Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie (1148 Views)

How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? / Why Do We Africans Mostly Nigerians Place More Emphasis On Spirituality?? (pics) / Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello MizMyColi,

MizMyColi:
The link I pasted here is a diary update of a woman who feels a tad scared of the dream she had. Personally, I don't think it's bad. I feel like it has to do more with her spirit guides and maintaining a kind of relationship with them. Not sure though.

I thought to call on you two. I believe you can help here. Even I, am interested in the implication of the dream.

Usually I would have avoided to air an opinion on an issue which was not addressed directly to me. But I regard you as one of the most beautiful souls around, and I can't refuse your polite invitation. I could not answer directly in the indicated topic (diary section), so I created a new one. Sarassin, who has greater expertise in this domain, may also give his analysis here. Above all, it is a good opportunity for us to exchange.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2017
Zaynie: Salam,

I just had the weirdest dream ever.
I was about walking into a house ( not mine)
Then I met 3 men.....looking very spectacular but out of place.
One was tall, very tall and attractive, a black man with red eyes and red hair. He wore our native adire. I remember looking into his eyes of fire.
Another was tall too, not as tall as the first. He had an angry look on him. Very black somebody like that.
The third was of S.American heritage. He was smaller in stature,light skinned with curly hair.
He looked so cute.

I paused to stare as I passed by them. Then an old man stopped by to speak to them. He looks at me pointedly and I ran inside. I was afraid I had done something wrong and these angry men were looking for me.
I could hear the old man tell them that they just missed the person they came for. As I hid in the sitting room, he kept making these incantations until he came to me, looked at me straight in the eyes. Pointing to a small animal skin mat with cowries all over, he said and I quote " Let the divinations begin" .
I take a step back and say "I don't know how"
He says " Once you start, you will. It is never forgotten once you learn it"
I looked at him, touched my hijab and said " I am a muslim now, I don't do this anymore"
" Before you became a muslim, you were this!" He replies.
" It consumed me! I had terrible dreams and nightmares. It darkened my soul'
" You have to do this for them, do you not know who they are?"
The one with the eyes of fire is looking at me. I feel him compelling me to pick up the mat of cowries.
The fair moves closer, I smile, hug him, tousle his curly hair and say " You look so cute" exactly in the same voice I use for my kids.
The black one stands guard outside.
I wake up with a start.
Authubillahi minna shaytani rajeem.

This is a true dream I had about 30 minutes ago.

Epp me, I don't want to become a mamalawo.
I LOVE being a MUSLIM o!

Salam.

1 Like

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello dear Zaynie,

I read your writing and would like to offer my perception. You are welcomed to critically analyze its worth, or ask additional questions.

First of all, I would like to say your dream and your understanding of it can be greatly distorted by preconceived ideas you have about "babalawos", spirituality in general and religion. I understand african movies, nollywood and others, have succeeded in presenting a false image of what true spiritual men are or should be.

Real "babalawos" are not necessarily (and most of them are not) the typical herbalist, diviner stereotype.

Secondly, true spirituality does not prevent one from exercising any given religion, especially islam. Most religions, and Islam in particular have deep spiritual truths and treasures, which are usually ignored by their partisan. In simple terms, you can be a deep spiritual person and remain faithful to your chosen religion. Both are not mutually exclusive.

To come back to your dream, my understanding of it, is that you have started an initiatic journey in a previous life, which your "real" self would like to further in this life. If my understanding is correct, then you must have manifested disposition, interest, and falcuties right at infancy and they suddenly disappeared or at least considerably reduced.

It could be that Fear and doubt prevented you in a former life to move to the higher sphere of your then chosen path, as courage and unbending intend are necessary for "piercing the veil". This could also explain, why you are a muslim in this lifetime, since islam carries the values of courage and mental strenght.

My perception is that your dream has really nothing to do with being Babalawo or in your case mamalawo. This is, if I am correct, a distortion due to rational mind and the consensus of the society in which you grew up. Most people who pretend to be herbalists are not true spiritual men: at their best they just use formulas and rituals they saw, heard, received here and there. At worst, they just pretend.

To sum it all up, I think you are being reminded not to forget your other side, that is, that you have to build your abilities. At the end it is for the good of your fellow human. No real spiritual man, follows the strenuous labor of becoming one, for money or fame purposes.

