Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? (4089 Views)

Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Who Created Hell?? God Or Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
God is not a man....it is the romans thst csused all these problem witth their stu.pid new testament bull sheet...God created and his responsible for everything whether good or evil..the word "Satan " occurs just 3 times in the old testament and each of those times he does only what God ask him to do, showing tthat he is under God's control....which was what we believrd before the brain washing missionaries came to set ud on the wrong psth because they wanted to steal our respurces...
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
That is what the Noah story illustrates...the God that creates is the same God thst destroys...not devil, not Satan....evil does not happen until he says so.....Lamentation 3:38
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Lex11(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
avaa:

Are you talking of the same god who murdered innocent kids in Egypt? Who commanded and aided all those atrocities committed by the Israelites? The one who drowned the whole world?
Such a kind, good, just and loving god he is!

========
The operative word and title here are GOD... He is Almighty, Sovereign GOD! He righteously can do and does as He pleases, oh man (Psalm 103:19)

We have the privilege of being alive, of being created in His image... yet, what is man? What is man to question GOD? (Psalm 144:3).

"Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands" -Isaiah 45:9

Whenever judgment came on any nation or people... it was justified because of iniquity, for their "wickedness" (Genesis 18:20-21, Leviticus 18:24-28, Deuteronomy 9:4, etc) "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." - Ezekiel 18:32

GOD is good... He's said it repeatedly, I've seen it... (Psalm 52:1, Psalm 84:11, Psalm 143:10, etc)... and while there are many things I do not understand, by His mercies I believe and trust Him implicitly, without question.

-----
"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." - Isaiah 45:21
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by otemanuduno: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2017
avaa:
If the abrahamic god is real, believe me, he'll be serving a long jail time for all the atrocities hr committed in the bible and quran.
The good news is that Yahweh is currently in a spiritual cage and he shall remain there for a thousand years for the renewing of the minds of the African people to take place.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
yemimajid:
All you had to do was give reasons why you think the OP is wrong and that the devil is indeed more evil than your god.. you need not throw accusations of any sort

Oh this, the OP is wrong because he incompetently failed to count the number of havoc wrought by the devil on earth where he lives and claims to exist.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by randomperson: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Image123:

Oh this, the OP is wrong because he incompetently failed to count the number of havoc wrought by the devil on earth where he lives and claims to exist.
How do we know the evil on earth where we exist is not done by god?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
randomperson:
How do we know the evil on earth where we exist is not done by god?
You tell me how you know it's not done by the devil. God said so.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by lastkingsman: 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
hahn:
It is popular belief that the Devil is more evil. No thanks to religious people who have blamed the devil anytime bad things happen in their lives and even consequences of their own actions.

But I have been thinking and also wondering, what exactly did the devil do to become so infamous?

In the beginning, according to the bible, the devil tempted Eve and she ate the fruit and as a result god punished mankind for eternity.

Let's go back a bit. God created the devil. God is omniscient and knew that the devil would fight against it. It also knew man would fall for the temptation, eat the fruit and it would also have to punish man for eternity.

Now, since god decided to do this, doesn't this make it responsible for every evil?

After all, everything is god's will which means that every evil, disease, poverty, death, eternal roasting in hell, sickness are also it's will. This also makes void any claim that there is freewill by the way since nothing is really by our or devil's will.

Then why do people keep blaming the devil for god's will as it manifests? Why don't people thank god when there is an accident or when a loved one dies or when they is an earthquake or tsunami or war that kills thousands and millions,

After all, it is only part of god's divine and perfect will.

What is your opinion?

My opinion is that the bible has been greatly misinterpreted
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

But god created the devil knowing fully well it will eventually become evil. Yes or no?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
InsanePsycho:

But god created the devil knowing fully well it will eventually become evil. Yes or no?

Are you saying that on assumption? i don't know. The point of discussion was who is more evil, not creation or foreknowledge.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

Are you saying that on assumption? i don't know. The point of discussion was who is more evil, not creation or foreknowledge.

The point is, if the devil is evil did god create it knowing it would eventually become evil? yes or no?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by randomperson: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
Image123:

God said so?? How do u know he's not lying. The evidence we have shows god is much more wicked than the devil. Your own bible shows that
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
hahn:

Help me ask hungerbad oo. Someone cannot quote the bible again tongue
who is God?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 12:58am On Feb 28, 2017
randomperson:

God said so?? How do u know he's not lying. The evidence we have shows god is much more wicked than the devil. Your own bible shows that

Same way i know you are clueless, by reading what is said. Again, how you know it's not done by the devil?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 12:59am On Feb 28, 2017
InsanePsycho:

The point is, if the devil is evil did god create it knowing it would eventually become evil? yes or no?

