Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums (25122 Views)

10 Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums In Nigeria / Innoson Files Motion For Stay Of Execution Over Arrest Warrant / 15 Profitable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by asekefatima(f): 6:45am On Feb 10, 2017
The economy of Nigeria is in recession, and most companies and industries don't have the financial capabilities to employ graduates anymore. The retrenchment rate is on the increase, and this will increase the number of unemployed youths, thus increasing the rate of unemployed women.

A mum's responsibilities include taking care of the home, training the kids to be the best, amongst others, which require lots of time and energy. Most mums don't even have the time to take up a full- time job and with the economic issues we are facing in Nigeria, a mum needs to contribute her quota to the family finances, in a way of augmenting what is already provided by the head of the family (Father).

Now since getting a job is a problem, and a mum's financial effort needs to be felt in a home, hence, the need to getting a business idea to make money from home is very important.

I will share with you 5 most achievable business ideas a stay-at- home mum can take- up, and make a good profit from.

1. Selling unused items:

Description: There are lots of unused items we allow to waste away because we generally believe they are not useful anymore. Used clothes, shoes, and bags can be sold to people that will like to buy them at a cheaper rate if they are still in good shape.

Other unused home appliances that are in good conditions can be placed on your social media platforms and put up for sales.

Also, unused clothes can be turned into the making of pillow, shoes, and sold out at a good price.

Profit: N2,000-N40,000 per sale (estimated).

Tools needed: Sewing machine, old clothes, old home appliances.

Tips: Make up your mind if you really want to sell your unused items, do a lot of advertisement about what you sell, go pro by advertising online.

2. Babysitting:

Description: The UNICEF estimates that an average of 353,000 babies are born each day around the world. Isn't that amazing how you can make a lot of money babysitting for working mums? Most working mums are not allowed to carry their babies with them to their workplace/offices, so they need nannies that would take care of their babies for them, at a good price.
A babysitting business require a neat and serene environment; which you can start from your home, it is easy to run, and a lot of profit can be made running this business.

Profit: N3,000-N50,000 per week (estimated)

Tools needed: clean space (Home or rented), baby toys, baby beds, television (optional), cooking utensils, 1-2 helping hands, consultant doctor(should any health issue arises), Security officer.

3. Selling of recharge cards and internet data bundles:

Description: Communication is key in the life of an individual. Effective communication is an essential tool that enables us to better understand and connect with people far and near to us.
The need to get informed about happenings around the world has increased the rate at which people use the internet.

The sales of recharge cards can be done at a small, medium or larger scale, and a lot of units can be sold within a short period of time.

There are four major network providers in Nigeria, and they all sell internet bundles to consumers. You can buy a larger internet data bundles from all network providers and sell at a smaller unit, with a lot of profit to be made from it.

Just ensure that you advertise your products well to your customers.

Profit: N200-N1000 per day (small scale), N1000- N3000 per day (medium scale), N3000-N10,000 per day (larger scale).

Tools needed: Biro, staple machine, calculator, mobile device, safe or bag, space (optional if selling from home), capital (depending on the scale you will like to start with).

Tips: Be serious with the business, don't spend the profit, be consistent, and don't sell on credit to any customer, even to yourself, lol..

4. Tutoring and selling of cakes and snacks:
Description: If you have the knowledge of making snacks such as small chops, and cakes, then you can start making smaller quantities from your kitchen and selling them from home, or supplying them to a supermarket that might be interested in buying from you.

Events such as weddings, naming ceremonies, do require the services of caterers for food preparations, making of snacks, cakes and a lot of profit can be made from this business.
You can also put up your cake and snacks tutorial adverts on social media platform, in order for you to tutor people and get paid.

Profit: N1000- N20,000 per day (depending on the number of orders you sell per day)

Tools needed: Cooking utensils, baking tools, and equipment, materials for baking, baking skills (very important).

Tips: Learn how to bake very well, advertise your products online, create a good business name and business card, tell people about your skills whenever you attend any event/outing.

5. Production and selling of hand- crafted products:
Description: Do you have a knowledge about making handcrafts, such as beads, baby shoes, or clothes? Then you have an opportunity of making money from this business venture.

In order to maximise profit, you need to be good at your chosen craft, get a good packaging for your products, and get them advertised to those who might be interested in buying them.
Profit: N1000- N10,000 per day (estimated).

Tools: Equipment and materials needed for your chosen hand-craft, space to display your products.

Tips: Advertise your products online, create a good business name and business card, wear your products, and tell people about your products whenever you attend any event/outings.
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
These business ideas are achievable because, I am into two of these businesses, baking of cakes, snacks, and bead making. Also, any of them can be started from home and an only little amount of money is required if you want to start small.
If you are a stay-at-home-mom, or you need a business that would augment your salary, then you need to maximise opportunities around you and start one of these businesses, as it will be of great achievement to you.

