Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) (2536 Views)

What A Pity! Nigerians Have Been Buying Prison Slippers For N22,000 And Wearing / Soldiers Reportedly Strip Nigerian Lady For Wearing A Camouflage – PHOTOS / Reps – Nigerians Have A Right To Know Buhari’s Health Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Aragon: 12:30am On Feb 10, 2017
By now everybody might have seen the outrageous Video clip of the two Soldiers beating a disabled-Man. Thank God for the public outcry and the swift reaction from the Nigerian military, condemning the disgraceful act.. But what got to me were the people commenting and saying "Why Did the Disabled-Man wear camouflage?" Implying that he brought the beating upon himself. Well let me make this clear, the guy is putting on a piece of Clothes that Military across the world use as camouflage in Jungle Terrains. It is not illegal and he has every right to put it on! For those that doesn’t know, back in the days when I was growing up in Nigeria, there was a time when that Camouflage Material was in Vogue. We will go to the Market, buy the Material and have Tailors Sew our different designs and go to Parties and Clubs looking Fly! Girls also Sew Top and Skirt with same camouflage material. It was just fashion and no big deal. Of cause like all Fashion, it too soon Faded away and people stopped putting it on. And also the Military started Frowning on it, not because it is Illegal or because Civilians don't have the right to wear or put in on NO! but rather because of CRIME! They fear Criminals might wear it and Pose as Soldiers to commit crimes! And I guess they started intimidating anyone that puts it on because of this particular reason. But I don’t think there is any Nigerian or Military Law that says it is Illegal to wear Camouflage because in truth it is not a Military Uniform! What can make it an Official Uniform is the Barge, Number, Logo, etc.. As long as your Clothes doesn’t carry all these, it remains a normal piece of Clothes. But the Crazy part of this particular Incident is the Cripple! The Man is on a Wheel Chair and so nobody can Mistake him for a criminal posing as a Solider to commit Crime which makes you wonder, what could be their Reason for treating him that way? If the man can get a good Lawyer like Festus Kenyamo, they can sue the Nigerian Military for Millions of Naira and easily win the Case. The Nigerian Military must Train and give their personnel proper Orientations. Military are only needed in time of War, otherwise they should have no dealings whatsoever with Civilians who’s Taxes pays their Salaries. They must stop seeing Civilians as their enemies. Over here where I reside I hardly see Military people, and even when you come across them once in a blue moon, they are very polite.

NOTE: This is not saying Nigerians should be putting on Camouflage and having a go at the Military, rather I am just pointing out the facts as it stands that it is not illegal to wear Camouflage and the urgent need for our Military to go for proper Orientation cos when that happens people can put on anything and the Army wouldn’t blink.

Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by searchng4love: 12:31am On Feb 10, 2017
We should test this in the law courts

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by frankzone: 12:35am On Feb 10, 2017
It's a common site in Dubai here and all over the world, we too dey carry things for head. #ourmumudondo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by joshadedapo(m): 12:40am On Feb 10, 2017
Soldiers in Nigeria beat civilians but they cower before a boko haram member with ordinary Dane gun. The thunder that will fire some of them is warming up in Sambiza
Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Lastking147(m): 12:42am On Feb 10, 2017
I have camouflage tops and jackets but I can't wear it outside my gate, dem don touch one of my Gs bfr so I can't risk it rara very bad!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Lastking147(m): 12:43am On Feb 10, 2017
joshadedapo:
Soldiers in Nigeria beat civilians but they cower before a boko haram member with ordinary Dane gun. The thunder that will fire some of them is warming up in Sambiza
As in eh, na only naija all this things dey happen
Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Khaliyah(m): 2:35am On Feb 10, 2017
Its against the law here in Nigeria to wear camouflage, this law was made due to security reasons CUs it poses as a treat n also as a result of ongoing insurgents across the nation where must attacks are carried by people out under the disguise of camouflage. Civilians actually orchestrate lots of crimes with camouflage CUs of the respect n authority associated to it. Its actually annoying seeing what u suffered your ass for being abused by civilian. The best we can do is to avoid wearing camouflage if not for anything but for the security challenges facing the nation.
Note: Am not in support of the way they brutalized that guy.
Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Aragon: 3:03am On Feb 10, 2017
Khaliyah:
Its against the law here in Nigeria to wear camouflage, this law was made due to security reasons CUs it poses as a treat n also as a result of ongoing insurgents across the nation where must attacks are carried by people out under the disguise of camouflage. Civilians actually orchestrate lots of crimes with camouflage CUs of the respect n authority associated to it. Its actually annoying seeing what u suffered your ass for being abused by civilian. The best we can do is to avoid wearing camouflage if not for anything but for the security challenges facing the nation.
Note: Am not in support of the way they brutalized that guy.

I didnt realise a Law has been made against wearing Camouflage. Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Khaliyah(m): 3:19am On Feb 10, 2017
Aragon:

I didnt realise a Law has been made against wearing Camouflage. Thanks for the updates
You welcome sire!!
Re: Nigerians Have Rights To Wear Camouflage, It Is Not Illegal (pics) by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 11, 2017
is this really true that one can wear camos and not experience damage ?

(1) (Reply)

Strictly And Absolutely Strictly For Guys! / Dr Azolibe, I Dont Want A Bigger Penis. / Which Door Will You Open First ? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.