Actually, the point is about who is more evil in God or the devil, The answer is the devil.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 11:30am On Feb 28, 2017
Image123:

Actually, the point is about who is more evil in God or the devil, The answer is the devil.

Why is it the devil?
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by orunto27: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
As Christ is The Son of God, He lives in The Light, Goodness and Life, so is Satan, who stays in Darkness, Evil and Death.
Christ bears in His hand permanently a Sceptre of Righteousness. Whereas, Satan bears a Sceptre of Selfishness(The Beast).
The case of Satan is like a Deputy who is always out stepping his bounds of Responsibilities.
Satan does more evil 'cos it's always willing to report itself bloody skilful before God.
For example, God gave Satan specific limits in its Encounters with JOB.
And when it entered Judas, Christ monitored it.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by luvmijeje(f): 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmmmm.... .. .. valid question.

God indeed created the devil but he created man to have dominion over it in Gen 1:28
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Man lost his his position on earth because of disobedience but thank God for the coming of Jesus who was the firstborn from the death. In Luke 10:19 Jesus said
19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

The devil was created for man to have dominion over.

I'm going to say it again, anyone trying to apply worldly wisdom to his words, will continually fail.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Why is it the devil?

Rather why is it God? Why do you think it is God? Obviously, you based your assumptions on what you think you read from the Bible not minding it's veracity to spite your nose. i took my point from the same Bible which states that the devil is the one who steals, kills and destroys. No contest really.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Image123:

Rather why is it God? Why do you think it is God? Obviously, you based your assumptions on what you think you read from the Bible not minding it's veracity to spite your nose. i took my point from the same Bible which states that the devil is the one who steals, kills and destroys. No contest really.

Lol. You obviously do not read the bible

Can you mention one thing that the devil did that is as evil as when god destroyed the whole world in a flood or when it burnt women and children in Sodom and Gomorrah while it did nothing when Lot had a party with his daughters?

Also, can you tell us how come god is not responsible for whatever the devil does since it created the devil with beforehand knowledge that it would rebel against it and it would need to cast it to earth and it would deceive Eve thereby necessitating the construction of a place of eternal torture and torment
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Lol. You obviously do not read the bible

Can you mention one thing that the devil did that is as evil as when god destroyed the whole world in a flood or when it burnt women and children in Sodom and Gomorrah while it did nothing when Lot had a party with his daughters?

Also, can you tell us how come god is not responsible for whatever the devil does since it created the devil with beforehand knowledge that it would rebel against it and it would need to cast it to earth and it would deceive Eve thereby necessitating the construction of a place of eternal torture and torment

Duh, the question is who IS more evil, not who WAS more evil,. You happen to be stuck in the past, come out in Jesus name Amen.
Your second question holds a lot of fallacy and ignorant assumption. Anyway, Toyota is not responsible for the Toyota car accident that happened this morning. You may gullibly ask how that is possible, i'll tell you.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Image123:

Duh, the question is who IS more evil, not who WAS more evil,. You happen to be stuck in the past, come out in Jesus name Amen.
Your second question holds a lot of fallacy and ignorant assumption. Anyway, Toyota is not responsible for the Toyota car accident that happened this morning. You may gullibly ask how that is possible, i'll tell you.

Bros, so you are now comparing your all perfect to god Toyota manufacturers?

Didn't iPhone and Samsung recall their exploding phones? undecided
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Jozzy4: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Evil:

something that causes pain or sorrow or a kind of calamity . Yes , when the bible said God Create Evil (KJV ), it is right because God enforce the penalty for sin on Adam which has proved to be a calamity for mankind . ( Gen 2:7)

So, bringing Evil is not synonymous with wrongdoings . You can cause Evil (pain, sorrow) when you enforce judgement for a transgression.

But yes there are cases where God shows mercy and refuse to bring the planned Evil or refrain from causing calamity after the display of genuine repentance E.g people of Nineveh., which further reveal he is a God of Mercy.

The world is full of chaos and disorders right now, check the ruler . ITS SATAN ( 1 John 5:19) infact, when he offer Jesus the whole kingdom of this world . Christ didnt argue the rulership with him . a right thinking person who sees all the atrocities been commited in this world we are living in , which is ruled by Satan would know Satan is Wicked as stated in 1 John 5:19)
, that is why Jesus teach us to pray this way ... " Father ... let your kingdom come" Matt 6:9,10 , Under Gods kingdom manking will find exquisite delight ( psalm 37:9-11)
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Bros, so you are now comparing your all perfect to god Toyota manufacturers?

Didn't iPhone and Samsung recall their exploding phones? undecided

Good boy, you dropped the first nonsense and concentrated on the second irrelevance. Illustrations are made to help easier understanding, not to compare. Did you do Olevels at all? Car accidents are different from factory defects.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Image123:

Good boy, you dropped the first nonsense and concentrated on the second irrelevance. Illustrations are made to help easier understanding, not to compare. Did you do Olevels at all? Car accidents are different from factory defects.