I encourage you to start a business you are good at, define your goals, and take that bold step towards achieving the best for yourself.

Wishing you success always!

5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-At-Home Mums first appeared on fatisticinfo.com.
http://www.fatisticinfo.com/2017/01/5-achievable-business-ideas-for-stay-at.html

Myndd44, Lalasticlala

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by drey69(m): 6:49am On Feb 10, 2017
FTC at last. S/O to all DreamChasers...Hustle go pay one day.
I have nothing to say tho

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by izzou(m): 7:09am On Feb 10, 2017
grin

My only problem with this post is how the op is estimating the profits

How you take know say na the gain wey Dem am every week be that?

angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Aburi001: 7:10am On Feb 10, 2017
No be who get capital dey start up business? grin

The Recession is bitting hard jare, even to sale gala and Sobo now na yawa. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Teadavid23(m): 7:10am On Feb 10, 2017
Laughing in an unknown tongue

2 Likes

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Eddygourdo(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2017
A true down to earth post. Good for women who see opportunities in their predicaments. God bless a hardworking mum

5 Likes

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by emvico(m): 7:12am On Feb 10, 2017
yes make e die sad
what is the topic self
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Xeedorf: 7:13am On Feb 10, 2017
okay continue..
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by SuccyJ(f): 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
two comments and it's already in front page. it's all good, I was here though.
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by JONITEZ(m): 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Well, it cool. Meanwhile check out my signature
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by larrybee2017(f): 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
izzou:
grin

My only problem with this post is how the op is estimating the profits

How you take know say na the gain wey Dem am every week be that?

angry
Did you read the post? Mostly the part where op say " I'm into two"?

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Nogen: 7:14am On Feb 10, 2017
Nothing beats Network marketing for stay home mums. You only need an Internet enabled device .
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by coliobabs(m): 7:15am On Feb 10, 2017
OK
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by sakalisis(m): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by dalass(f): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
Teadavid23:
Laughing in an unknown tongue

Alien! grin
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by nmreports: 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
These jobs like all jobs would require the following:

1. Hardwork.
2. Patience and perseverance.
3. Continued belief.
4. Investment.
5. Drive and passion.
6. Focus.
7. Time.

Do not think it is an easy way out

Here are also a list of simple businesses you can also do if unemployed or a stay home:
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/06/list-of-simple-businesses-you-can-do-if.html

Every business requires hardwork, knowledge and drive but its achievable.

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by xolocious(m): 7:16am On Feb 10, 2017
A nice work and this message isn't for housewives alone. It's for all and everyone, kudos to you @Mr Op
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by tojahh(m): 7:17am On Feb 10, 2017
Capital though.....
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by izzou(m): 7:18am On Feb 10, 2017
larrybee2017:

Did you read the post? Mostly the part where op say " I'm into two"?

And she estimated for all?

Remember locations matter.

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by opalu: 7:21am On Feb 10, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by kachiz(m): 7:23am On Feb 10, 2017
North213:
Kaduna

So Buhari is now a stay-at-home mom?

A president that cannot stay in his country, is that one president?

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by bobchigar(m): 7:25am On Feb 10, 2017
These are good business ideas but you need to have something to start it with. Non availability of capital is the major problem of executing good business ideas.

1 Like

Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by femi4: 7:36am On Feb 10, 2017
Fatima!

Any job for stay at home Dads?
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Nairalane: 7:50am On Feb 10, 2017
Meaningless ideas, regarding that stay at home point. These ideas can't work staying at home. You want to be selling cakes, cards at home, let children stay with you, you won't distribute them back in d afternoon abi. Why do I even click this post self.
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by OkekeChristian(m): 8:20am On Feb 10, 2017
North213:
Kaduna

The picture on this post got my attention.
Is this for real?

If it is, I would love to know how many people showed up for the event, that is, beside the players.
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Arewa12: 8:33am On Feb 10, 2017
Great write up.....
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by ssolaoye: 9:19am On Feb 10, 2017
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by Muzanga(f): 9:26am On Feb 10, 2017
Being a stay home mum is a full time job on its own.
Re: 5 Achievable Business Ideas For Stay-at-home Mums by kamkechi(f): 10:17am On Feb 10, 2017
I know of a bussiness you can start off without capital(cash), and if you have cash i also have other bussinesses you can venture into, I own a butik and am also into other bussiness because of the economic situation of this country , you can contact me on 08037043168 or follow me on Twitter:@Ojiakonkechi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leaked CBN Circular Bans Naira Overdrafts Secured By Foreign Currency Deposits / Man Publicly Drags Nigerian Businesswoman For 1000$ Debt In Istanbul / Recession, Female Gamblers On The Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.