job is to teach you exactly what I have been doing for the past 5 years since I left the banking industry.
While on my radio show (Armed Forces Radio 107.7FM) with this topic yesterday, I was happy about the responses I got from so many people. You probably might be the next to thank me for opening your eyes to these secrets.
THE NOISE
Almost everyone sings this song today especially in Nigeria and most African countries. What is the song? It’s a blues titled: Recession, lalalalalaaa………….
In 1986 or so, I remember an interview granted the former President of Nigeria, Gen. IBB. He said and I quote “Everything that happens to anyone in this country today is the cause of IBB, ….. even if a woman loses her pregnancy, the next person to blame is IBB”.
That’s exactly the type of noise we have gotten ourselves indulged in recent times.
Everyone has an excuse for not being able to do the needful again. In fact husbands and fathers are fast letting their responsibilities into the air for the blues called recession.
How long would you continue to use the word and run away from your responsibilities? How long would you tell that to your parents who are aged today and are waiting for the monthly stipends from you? How long will you use that excuse and dodge the fact that you’ve a responsibility of preparing your children’s future?
Now, let me tell you some truths you may have looked away from so easily.
For close to 20 years the stock market in Nigeria has remained highly insignificant with price difference except for the one or two years scam we got in 2005/2006. And till this moment, there is no significant drop or rise in prices of these stocks. Where then is the recession?
House rents have kept its trail on the increase.
Cost of building materials has never dropped since I was born. It keeps increasing….. Where then is the recession?
On a daily basis, people are buying cars and building houses.
Child birth is on the increase and parents are busy feeding these kids with the very expensive and always increasing price of baby foods.
People are constantly paying tithes in churches.
Parties in clubs is on the rise daily… People are also constantly celebrating birthdays, child birth, promotions, funerals etc.
Queues are always on the rise in filling stations and supermarkets.
The Federal, States, and Local Governments are paying over 25 million people monthly.
And I heard the Federal Government has started giving alms to the vulnerable as the case implies.
Yet, someone is lying to himself or herself that there is recession.
This is what you must know always….. The Rich will continue to get Richer, The Wealthy will continue to get wealthier……………
That’s simply what happens. Yet you are there saying Recession and probably waiting to see Mike Adenuga of Globacom, Femi Otedola – The Oil & Gas Magnet, Alh. Aliko Dangote (The Richest Black in the world), Folorunsho Alakija (The Richest Black Woman in the world) to become poor because you have recession.
I bet you are still sleeping.
The fact is that all those Entrepreneurs; the Supermarket Owners, The Oil& Gas Station owners, The Building Materials guys, The Foods & Beverages Manufacturers, The Health Products Manufacturers and a whole lot of those selling those things you need on a daily basis will never experience the recession. You are your own recession and for all they care. Go source for the monies and come keep them afloat and richer.
Now hear this, Recession is for the Government and not for you.
I would simply say it is a lie to get the middle class to panic.
Many economic experts have come up to assure Nigerians of how soon the recession would be over. Some say before end of 2017 others said before end of 2016 while a few said in the next 5 years.
All these are simply lies. There was never a recession and there will never be. It is the lies by the Rich to the Poor and Middle class.
Why did I say so? Watch it now….. In the next 10 years to come, the price of goods you bought today will never be the same. It may be 3 or 10 times higher if not more.
I know this because, while my father built his first house with an amount as low as N60,000 (Sixty Thousand Naira) in the early 60’s. Today, to build the same house you must be ready with at least N20,000,000 (Twenty Million Naira).
Don’t you get?
Your only economy lies in your ability to make changes based on a new operating system.
You have to start making changes now.
You can’t continue to live in the old rules given to you by your parents. We all know these rules.
THE OLD RULES
1. My son/daughter, find a decent job
2. My son/daughter, make decent income
3. My son/daughter, save your money
4. My son/daughter, build a house – This is still okay though
5. My son/daughter, get a good education
6. My son/daughter, invest in the long-term – probably in stock
7. My son/daughter, don’t do more than one business at a time
8. My son/daughter, don’t retire voluntarily
9. My son/daughter, be grateful for whatever you have – after all you’ve got life
And the lists goes…..
Enough of those stories – Enough of those lies.
You need to become an entrepreneur. Think outside the box
My job is to teach you about what to do now and get out of that blues called recession. So follow these steps and come back someday to thank me.
1. Increase your income first – Not conserve capital and save, because these rules of conserving capital won’t work anymore.
2. Create multiple streams of income – I don’t mean you should go and get another job. Become an entrepreneur.
3. Save only to reinvest and make more money – Best way to reinvest is in yourself because you are the stock. Hone your skills and people will pay for it.
4. Get your debts to zero – Start by cleaning out on the lowest debt and continue until you’re debt free. Rise to become the bank after all you hate banks so be the bank and lend to people.
5. Stop depending on salaries alone. You will get hurt in future and you will be punished for wasting your whole years.
Finally, ENTREPRENEURSHIP is the way forward.

Thank you for reading this piece.

Leave comments below.

(1) (Reply)

Company Registration And Export License Within The Shortest Possible Time / Wholesale Jackets Manufacturer And Distributor / Petition To Compel Facebook To Accept Naira Direct Debit For Facebook Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.