Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools (932 Views)

China People And Culture In Anambra / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by atimealvin11: 6:39am On Feb 06, 2017
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ojaja II, stated this in his palace at Ile Ife Osun, that this would also allay the fears that the African culture was gradually going into extinction.

“The learning of culture needed to be impacted on the younger generation right from when they are young so that it will become part of them,” he said.

The monarch said that he was not ashamed to project his cultural heritage inherited from his forefathers to the world.

“I am proud of my cultural heritage and I am proud to showcase it to the world.

“ The river that does forget its source never runs dry,” he said.

He said that Africans were gradually killing their cultural heritage due to their embracing the western culture.

“ Nigerians should stop the habit of imbibing foreign cultures at the detriment of their own cultures.

“Africa has the richest and most valuable cultures in the world, especially, Nigeria to be precise, “he said.

Ogunwusi prayed that the cultural heritage Nigerians and Africans inherited from their forefathers would not go into extinction....COMPLETE INFO AT http://www.vintageinfo.com.ng/2017/02/06/ooni-wants-compulsory-teaching-of-culture-in-schools/
Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by pacharles1(m): 6:40am On Feb 06, 2017
He's truly Correct.! Oyibo has made us lose track of our heritage. Especially all these Lagosians. angry
Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by chachanga: 9:03am On Feb 06, 2017
Positive aspects of our culture should be promoted while archaic, backward and retrogressive, abusive thought-forms should be abolished as we embrace a new paradigm shift.

I wouldn't wanna be learning any useless historical bullshhyt in class if I was a student anyway.

These curricula scopes should be broadened and directed to serving the betterment of the coming generation's moral, ethical and psychological foundations.
Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by OlaoChi: 1:17am On Feb 11, 2017
and how is your opinion important?
chachanga:
Positive aspects of our culture should be promoted while archaic, backward and retrogressive, abusive thought-forms should be abolished as we embrace a new paradigm shift.

I wouldn't wanna be learning any useless historical bullshhyt in class if I was a student anyway.

These curricula scopes should be broadened and directed to serving the betterment of the coming generation's moral, ethical and psychological foundations.
Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by chachanga: 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
OlaoChi:
and how is your opinion important?

angry tongue angry

Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by OlaoChi: 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
chachanga:

angry tongue angry
Yet Jon snow knows more than you think.. #KINGoftheNORTH angry
Re: Ooni Wants Compulsory Teaching Of Culture In Schools by StarFlux: 6:07am On Feb 19, 2017
From whose perspective will these cultural teachings stem from?
First of all it is important to remember or be aware that cultural fields of study (sociological/historical fields) at least previously were severely biased towards western ethnocentrism. As a result you have serious implications in regards to the accuracy, and indeed the truth, of many accounts of African societies. Although today analytical models have to a large degree rid themselves of this western influence, old works require revision.

My suggestion:
Disregard Nigerians who studied abroad (a new perspective is needed) and develop pure Arican models for explaining and understanding our culture.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Youth Organization Of Nigeria Awarded Hon. Tony Elebo (photos) / Setting Records Straight: Benin And Yoruba Historical Wars(battle Of Supremacy) / Census’ll Require Time, Skill, Stamina, Buhari Tells NPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.