Islam is a great religion, if you can remove the human additions and distortions and discover the treasures hidden therein.

Greetings.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
So this is how those people learn their trade lipsrsealed
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by MizMyColi(f): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
Thank you LoJ
I feel honored really.

In truth, I've had similar dreams which I cannot exactly recall. But I find that I do things which I am visibly incapable of in my present being.

So I could relate with how she must have felt.
I would also like to learn.

Thank you again.
Thank you for taking the time.
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by malvisguy212: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Loj. The people you mention, they dream, strange dream. So, do you want to help them ?
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
malvisguy212:
Loj. The people you mention, they dream, strange dream. So, do you want to help them ?
Which people are you referring to?
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
MizMyColi:
Thank you LoJ

So I could relate with how she must have felt.
I would also like to learn.
Don't mention.

It is possible to make spiritual progress without any formal assistance, but such progress shall be limited to the basics (character, intend, strength and a few abilities). At some point arises the need for a guide, a helper, a form of (human) teacher, who muss not of necessity be a guru.

When we are ready to go beyond common boundaries, life places around us, effortlessly, such (a) teacher(s). In this the saying is true: "When the student is ready, the teacher comes".

I am not however such a person. But hopefully there shall be, or there is already, one or many of this kind around you.

Greetings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by zaynie(f): 6:26am On Feb 11, 2017
Thank you Loj for your help.
And you too, Mizmycoli.

In most of these dreams, I am always unhappy or troubled. This is why I am quite content to stay put where I am.
Of what use will it be to seek what might take away my happiness, family or my sanity?
I do not want to be the cat curiosity killed.

My 'mamalawo' jab was me lightening things up.
I read it and it made me chuckle even in my fear.

Thank you again for your help.
God bless.

2 Likes

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by johnydon22(m): 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2017
LoJ:

Which people are you referring to?
lol
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by ashjay001(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
LoJ:

Don't mention.

It is possible to make spiritual progress without any formal assistance, but such progress shall be limited to the basics (character, intend, strength and a few abilities). At some point arises the need for a guide, a helper, a form of (human) teacher, who muss not of necessity be a guru.

When we are ready to go beyond common boundaries, life places around us, effortlessly, such (a) teacher(s). In this the saying is true: "When the student is ready, the teacher comes".

I am not however such a person. But hopefully there shall be, or there is already, one or many of this kind around you.

Greetings.

Greetings

I attended a fellowship(1st time), and didnt feel welcome. Is that normal? Almost, seem d members I approached where moving me on.
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
ashjay001:
Greetings

I attended a fellowship(1st time), and didnt feel welcome. Is that normal? Almost, seem d members I approached where moving me on.
Hello ashjay001,

which fellowship did you attend? What were your purposes?
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by ashjay001(m): 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
LoJ:

Hello ashjay001,

which fellowship did you attend? What were your purposes?

Centrum lodge.
Hoping on becoming a member.

Ur use of 'greetings', makes me think u're a member?
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
ashjay001:
Centrum lodge.
Hoping on becoming a member.

Ur use of 'greetings', makes me think u're a member?
I know the organisation you are refering to. No, I am not a member of that organisation. Of course there is nothing wrong with being a member.

If you want to follow a "higher path", do not look for comfort and confidence in the way people treat you or look at you. Find your strength within yourself, as all you need is already within you.

Greetings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by ashjay001(m): 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
LoJ:

I know the organisation you are refering to. No, I am not a member of that organisation. Of course there is nothing wrong with being a member.

If you want to follow a "higher path", do not look for comfort and confidence in the way people treat you or look at you. Find your sthrength within yourselve, as all you need is already within you.

Greetings.

Which other uses 'greetings', I tot it was unique to them?
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
ashjay001:
Which other uses 'greetings', I tot it was unique to them?
I belong to no "formal" esoteric organisation. I practice and learn Tantra.

Greetings.
Re: On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
LoJ:

I belong to no "formal" esoteric organisation. I practice and learn Tantra.

Greetings.

(1) (Reply)

Is Smoking Of Cigarettes While Fasting As A Christian Bad / Halloween Is Demonic!! Revealed By Founder Of Satanic Church / The Words Of Jesus Are Not Words Of Allah/Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.