Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. (1844 Views)

Corona Virus: 7 Home Remedies That Could Protect You / 10 Home Remedies That You Can Use To Treat Gonorrhea / Natural Home Remedy To Measles In A 2yr Old...help With Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by geekybabe(f): 8:58am On Feb 04, 2017
For one, I personally do not like taking drugs. Not that I dont, but I believe there are some very simple issues that i do not need to use drugs, and especially antibiotics for. Why? because drugs affect our body physiology, and organs at-times the effects are not pleasant.

Due to my experience with Ulcer that i shared here: ( https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy), I have come to realize that there are so many natural foods and remedies that abound in nature that can treat some basic health issues at home without drugs. And they work very well without your body having side effects that drugs give you.

1. Coconut oil: I think this tops it on my list. The usefulness of coconut oil are so many. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal effects,

-it is a very healthy alternative to cooking oils. if you are trying to loose weight, then by all means gradually adopt coconut oil in your diest.

- For Women who have issues with irritation in their feminine parts over time. Either its yeast infection, or Bacterial Vaginosis-BV (itching, and fishy smell with some discharge) , or some candidasis. Most times doctors prescribe antibiotics and creams, and patients use it and the infection does not go or often re-occurs. Simply apply some coconut oil to those parts and watch your bv or yeast infection disappear. The effects are almost instantaneous. relieves itching, burning, and restores your body part to normal. And you have your peace. smiley
- Its is used as a natural moisturizer. if you are treating your face or trying to get rid of pimples of blackheads or spots, Apply coconut oil after scrubbing or exfoliating your face. It works wonders.

- If you have a dry skin and you are struggling to find a solution, Add some coconut oil into your body cream permanently. Over time your skin starts to soften.

- It can be added to meals, smoothies and in salads. It boosts immunity, improves metabolism, and has anti-microbial effects. You can check for more uses online. (http://everydayroots.com/coconut-oil-uses). You can make coconut oil at home or you can just buy to save your self stress.

2. Baking Soda: This is another one that is very important. Most people confuse Baking Soda with Tartaric acid or Baking powder. Its different. Its also called Bicarbonate of Soda.
Baking Soda is normally used in baking alongside baking powder, but for home remedies, do not subtitute baking powder for baking soda. Also make sure you do not buy the stale ones or the ones tied up in nylons at the baking shops. Buy sealed ones and always check the expiry date.

-It is a natural spot and stain removal. Either you are trying to whiten your teeth, or you remove black spots on your face. Add baking soda to your DIY exfoliating scrub to remove black heads and dead skin. Apply some baking soda alongside your tooth paste, or just use it to brush. It whitens the teeth. Try not to swallow. Apply a baking soda paste to your ankles and under arms to remove the blackness
- It removes bad odour. Dust baking soda in your fridge, or your rug or carpet to remove foul smells. add baking soda in a glass of water and use to gaggle to remove mouth odour.
- Some other uses can be found here: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/51-fantastic-uses-for-baking-soda.html

3. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): This one is so dear to my heart. I have been using it for over 5 years. it relieves heartburn and stomach disorders. Most people complain that it did not work for them. I'll explain why it may not work. Most ACV brands sold in Nigeria is the diluted one. Its has been overly processed and it may not be effective. Original Organic ACV should still have the 'mother' in it. It should have a pale orange or pale yellow colour, and a thick brown paste of the bottom container. Its used for weight loss too. Start your day with 2 tbps ACV diluted in a cup of water. ACV is also used to treat feminine Yeast infections. Its a natural disinfectant.
N.B Never Apply ACV directly without diluting. It still has some acidic nature. Always dilute.

You can make ACV yourself by using just apples and water. Though it usually requires some long fermentation process. There are a lot of youtube videos that show how you can. I prefer to just buy the organic ACV and just use it when I want.

Other products are garlic(natural antibiotic. treat infections)
- turmeric powder (yorubas call it 'ajo'), for treating infections. It also inhibits the growth of cancer cells
- lemon (natural bleach and odour removal. Can be added to cakes for flavour. Add to milk to substitue for buttermilk)
- ginger( for menstrual cramps and inflammation),
- Avocados and Cucumbers (smooth skin, aids digestion and keeps the body hydrated)
- Unsweetened yoghurt, (natural probiotic)
- Oatmeal (healthy substitute for Carbs. used for exfoliating of the skin too)

Overall, Make healthy choices and Eat more greens, and less Carbs. Also, NEVER use a drug/prescription without checking out the name and its effect online. It helps to prepare your mind ahead and also helps to avoid wrong doctors prescription.

I have personally used all of these products at some point in my life, and it worked, and I felt I should share. Hope someone finds it useful.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by Godhead4(m): 4:44pm On May 01, 2017
Please owing to your signature, how much do you earn for a living?
Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by geekybabe(f): 8:48pm On May 01, 2017
Godhead4:
Please owing to your signature, how much do you earn for a living?
Lols.. you wanna increase it? smiley
Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by Godhead4(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2017
Nope.
I wanna join you, provided its lucrative cool
Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by henrimoto(m): 7:22am On May 08, 2017
Thanks for sharing this use full information.

