Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) (576 Views)

COVID-19: Management Reacts To Protest By ESUT Nurses Over ‘lack Of PPE’ / Coronavirus: Nurses In Enugu Protest Over Lack Of Medical Equipment For Work / Pharmacovigilance Services & Consulting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by ability19: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2017
I write this article or piece with all humility to every single reader of this great article and to the world at large. The essence of this article is actually to inform us. About the need or importance of "PHARMACOVIGILANCE"
Before I go on I would love to explain what pharmacovigilance and what drugs are.
The term pharmacovigilance(PV) is defined as the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other drug-related problem. But in a simple word it means "shine your eyes"
Drugs also called a medication or medicine, is a chemical substance used to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnose a disease or to promote well-being of an individual. Just as drugs can do all this so also it can kill when its taken without prescriptions and also if its fake or has expired.

"Pharmacovigilance" is a simply task every one should practice whether educated or not.I am writing this base on the environment or the continent or country I am from, were Over the counter drugs are sold. With out licence or prescriptions from a medical personnel. I go through the papers. Daily. And you see people die due to lack of the word. "Pharmacovigilance" the most recent one which made it so clear that even the so called celebrities or educated do nt actually pay attentions to the little but mighty thing that could claim ones live without performing them. Yes we sleep we do wake up its all the mercies of our creator. Not because we are. Too clean and without spot. But for his mercies upon us we also take drugs. Daily and Forget the importance of the word "pharmacovigilance" we swallow them without performing pharmacovigilance. Am nt making reference to this person just because he is popular or because he is a gospel artist,he did lost his life few days back all because of Just a fake drug. #antimalaria. He bought from a road side pharmacy shop to treat him self because he. Saw or noticed a sign or symptoms of Malaria. My candid advice the every one reading this great and short article is actually to have a knowledge About pharmacovigilance there are few things you are to check before you get a drug I would outline them and they are as follows
*Check for the BB which means best before
*Check for the expiry date in some drugs it comes as ED,EXP or BB
*Check for NAFDAC number (speaking base on nigeria and its regulatory body controlling drugs) urs can be another name for the sake of those reading this article in another country
*Check for the date of production. In some drugs u see. MFG.
* and finally there is actually a code u can text to know if its real or fake it can come with. Batch no too
I will also snap a pics containing an example of things u are to check before getting any drugs after prescription from a medical personnel. Its your fundamental human right to check this things before. You buy any drugs do nt be in a hurry getting a drug take ur time just as drugs are antidotes so also. It can kill when its fake and could lead to lots of complications if am to mention the complication in this article Wouldn't be enough. In conclusion just as you now know what pharmacovigilance is all about please make it a duty to talk to some one about it. Prevention is sure better than cure. Thanks peace

#prevention_medicine_(_the paramedic_and_me)
#university_of_Benin_Teaching_hospital_PARAMEDICS
#called_to_save_lives
#PARAMEDIC_NIGERIA

Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by Mrbigman1(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2017
Nice one.
I am guilty of dis, I am my own doctor since I lost my job. I dey use brain talk wetin dey worry me. Lmao
Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by ability19: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Nice one.
I am guilty of dis, I am my own doctor since I lost my job. I dey use brain talk wetin dey worry me. Lmao

Bros nor they do that kind parols. Again ooh. Please. Make sure. U check as instructed. Pharmacovigilance is the key ooh thanks so much for reading
Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by Mrbigman1(m): 10:13am On Feb 13, 2017
ability19:

Bros nor they do that kind parols. Again ooh. Please. Make sure. U check as instructed. Pharmacovigilance is the key ooh thanks so much for reading

U no go blame me ni, no more income, last I went to d hospital to run some test, d money reach 17k, I just respect myself go govt hospital. Still, self medication is an option here since medicals is so expensive when we ve little to no income.
U can't take it away from Nija, unless govt forget dis Dia nonsense and pix things.

Last time my dad was bed ridden, we paid about 1.8milla for private hospital. Just to keep d man alive, how much be burial? I to say after dat much expenses d person still die?

Try understand, my dad is over 60 and he should be getting free medic already.
Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by ability19: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2017
Mrbigman1:

U no go blame me ni, no more income, last I went to d hospital to run some test, d money reach 17k, I just respect myself go govt hospital. Still, self medication is an option here since medicals is so expensive when we ve little to no income.
U can't take it away from Nija, unless govt forget dis Dia nonsense and pix things.

Last time my dad was bed ridden, we paid about 1.8milla for private hospital. Just to keep d man alive, how much be burial? I to say after dat much expenses d person still die?

Try understand, my dad is over 60 and he should be getting free medic already.

Brov I understand u very well. But dat those nt mean u shouldn't check the drugs u wana buy oooh.

Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by Mrbigman1(m): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2017
ability19:

Brov I understand u very well. But dat those nt mean u shouldn't check the drugs u wana buy oooh.

Sure. Dat is another one too.
Re: Lack Of PHARMACOVIGILANCE Killed A Gospel Soldier( A Must Read) For All) by ability19: 10:39am On Feb 13, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Sure. Dat is another one too.

Okay sir. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

An Article By Dele Aina, RN: The Travails Of A Nigerian Mental Health Nurse / What You Need To Know About Esophageal Cancer / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.