Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

A Foolish Entrepreneur Listens But A Wiser One Watches - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / A Foolish Entrepreneur Listens But A Wiser One Watches (463 Views)

Join The Think Smart Entrepreneur Community / Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Foolish Entrepreneur Listens But A Wiser One Watches by cromwellk: 11:02am On Feb 11, 2017
One of the most important assets to develop in life and as an entrepreneur is a highly tuned Bull-S**t detector

The ability to quickly call BS on people will save you a lot of pain and money

Yes, I believe most people are generally honest but understand this;

When people feel awkward, under pressure or embarrassed the next thing to come out of their mouth is probably going to be a lie

Its what we humans do. Right?

What?

So you say you are a straight up honest individual?

So you have the integrity of a saint and would never ever consider not telling the truth

Fine.

But it would be a stupid mistake to think most people are like your righteous self

Most of us dirty rotten heathens tell little lies to save face or to avoid conflicts

Here is a typical example;

The Lie: Yeah, I am pretty certain that I sent you the email

The Truth : "Damn, I totally forgot about it, I hope when she looks again she assumes the email just bounced or something"

The lie : "Yeah, your haircut looks great"

The Truth : "I have seen more stylish hair on a monkey"

And so on

So I am saying; as an entrepreneur you must know that people say one thing and then do the exact opposite.

If you have a good BS detector you'd have noticed that for the very same people who say "Money's no object", money is always an object

Or people who say "I wont take much of your time", actually take up much of your time

And do you know who else is telling you lies?

Buyers!

Yup. Shocking isn't it?

Yes its true that entrepreneurs can be sleazy lairs when marketing, but buyers I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw a piano.

Is this scenario familiar : "Your product/business opportunity is great". But the person never buys anything you sell?

Look, my little crony

We are tuning African Entrepreneurs to become the most successful business people the world has ever seen

From how to find a winning product, creating a highly tuned sales funnel to attracting thousands of hungry customers all over the world

Our target for 2017 is generating a US$559,824 income for all our following entrepreneurs

Join our compaign and engineer your financial breakthrough

http://apply.cromwellsells.com/

holden wiring diagrams

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.. / Www.westentrepreneur.com - The Entrepreneurial Revolution / Pls Which Work Can My Blind Uncle Do At Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.