Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (10704 Views)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN / Atheists Express Their Rage Against God Although In Their View, He Doesn't Exist / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by rawgurl(f): 10:01am On Feb 11, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by CHARLOE(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
People hate what they don't understand n ladies are usually very gullible & religious in dis part of d world

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by tintingz(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Are you sure you an atheist?

Because your personal text in your profile says "am working in power, am working in miracle".

To answer your question, all atheist in Africa are seen as crazy people, people think they are crazy and doomed.

Women are known to be gullible and more religious, it will sound awkward for women to be atheist in Africa.

And as for your children, ofcos it will affect them since both you and hubby are atheist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by randomperson: 10:29am On Feb 11, 2017
tintingz:
Are you sure you an atheist?

Because your personal text in your profile says "am working in power, am working in miracle".

To answer your question, all atheist in Africa are seen as crazy people, people think they are crazy and doomed.

Women are known to be gullible and more religious, it will sound awkward for women to be atheist in Africa.

And as for your children, ofcos it will affect them since both you and hubby are atheist.
How will it affect them

1 Like

Re: . by malvisguy212: 10:33am On Feb 11, 2017
i believe, both good and evil, women will have an important role in this end times. In the book of Genesis God tells
the serpent:
And I will put enmity betwee thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:15

Why would God particularl place enmity between woman and evil? What is her role in this?

Think about this, It was Eve who brought the lie to Adam. She did not make the lie
but from a human perspective she was the first to repeat the lie and act on it.

But God redeme woman by making her ( through mary) the first to reveal the Truth (Jesus). And ever since satan has been coming to women to decieve human.

Women will play a very important role, if hilary clinton had win the election then 3 major country would have been rule by women, united state, england and germany, just as the bible prdicted.
Re: . by tintingz(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2017
randomperson:

How will it affect them
The same way religious parents indoctrinates their kids.

1 Like

Re: . by Redoil: 10:39am On Feb 11, 2017
CHARLOE:
People hate what they don't understand n ladies are usually very gullible & religious in dis part of d world
i know you have taken a position. I will suggest you do serious deep thinking about ur position.
Re: . by rawgurl(f): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: . by Seun(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:
I don't know but as a female atheist, people thinks am crazy.
Religious people think every atheist is crazy, due to their childhood indoctrination.

Am an atheist, hubby is also an atheist, will it affect our kids in anyway ?
Your kids are very lucky to have rational parents. You'll just have to teach them to pick their battles wisely when dealing with religious people.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by rawgurl(f): 11:05am On Feb 11, 2017
Seun:

Religious people think every atheist is crazy. CHildhood indoctrination

Your kids will be lucky to have rational parents. You'll just have to teach them to pick their battles wisely when dealing with religious people.

thanks for ur insight.
Re: . by CHARLOE(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2017
Redoil:
i know you have taken a position. I will suggest you do serious deep thinking about ur position.
And I no u have jumped into conclusion without thinking. Not an atheist myself but I've lots of respect for them, they're not bound by fear, intelligent, unlike most religous folks I know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by randomperson: 11:16am On Feb 11, 2017
tintingz:
The same way religious parents indoctrinates their kids.
Actually, they would be lucky to have a parent that encourages a logical course of action rather than relying on sky fairies for goodies

3 Likes

Re: . by tintingz(m): 11:59am On Feb 11, 2017
randomperson:

Actually, they would be lucky to have a parent that encourages a logical course of action rather than relying on sky fairies for goodies
Lol
Re: . by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:
because i don't believe in there murderer, wicked, self-centered God am now crazy and doomed ?
I'm just stating what religious people think of atheist.

how ?
Religious parents indoctrinate their kids.
being an atheist will also affect the kids.
Re: . by HCpaul(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
randomperson:

How will it affect them

The same way you were affected.

You were born into a religious family where religion reign and you have to be brought up with that same mental awareness that there is a god.

If you aren't told, then your proposed explanations on life issues wouldn't have been addressed in Gods prospect but plain logic and human reason.

3 Likes

Re: . by abdulaz: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
Not the society sister, the hypocritical minds of Nigerians is the bane behind it. They prioritise foreign religion over logical thinking.

7 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
As someone as already said, its because stereotypically, females are seen to be more gullible and easy to manipulate. And society generally frowns more at people who make their decisions based on other's opinions as opposed to people who have minds of their own.

Another reason could be that women, especially in Africa, are seen as 'home builders' who are expected to hold their families together from straying away into 'destruction'. And Africans generally believe that non religious people are on that path. So, seeing the home builder as an atheist is frowned upon.

