Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Thought Provoking Questions About God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thought Provoking Questions About God (1126 Views)

Thought-provoking Questions That Can Inspire Us / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thought Provoking Questions About God by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:21am On Feb 12, 2017
What do u guys think

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2017
Bro our faith gets tested everyday, meanwhile take ur mind off evil questions like this!!

God created us with the gift of free will - the ability to willfully choose Him or reject Him. We choose to sin - to reject God - through willful disobedience.

Job is a righteous, God-fearing man (Job 1:1); however, God allows Satan to inflict Job with horrible disasters and disease to test his loyalty. Satan wants to show God that Job's faith is false (Job 2:3-7).
God allows evil to occur partly for reasons we do know and partly for those we do not.  I know that God uses evil to discipline people (Prov. 3:11) and to teach them (Prov. 15:32).
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 12, 2017
Out of a black pot comes out white pap. That's a Yoruba adage.

God will eventually bring out good from evil.

Just as darkness is the absence of light, so also is evil the absence of good.

God is not the author of evil.

We have free will to choose between good and evil.

Most often we choose evil, we suffer the consequences and then we blame God.

The free will God has given to us to raise us from the level of dumb animals he doesn't step in to snatch it back each time we are about to commit sin.

We owe Him absolute and total fidelity and he wants us to make that choice consciously without having to coerce us.

It's either you give Him His due, or you don't.

His rules are simple. Do unto others what you want others to do to you.

So just imagine we all abide by this rule, how much of a paradise earth will become for us all.
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by niyihawking(m): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
DUMB PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by avaa(m): 1:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
victorious001:
Bro our faith gets tested everyday, meanwhile take ur mind off evil questions like this!!

God created us with the gift of free will - the ability to willfully choose Him or reject Him. We choose to sin - to reject God - through willful disobedience.

Job is a righteous, God-fearing man (Job 1:1); however, God allows Satan to inflict Job with horrible disasters and disease to test his loyalty. Satan wants to show God that Job's faith is false (Job 2:3-7).
God allows evil to occur partly for reasons we do know and partly for those we do not.  I know that God uses evil to discipline people (Prov. 3:11) and to teach them (Prov. 15:32).

Seems like a fucking sadist to me, a monster who has no value for life. Killed the poor guy's kids, destroyed everything he had, even inflicted him with a disease. For what? Just to win a stupid bet? And the bible actually claim that god knows everything, even before they happen. So why allow all those horrible things when he already knew job wouldn't falter?
Well, thankfully rational people don't believe such myths.

2 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
avaa:

Seems like a fucking sadist to me, a monster who has no value for life. Killed the poor guy's kids, destroyed everything he had, even inflicted him with a disease. For what? Just to win a stupid bet? And the bible actually claim that god knows everything, even before they happen. So why allow all those horrible things when he already knew job wouldn't falter?
Well, thankfully rational people don't believe such myths.
I can't change ur mindset about God dear but I'll advice u to love God so u would have eternal life. I pray ur faith and relationship with God wax stronger...
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by avaa(m): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
victorious001:
I can't change ur mindset about God dear but I'll advice u to love God so u would have eternal life. I pray ur faith and relationship with God wax stronger...

Ma'am, I don't believe in a god. I have no reason to. And if you are talking about the christian god, I can do better than a serial killer and a guy who sanctions rape and slavery. The concept of eternal life is simply a leash to keep folks from drifting away from religion.
One question: What makes your version of eternal life more real than many other versions of other religions?
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
avaa:

Ma'am, I don't believe in a god. I have no reason to. And if you are talking about the christian god, I can do better than a serial killer and a guy who sanctions rape and slavery. The concept of eternal life is simply a leash to keep folks from drifting away from religion.
One question: What makes your version of eternal life more real than many other versions of other religions?
dear atheist, I refuse to continue with this disscusion, we've made up our mind as to where our faith will lead us.....goodluck
Re: Thought Provoking Questions About God by avaa(m): 12:14am On Feb 13, 2017
victorious001:
dear atheist, I refuse to continue with this disscusion, we've made up our mind as to where our faith will lead us.....goodluck

Faith is an interesting thing. Blinds us to reason and predisposes us to irrationality. I was expecting you to counter my claims, tell me I lied and that Yahweh is truely a benevolent god who didn't take any life unjustly, and outrightly condemned rape and slavery.

I wish you goodluck too with your father. I hope he doesn't decide to play a bet with Satan soon with your life. I'm sure you have read the story of job.
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Case For Agnosticism / The Teachings Of Nagualism: 17. A WORTHY OPPONENT. / Funny Prophecies For Nigeria In 2018. Please, Add Your Own!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.