Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (10680 Views)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Registers As A Corporate Body, Petitions MDCN / Atheists Express Their Rage Against God Although In Their View, He Doesn't Exist / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by rawgurl(f): 10:47am On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:
OP you in Nigeria?

yeah
Re: . by rawgurl(f): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2017

2 Likes

Re: . by MaziOmenuko: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Muafrika2:

Your Kids won't have a moral compass, hopefully you are not one of the hateful and foul mouthed atheists who can't stop insulting the supposedly nonexistent God.They will learn to insult and disrespect everyone else.

But God will always get to his own, if he happens to choose one of your kids as his, or even one of you.

I find the bolded laughable. You religious folks always ascribe morality to religion. Lol...your ignorance knows no bounds: a typical case of growing up in Nigeria and thinking the sun rises and sets in Nigeria.
No need to even engage you...morality my ar'se! With all your morally upright Christian politicians stealing you dry.

11 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

I find the bolded laughable. You religious folks always ascribe morality to religion. Lol...your ignorance knows no bounds: a typical case of growing up in Nigeria and thinking the sun rises and sets in Nigeria.
No need to even engage you...morality my ar'se! With all your morally upright Christian politicians stealing you dry.
You are a perfect example! Please sit down and breathe slowly,

Any other angry atheist here wishing to quote me? undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
rawgurl:

she's aware that we don't believe in God
Damn.
Family reunions must be a pain.
How do you handle all your relations and their beliefs.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
They don't exactly grin at male atheists either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by lepasharon(f): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
rawgurl:

yeah

thats a shame
Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:

thats a shame

It isn't. What's a shame is you being in your comfort zone abroad. Can you handle being an open atheist in Nigeria the way rawgirl and Seun etc are?
Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
Muafrika2:

You are a perfect example! Please sit down and breathe slowly,

Any other angry atheist here wishing to quote me? undecided

Deist here. Not angry just amused by and pity your ignorance. You need to learn that being atheist doesn't mean one lack morals. Neither does being religious guarantee morality as there are many devoutly religious yet immoral people.

2 Likes

Re: . by rawgurl(f): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 13, 2017
UyiIredia:

Deist here. Not angry just amused by and pity your ignorance. You need to learn that being atheist doesn't mean one lack morals. Neither does being religious guarantee morality as there are many devoutly religious yet immoral people.
You are no atheist. undecided Though am not sure of your point of reference of moral ideals.

Am referring here to a point of reference of morality. Not the morality itself.

An atheist refuses to acknowledge a universal standard. The truth is that most gays, and people living careless and openly promiscuous lifestyle (read sexual freedom) are atheist too.
Re: . by JackBizzle: 4:42am On Feb 13, 2017
Muafrika2:

Your Kids won't have a moral compass, hopefully you are not one of the hateful and foul mouthed atheists who can't stop insulting the supposedly nonexistent God.They will learn to insult and disrespect everyone else.

But God will always get to his own, if he happens to choose one of your kids as his, or even one of you.

Don't you notice that the worst set of people in Nigeria are the religious people?

If it is not the fraudulent pastors, it is the book haram bombers.

Surely you know that morality is innate and far deeper than any religion.

Nigerians with your mentality embarrass us abroad. People like you find it difficult to relate with Buddhists, Sikhs and pagans abroad.

Please learn to be tolerant. Just even look at the current Pope. Even atheists love the guy because he actually tries to reach others of different beliefs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by JackBizzle: 4:45am On Feb 13, 2017
Muafrika2:

You are no atheist. undecided Though am not sure of your point of reference of moral ideals.

An atheist refuses to acknowledge a universal standard. The truth is that most gays, and people living careless and openly promiscuous lifestyle (read sexual freedom) are atheist too.

There are a lot of gays in the church. Even gay bishops.

Morality exists both before and without christianity.

Please, reason.

2 Likes

Re: . by ValentineMary(m): 5:01am On Feb 13, 2017
Women in most African societies have been taught to be subjective to the male. And for the very fact that most Nigerians are theist, therefore she is expected to be subjective and follow the religion of her husband. undecided and when she does not follow this line, she is labeled crazy or demonic.
We live a cyclic life which revolves around growing up, practicing a religion, going to school, getting a job, getting married and having kids. And slight deviation from this cycle automatically makes u an outcast.
But the strict adhesion to this rule by most Africans is the cause of our downfall.

2 Likes

Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2017
Muafrika2:

My morality stems from my ability to think.

Muafrika2:

And atheists have a basis for their morality. Their humanity.

Muafrika2:

An atheist refuses to acknowledge a universal standard.

There is no universal standard of morality particularly in religion. This is why different religions have different ideas of morality and even in the same religion people have different morals.

Muafrika2:

The truth is that most gays, and people living careless and openly promiscuous lifestyle (read sexual freedom) are atheist too.

On the contrary, I would argue that most are Christians. It is a FACT that many Nigerian Christians live promiscuous lifestyles.