But it shouldn't matter to you. Just do your thing and keep questioning things to be sure that you are an atheist based on your own personal convictions. Never get too 'set in your ways'.

3 Likes

Re: . by benzics(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:

Kids are naturally atheists, but make sure you teach them religion for what it really is, a fairy tale, before their school indoctrinates them and tell them religion is real and there is one skydaddy above.. .

LOL, delusional people always think atheists are crazy, not just female atheists, they are like "eternity is a long time" grin , and like "are you not scared of God"... Religion still remains the opium of the masses, and for one to really move past religious idiocy, it takes a whole level of intelligence and bravery wink Don't mind the delusional peeps though, we see them a lot...

8 Likes

Re: . by rawgurl(f): 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2017

8 Likes

Re: . by Blackfire(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:

U know, i was asking the question because my mother-inlaw is complaining bitterly that me and my hubby are leading the kids astray, that we don't go to church so on and forth,

but i know and believe there is no fairy daddy with white long beard above the skies that oversees everything happening in the world,

and i think the world will be a better place if those religious bigot will stop religious indoctrination and allow the kids think freely, ask questions without fearing that the bearded fairy man will throw them in the lake of fire.

are u an atheist? or u see fairy tales in the religious book u don't believe or somethings about men of god that simply dosent add up.
it will be good if u don't mix them up.
Re: . by Seun(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:
U know, i was asking the question because my mother-in-law is complaining bitterly that me and my hubby are leading the kids astray, that we don't go to church so on and forth,
Alas, that is to be expected. She was hoping to make up for her failure to indoctrinate your husband by indoctrinating her grandkids. You can allay her fears of the kids growing up without morals due to the lack of religion by explaining how you teach them to be good without God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
rawgurl:

U know, i was asking the question because my mother-inlaw is complaining bitterly that me and my hubby are leading the kids astray, that we don't go to church so on and forth,

but i know and believe there is no fairy daddy with white long beard above the skies that oversees everything happening in the world,

and i think the world will be a better place if those religious bigot will stop religious indoctrination and allow the kids think freely, ask questions without fearing that the bearded fairy man will throw them in the lake of fire.
You're lucky she doesn't know that you don't even believe in God grin grin grin
That would have been hell.
As for your question, theist in nigeria naturally assume all atheists are crazy, the existence of God is never questioned or challenged in Nigeria, so atheists can come off as really strange.
Its not a female thing, they see us all as crazy. Your kids will most likely end up irreligious, its nice that you don't fill their heads with fairy tales.

1 Like

Re: . by orunto27: 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
They are mama Bleepers
Re: . by Seun(m): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
Lennycool:
You're lucky she doesn't know that you don't even believe in God grin grin grin
She doesn't? I assumed the opposite.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 12, 2017
Seun:

She doesn't? I assumed the opposite.
I think she only knows they don't go to church. Not believing in God is a whole other matter.
Re: . by lepasharon(f): 5:19am On Feb 12, 2017
OP you in Nigeria?
Re: . by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 12, 2017
rawgurl:

Your Kids won't have a moral compass, hopefully you are not one of the hateful and foul mouthed atheists who can't stop insulting the supposedly nonexistent God.They will learn to insult and disrespect everyone else.

But God will always get to his own, if he happens to choose one of your kids as his, or even one of you.
Re: . by Immorttal: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2017
Muafrika2:

Your Kids won't have a moral compass, hopefully you are not one of the hateful and foul mouthed atheists who can't stop insulting the supposedly nonexistent God.They will learn to insult and disrespect everyone else.

But God will always get to his own, if he happens to choose one of your kids as his, or even one of you.

Did you read this your write-up before hitting the 'submit' button
Re: . by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 12, 2017
Immorttal:
Did you read this your write-up before hitting the 'submit' button
Yep smiley

Even edited a few spelling mistakes after submitting undecided
Re: . by orunto27: 8:39am On Feb 12, 2017
They are like Witches who can't nurture Children.
Re: . by orunto27: 8:46am On Feb 12, 2017
Women Atheists should go for NCE Teaching Practice.
Re: . by orunto27: 8:57am On Feb 12, 2017
I do hope that blessed Nairaland is not rearing and proliferating a Society of NUTS?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dramatic Construction Of Muslim's Response To Reading "The People Vs Muhammad" / Twin Brother Takes Over Church Of Disgraced Pastor, Albert Odulele / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.