And what will you refer to the creation of the devil as, a factory defect or car accident

And you seem not to realize your ridiculous defense does not put into consideration that the manufacturers of the car do not claim to be all knowing and all blah blah blah so by comparing them to your god and it's mistakes, you have only succeeded in proving it's incompetence better than I would have.

Thanks for that smiley

Your god KNEW devil will Bleep up and all the things that happened will happen BEFORE creating it. Remember everything is it's will so that means people burning in hell are also it's will. It means whatever the devil does is god's will. Hallelujah cheesy

Trust me, you are much more safer going with the theory that your god doesn't exist smiley
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
InsanePsycho:

And what will you refer to the creation of the devil as, a factory defect or car accident

And you seem not to realize your ridiculous defense does not put into consideration that the manufacturers of the car do not claim to be all knowing and all blah blah blah so by comparing them to your god and it's mistakes, you have only succeeded in proving it's incompetence better than I would have.

Thanks for that smiley

Your god KNEW devil will Bleep up and all the things that happened will happen BEFORE creating it. Remember everything is it's will so that means people burning in hell are also it's will. It means whatever the devil does is god's will. Hallelujah cheesy

Trust me, you are much more safer going with the theory that your god doesn't exist smiley

Of course the accident, don't you think? The point of the accident analogy was that producers/manufacturers/creators have fine print clauses. They are not responsible for third party use of what they produced. When you add dangote cement into your food, it's not dangotes fault. When you ram your Uncle's car into the fence, it's not Honda or BMW to blame. God is not responsible for your actions or that of your dad. The rest of your red herrings, you can keep in the toilet flush.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
Image123:

Of course the accident, don't you think? The point of the accident analogy was that producers/manufacturers/creators have fine print clauses. They are not responsible for third party use of what they produced. When you add dangote cement into your food, it's not dangotes fault. When you ram your Uncle's car into the fence, it's not Honda or BMW to blame. God is not responsible for your actions or that of your dad. The rest of your red herrings, you can keep in the toilet flush.

Lol.

Your god already filled the toilet up so there is no room to put any more waste

Your god is responsible because it knew. Since it knew then it is responsible. Continue using human analogies to defend your almighty god

You are only succeeding at making it petty
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Image123(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Lol.

Your god already filled the toilet up so there is no room to put any more waste

Your god is responsible because it knew. Since it knew then it is responsible. Continue using human analogies to defend your almighty god

You are only succeeding at making it petty

You are rambling on wild assumptions. Why are you using human language to talk about God but complaining about me using 'human' analogy to explain to you? Is it a sin in your atheistic religion? You don't seem to know what is doing you. Say what you can defend instead of all these presumptions and redherrings you fly with.
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by InsanePsycho(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Image123:

You are rambling on wild assumptions. Why are you using human language to talk about God but complaining about me using 'human' analogy to explain to you? Is it a sin in your atheistic religion? You don't seem to know what is doing you. Say what you can defend instead of all these presumptions and redherrings you fly with.

Bros, your comments are getting dumber dumber every time. Are you trying to win a prize or something? undecided
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Zukerberg: 11:42am On Mar 25, 2017
hahn:

His etisalat number is not going through

You get him mtn? grin
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:
It is popular belief that the Devil is more evil. No thanks to religious people who have blamed the devil anytime bad things happen in their lives and even consequences of their own actions.

But I have been thinking and also wondering, what exactly did the devil do to become so infamous?

In the beginning, according to the bible, the devil tempted Eve and she ate the fruit and as a result god punished mankind for eternity.

Let's go back a bit. God created the devil. God is omniscient and knew that the devil would fight against it. It also knew man would fall for the temptation, eat the fruit and it would also have to punish man for eternity.

Now, since god decided to do this, doesn't this make it responsible for every evil?

After all, everything is god's will which means that every evil, disease, poverty, death, eternal roasting in hell, sickness are also it's will. This also makes void any claim that there is freewill by the way since nothing is really by our or devil's will.

Then why do people keep blaming the devil for god's will as it manifests? Why don't people thank god when there is an accident or when a loved one dies or when they is an earthquake or tsunami or war that kills thousands and millions,

After all, it is only part of god's divine and perfect will.

What is your opinion?
poster once you get home, ask your father his opinion on this topic,,, nonsense
Re: Who Is More Evil, God Or The Devil? by hahn(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2017
princecharles100:
poster once you get home, ask your father his opinion on this topic,,, nonsense

I asked your mum and all she could say was "ooohhh, aahhhh" grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

T B Joshua Allegedly Married Off His Daughter Secretly To Avoid Scandal / Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed / Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.