2 Likes

Re: . by JackBizzle: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
UyiIredia:

My morality stems from my ability to think.

And atheists have a basis for their morality. Their humanity.

There is no universal standard of morality particularly in religion. This is why different religions have different ideas of morality and even in the same religion people have different morals.

On the contrary, I would argue that most are Christians. It is a FACT that many Nigerian Christians live promiscuous lifestyles.

Nice one, Uyi!
Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

Nice one, Uyi!
Hmmn. De way u dey sweet talk me dey fear me o. I'm used to you criticising me.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
I think it's because women tend to criticise religion out of harm inflicted on them and not clear cut logic or reason.

1 Like

Re: . by JackBizzle: 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2017
UyiIredia:

Hmmn. De way u dey sweet talk me dey fear me o. I'm used to you criticising me.

You left your reetarded religious beliefs behind.

You are now a man that I'm proud of!

Rise, my son. Rise, my son
You have grown, you have become.
Your childishness is gone.
And your manhood has come.
Rise my son, rise my son.

1 Like

Re: . by JackBizzle: 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
^^^
I wrote that short poem on the spot cool

Uyi, you have a great master.
Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
JackBizzle:

You left your reetarded religious beliefs behind.

You are now a man that I'm proud of!

Rise, my son. Rise, my son
You have grown, you have become.
Your childishness is gone.
And your manhood has come.
Rise my son, rise my son.

You also left your rêtardéd Catholic church. As you know I still believe in God so e aren't totally on the same page.
Re: . by JackBizzle: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
UyiIredia:

You also left your rêtardéd Catholic church. As you know I still believe in God so e aren't totally on the same page.

I have no issues with deists.

This is my son, Uyi Iredia, in whom I am well pleased
Re: . by lepasharon(f): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
UyiIredia:

It isn't. What's a shame is you being in your comfort zone abroad. Can you handle being an open atheist in Nigeria the way rawgirl and Seun etc are?

No embarassed

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
rawgurl:
I don't know but as a female atheist, people think I am crazy.

Am an atheist, hubby is also an atheist, will it affect our kids in anyway ?
who converted who?
Re: . by enshy: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
rawgurl:

U know, i was asking the question because my mother-inlaw is complaining bitterly that me and my hubby are leading the kids astray, that we don't go to church so on and forth,

but i know and believe there is no fairy daddy with white long beard above the skies that oversees everything happening in the world,

and i think the world will be a better place if those religious bigot will stop religious indoctrination and allow the kids think freely, ask questions without fearing that the bearded fairy man will throw them in the lake of fire.
No the world will rather be a better place if the atheists will keep their reason & logic to themselves and stop spreading folly to sweep off the feeble minded!
It will be a much better place if they repent and run to Jesus!
Re: . by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2017
enshy:

No the world will rather be a better place if the atheists will keep their reason & logic to themselves and stop spreading folly to sweep off the feeble minded!
It will be a much better place if they repent and run to Jesus!
So wait a minute, let me get this.

You agree that atheists are logical and reasonable yet you call that folly.

Hence one might say that you consider christians as those without logic and reason. Those that are gullible.

Congratulations; you just called the whole of Christendom stupid
Re: . by tosyne2much(m): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
rawgurl:

U know, i was asking the question because my mother-inlaw is complaining bitterly that me and my hubby are leading the kids astray, that we don't go to church so on and forth,

but i know and believe there is no fairy daddy with white long beard above the skies that oversees everything happening in the world,

and i think the world will be a better place if those religious bigot will stop religious indoctrination and allow the kids think freely, ask questions without fearing that the bearded fairy man will throw them in the lake of fire.
One of the reasons why I avoid coming to Religion Section.. One would definitely see comments that will make you have mixed feelings if God really exists or not cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by enshy: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2017
SirWere:

So wait a minute, let me get this.

You agree that atheists are logical and reasonable yet you call that folly.

Hence one might say that you consider christians as those without logic and reason. Those that are gullible.

Congratulations; you just called the whole of Christendom stupid
Did you go to primary school at all?
Have you heard of possessive pronouns - 'their logic and reasoning'?
Your reasoning is a folly on GP!
I just cut off your jubilation and excitement, you need Jesus also lest you perish without trace!
Re: . by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
One of the reasons why I avoid coming to Religion Section.. One would definitely see comments that will make you have mixed feelings if God really exists or not cheesy
Baba, i go love make you migrate come this section. Romance no dae move market again. ABI wetin you think wink
Re: . by tosyne2much(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
adepeter26:

Baba, i go love make you migrate come this section. Romance no dae move market again. ABI wetin you think wink
This section fit turn person to atheist jawe and I'm not ready to be one yet cheesy
Re: . by hopefulLandlord: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
tosyne2much:
This section fit turn person to atheist jawe and I'm not ready to be one yet cheesy

Hahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheists Are Hypocrites / The Name Of Jesus Is Powerless....philipians 2:10 / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.