Pls, where can one get this baking soda, which of the retail shops?
Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by geekybabe(f): 6:39pm On May 08, 2017
henrimoto:
Thanks for sharing this use full information.

Pls, where can one get this baking soda, which of the retail shops?

Any shop/stall that sells baking ingredients or cake making ingredients should have. Or stalls like shoprite.

Make sure to buy the ones with visible expiry dates
Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by toseen7: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Some Natural Home Products / Remedies That You Must Have At Home. by EmyGod(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2022
geekybabe:
For one, I personally do not like taking drugs. Not that I dont, but I believe there are some very simple issues that i do not need to use drugs, and especially antibiotics for. Why? because drugs affect our body physiology, and organs at-times the effects are not pleasant.

Due to my experience with Ulcer that i shared here: ( https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy), I have come to realize that there are so many natural foods and remedies that abound in nature that can treat some basic health issues at home without drugs. And they work very well without your body having side effects that drugs give you.

1. Coconut oil: I think this tops it on my list. The usefulness of coconut oil are so many. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal effects,

-it is a very healthy alternative to cooking oils. if you are trying to loose weight, then by all means gradually adopt coconut oil in your diest.

- For Women who have issues with irritation in their feminine parts over time. Either its yeast infection, or Bacterial Vaginosis-BV (itching, and fishy smell with some discharge) , or some candidasis. Most times doctors prescribe antibiotics and creams, and patients use it and the infection does not go or often re-occurs. Simply apply some coconut oil to those parts and watch your bv or yeast infection disappear. The effects are almost instantaneous. relieves itching, burning, and restores your body part to normal. And you have your peace. smiley
- Its is used as a natural moisturizer. if you are treating your face or trying to get rid of pimples of blackheads or spots, Apply coconut oil after scrubbing or exfoliating your face. It works wonders.

- If you have a dry skin and you are struggling to find a solution, Add some coconut oil into your body cream permanently. Over time your skin starts to soften.

- It can be added to meals, smoothies and in salads. It boosts immunity, improves metabolism, and has anti-microbial effects. You can check for more uses online. (http://everydayroots.com/coconut-oil-uses). You can make coconut oil at home or you can just buy to save your self stress.

2. Baking Soda: This is another one that is very important. Most people confuse Baking Soda with Tartaric acid or Baking powder. Its different. Its also called Bicarbonate of Soda.
Baking Soda is normally used in baking alongside baking powder, but for home remedies, do not subtitute baking powder for baking soda. Also make sure you do not buy the stale ones or the ones tied up in nylons at the baking shops. Buy sealed ones and always check the expiry date.

-It is a natural spot and stain removal. Either you are trying to whiten your teeth, or you remove black spots on your face. Add baking soda to your DIY exfoliating scrub to remove black heads and dead skin. Apply some baking soda alongside your tooth paste, or just use it to brush. It whitens the teeth. Try not to swallow. Apply a baking soda paste to your ankles and under arms to remove the blackness
- It removes bad odour. Dust baking soda in your fridge, or your rug or carpet to remove foul smells. add baking soda in a glass of water and use to gaggle to remove mouth odour.
- Some other uses can be found here: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/51-fantastic-uses-for-baking-soda.html

3. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): This one is so dear to my heart. I have been using it for over 5 years. it relieves heartburn and stomach disorders. Most people complain that it did not work for them. I'll explain why it may not work. Most ACV brands sold in Nigeria is the diluted one. Its has been overly processed and it may not be effective. Original Organic ACV should still have the 'mother' in it. It should have a pale orange or pale yellow colour, and a thick brown paste of the bottom container. Its used for weight loss too. Start your day with 2 tbps ACV diluted in a cup of water. ACV is also used to treat feminine Yeast infections. Its a natural disinfectant.
N.B Never Apply ACV directly without diluting. It still has some acidic nature. Always dilute.

You can make ACV yourself by using just apples and water. Though it usually requires some long fermentation process. There are a lot of youtube videos that show how you can. I prefer to just buy the organic ACV and just use it when I want.

Other products are garlic(natural antibiotic. treat infections)
- turmeric powder (yorubas call it 'ajo'), for treating infections. It also inhibits the growth of cancer cells
- lemon (natural bleach and odour removal. Can be added to cakes for flavour. Add to milk to substitue for buttermilk)
- ginger( for menstrual cramps and inflammation),
- Avocados and Cucumbers (smooth skin, aids digestion and keeps the body hydrated)
- Unsweetened yoghurt, (natural probiotic)
- Oatmeal (healthy substitute for Carbs. used for exfoliating of the skin too)

Overall, Make healthy choices and Eat more greens, and less Carbs. Also, NEVER use a drug/prescription without checking out the name and its effect online. It helps to prepare your mind ahead and also helps to avoid wrong doctors prescription.

I have personally used all of these products at some point in my life, and it worked, and I felt I should share. Hope someone finds it useful.

Which way is best to dilute apple cider vinegar ?

(1) (Reply)

No Drugs, No Enlargement, Just Natural Ways To Increase The Size Of Your Banana / Jigsimur Natural Health Drink / My Friend Wants To Kill Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.