Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) (32998 Views)

Adeshina Damilola Comedian 'Ibadan' Dies Few Weeks To The End Of His NYSC / Dead Bayelsa Corper Wrapped In Nylon Bag, Transported On Boat By Fellow Corpers / Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by MARYchiells(f): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2017
Happy birthday
L0velyn:
cry cry my birthday mate gone too soon bet whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! cry you will be missed mr valentino.... Rip
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by MARYchiells(f): 9:44am On Feb 14, 2017
Happy birthday
L0velyn:
cry cry my birthday mate gone too soon bet whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! cry you will be missed mr valentino.... Rip

Happy birthday
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by greatgod2012(f): 9:46am On Feb 14, 2017
This is so sad!

I feel sad right now!

I don't know how much they sell life jacket that our useless government cannot provide, wasting the lives of our youths.

May his soul rest in perfect peace!
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by CJAYFORTUNE: 9:47am On Feb 14, 2017
Nigeria....common life jacket,FG could not provide it for Corp members yet they are posting them there! Nigerian government God will judge you...risky death.RIP LATE CORPER VALENTINE UMEH.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by friendl: 9:49am On Feb 14, 2017
This is so sad ,l hate this country ,no value for human life
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by robosky02(m): 9:49am On Feb 14, 2017
lalasticlala:
So sad. Why couldn't they provide enough life jacket for Corpers?
During my time under Timipre Silver, there were enough life jackets for those of us that served around the creeks. I in particular never went anywhere, no matter how close without the life jacket.

RIP Valentine

oh lalasticlala

am beginning to get the picture of lala hmmmmm

I was also there during the Timipre Silver time, when we (corpers) were used to conduct the then rerun in bayelsa

we were posted to southern ijaw (Silga) but we had life jacket shaa
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Olowo2015(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
Sad news
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
too bad
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Tomjazzy2: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2017
It is saddening commenting on threads like this I swear sad

Though I wish no one death, but I'd gladly exchange the lives of citizens like this for the lives of those useless and clueless political class that have continued to keep us in perpetual state of want angry

RIP to the dead
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2017
A country where live is valueless. Leave nigeria now when you can and secure a future in a society where things work. I just left and it feels so good to be amongst humans. RIP Mr Val cry cry cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Edipee(m): 9:55am On Feb 14, 2017
Mznaett:
Chai! Even at my age I get scared walking on a bridge not to talk about swimming or travelling by watersad

RIP Mr Val
What in life are you not scared of? Snake, Water, bridge, swimming, cheats etc.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
May his soul find peace.

Why is everyone blaming FG? If there is anyone to blame it is the boat operator, the guy then follow by government in that order.

There is law that required boat operators to provide life jacket for passengers from all indication that was not the case.

There are also regulation on capacity which am sure was adhered to, most often that not overloading is responsible for capsizing.

The boy with his level of exposure should understand the importance of safety by not boarding a boat without a life jacket unless there is a life guard on board that can come to their rescue should the need arises.

Furthermore, this is the point where I blame the authority (not for not providing corper life jacket) for not enforcing regulation. If such regulations were being enforced there would be no need for NYSC to provide anyone with life jacket. It is not about corpers alone but the life of anyone including the operator of the speed boat is important and should be preserved by enforcing traffic laws.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by addikt(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2017
RIP bro, ....only if he can swim ....
Please friends , learn how to do things , swimming is good, he could have make it maybe if he knows how to swim. I make it my hobby and now I'm not afraid of water anymore!!

Before any boat capsize ,I would have let my hobby take its way....dive!!!
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by rhymesnoni(m): 10:04am On Feb 14, 2017
what a loss. RIP, man. sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Bamidele539: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
RIP to Valentine!!
On the contrary corpers posted across the waters/creeks in Bayelsa are usually given a life jacket immediately after the orientation i.e if your posting letter is pointing towards the waterside, with the hope that they wil have to return them after the final POP{1year}, but most corpers dnt like using life jackets because it has alwas been free access to corpers to have a life jacket..
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by xreal: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
This topic doesn't sound good.
It sounds as if the late corper is being mocked.

Mod should find a befitting title.

RIP - name sake.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Mznaett: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2017
Edipee:
What in life are you not scared of? Snake, Water, bridge, swimming, cheats etc.

It's not my fault that I get scared of the things listed abovesad

Truth is I don't just get along with them...
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by joinnow: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
Oya Go and buy one Today
Its N9,700 only online or less in open market
I dont want to hear another touching story.

