Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

What Is A Good Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is A Good Car (518 Views)

Is Opel Zafira A Good Car For A Transport Business / Is Mercedes E200 1996 A Good Car / Any Good Car Within 500k And 600k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Good Car by bigchica(m): 10:34am On Feb 09, 2017
A good car is any car that meets the individual requirements of the user. A car is good to me if it checks all necessary parameters that I want in a car. A good car is a car that fits into your plans, this includes your budget, comfort, usage, sophistication, etc.

If for instance, I want a cheap, with good fuel economy and low cost of maintenance, a car with a V8 engine will not be a good car for me. That of course does not mean that cars with v8 engine are bad! The first step to acquiring a good car to know what you actually need! Then finding out which car fits into this plan of yours. Before buying that car, take your time; carry out research not just on the car brand and specifications but also on your own budget, routine and life style.

On several occasions, I have seen intended car buyers, especially the first time ones, set out to get a regular everyday kinda car that suits their personality and life style perfectly but returns with very pretty and expensive sport car. A friend of mine set out to get a Carmy 2002 model which we discussed about, he ended up buying a Murano which he doesn’t really need! It is of course a very beautiful car, but it wasn’t good for him, he couldn’t maintain it, Murano’s parts are quite expensive. Well he is looking for a buyer to sell of the car. The 2002Toyota Camry would have definitely served him better.

It would be fallacious to say that a particular brand of vehicle is a good car. Most cars are good! Therefore in picking a car, you should not just pick a car that is general goo, you should be a car that is particularly good for you. Please bear in mind that what is a good car to you may be a terrible choice to somebody else!

The following should be taken into consideration in choosing a good car:

BUDGET:

The first thing you should consider when picking a car is your budget. A car that is way above your budget is not a good car for you. Don’t get into debt because you want to drive a car.

Budget is not limited to coat of purchase, but also includes the cost of cost of maintenance, availability of part and technical knowhow. Why buy a car if you have to import the basic parts or can get hold of an expert to work on your vehicle? At the end of the day, you may pack up the car due to high cost of maintenance. If you set out to buy a Toyota corolla do not come back with a BMW S series.

SAFETY AND COMFORT:

Your safety and comfort is paramount, and should not be compromised. For what use is a car, if you are not comfy in it? Before buying that car, consider your weight and height, size of family etc. if your can is not convenient, it is not a good car!

USAGE:

How often do you drive? If you plan on buying an everyday car, then you must buy a strong vehicle. Your environment and regular routes should also determine the kind of vehicle you buy. How bad are your road networks, would you be dodging pothole, would you be driving off road, how long would you drive daily, how many k/m do you expect to cover daily. These are important question to ask yourself before you make a purchase.

A good car is not a BMW, or a Benz or Range; it may even be a Subaru or Kia! A good car is a car that personifies you.

http://www.everydaycarz.com.ng/2017/02/what-is-good-car.html

http://www.everydaycarz.com.ng/
Re: What Is A Good Car by Henrygreat212(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2017
That's cool!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Go Battery And What Brand / How Much Is Toyota Camry 2001 Side Lamp / SPECIAL SALE! Don't Miss Out. Get 5% Discount Off Tire Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.