Dat is Nigeria 4 you
You provide every thing for your self.
Electricity : you buy Generator for your self
Water: You dig borehole
House No Mortgage: you build house by yourself
Just few examples

Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by valicious1(m): 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
HateU2:
Another fallen hero cry cry cry cry

RIP Valentine and one stupid thing about water death is that you will be feeling it as you are dying cry cry.
have you died in the water before?
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by xreal: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
yinkslinks:
A country where live is valueless. Leave nigeria now when you can and secure a future in a society where things work. I just left and it feels so good to be amongst humans. RIP Mr Val cry cry cry cry cry

clap for ya sef.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by sugerbaby(f): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2017
Baylesa corpers mourn the, the family house of Catholic corpers is in turmoil, God knows the best. We miss you Val,rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2017
Painful death, RIP
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by airminem(f): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2017
Happy Valentine To You And Our Soldiers That Also Drowned In The Chad~Yobe River.
R I P
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by oyetpel(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2017
He will do his own valentine with 7 virgins in aljana.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2017
Wat an awful news..eyah poor him...rest in peace Valentine.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by 4peace(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2017
Bamidele539:
RIP to Valentine!!
On the contrary corpers posted across the waters/creeks in Bayelsa are usually given a life jacket immediately after the orientation i.e if your posting letter is pointing towards the waterside, with the hope that they wil have to return them after the final POP{1year}, but most corpers dnt like using life jackets because it has alwas been free access to corpers to have a life jacket..

RIP to Val!!

I dont know why op decided to blame govt without concrete evidence.
Op give us evidences
Who is responsible for the sharing of Life jacket
Who own the speed boat
Why didn't the speed boat have a life jacket? and other related info

Val should not die in vain.We can start the fight from twitter and other social media

Enoughisenough
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by barallanee(f): 10:22am On Feb 14, 2017
RIP cry
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by ManTiger(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
Nawa o...
See wetin negligence by naija authorities dey cause.. Speed boat without life jacket.

RIP mr Valentine...
We attach so much importance to this useless NYSC. Its a waste of time andtoo much senseless death! So very sad for this young man. RIP.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by Fkhalifa(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2017
This is sad mehn,we lost to many Corpers across water in recent years in bayelsa..

More reason I decided to flee, even with life jacket, I can't still gather moral from anywhere.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On Feb 14, 2017
FreeSpirited:
In sane climes and after this tragedy, no corp member will be posted to serve in water-rine area without provision for "lifejackets" by the govt..activists will even take up the case till the govt owns up.........Here in Nigeria, nobody cares if another set of youths dies same way serving this useless country!.. I hate this country.[b]
[b] Spot on, l use to be a patriotic Nigerian before l left the country, considering what l have seen in several countries l have been to that dont have 10% of the resources we have in Nigeria, l gave up.

Nigeria is not worth dying for, l ask myself, how have the masses coped for so long under a wicked, useless, terrible, oppressed country where politicians have raped the country several times without a condom and they still walk freely and are celebrated by the same masses, Nigeria is best been auctioned on e-bay and sold off to the G-7 countries, shared among-st them, it is better to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th class citizen in the West or a sane country than the nonsense Nigerians are enduring daily, you have money in Nigeria , it is a problem to enjoy it, you dont have it, it becomes a bigger problem.

Nigeria is not working and the earlier we tell ourselves the bitter truth, the better for us, a country where a former first lady has over 20 Million Dollars with choice properties everywhere without proof of how she accumulated the wealth, a country where a former NNPC GMD hid 9.8 Million Dollars in a safe in a slum in Kaduna and Millions of Nigerians are going to bed hungry every day beats my reasoning sad sad
[/b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by ikemesit4477: 10:30am On Feb 14, 2017
KennedyNwaodu:
Meet Corper Valentine That Just Died Few Days To Valentine.

We became friends in camp, later we got posted to the same PPA and inevitably became roommates. You said you were going to town to buy one or two things, but Valentine Umeh! You never made it back to our Corpers' Lodge. The speed boat Corper Valentine was inside capsized and he didn't survive just because NYSC couldn't provide Life Jacket for most of us serving in remote Islands here in Bayelsa.

14th February should have been your Birthday, and you said you were gonna turn our Corpers Lodge upside down with so much fun but now you are no more. RIP my friend... Corper Valentine Umeh #KoolGuy #MyFriend #MyRoommate #UniAbujaGraduate #GreatEconomist #Kennedyisgonnamissu4life.
so sad! But if am posted to that kind of a place, I will buy my own life jacket instead of depending on Nysc!
Re: Bayelsa Corper Valentine Dies Few Days To Valentine's Day (Photos) by psp2pc(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2017
I have a girlfriend that lives in a riverine area, when going to visit her, I make sure I use double life jacket, just incase... I can't imagine me boarding a boat without lifejacket.not because I am afraid of water,am a fairly good swimmer, but I believe my own safety is in my own hands. not govt that don't give a sh#t about me.... so I must say the guy has part of the blame. I hope other corpers learn from this.
R. I. P

woodcook:
May his soul find peace.

Why is everyone blaming FG? If there is anyone to blame it is the boat operator, the guy then follow by government in that order.

There is law that required boat operators to provide life jacket for passengers from all indication that was not the case.

There are also regulation on capacity which am sure was adhered to, most often that not overloading is responsible for capsizing.

The boy with his level of exposure should understand the importance of safety by not boarding a boat without a life jacket unless there is a life guard on board that can come to their rescue should the need arises.

Furthermore, this is the point where I blame the authority (not for not providing corper life jacket) for not enforcing regulation. If such regulations were being enforced there would be no need for NYSC to provide anyone with life jacket. It is not about corpers alone but the life of anyone including the operator of the speed boat is important and should be preserved by enforcing traffic laws.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? / Family Of Late Corper Kemisola Adeniran Receives N1.9M From INEC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.