Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents (29516 Views)

Dino Melaye Dancing To Majek Fashek's Song In Throwback Photo / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Rape Of Wife, Busola By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by 247frolic(m): 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
Timi Dakolo has published documents showing he did not infringe on copyright laws when he did a remake of Majek Fashek's ‘Send Down The Rain’.

The documents released by Timi shows that an agreement was signed by Charles Novia who represented Majek Fashek while the sum of N500,000 was paid on behalf of Timi Dakolo by Now Music to November Records.

According to THE NET, Charles Novia also released a statement saying Timi Dakolo did not break any laws. ‘Well yeah, I brought a statement on this last year which absolves Timi of any wrong doing and we still stand by that statement.

‘Majek in the presence three or four witnesses gave us permission to negotiate that deal on his behalf. Timi Dakolo actually went through all the processes required to clear the song.

‘I don’t know what Majek’s new management is trying to achieve with these things, ‘ he said.

See documents below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/timi-dakolo-reacts-to-majek-fasheks.html

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Erngie(f): 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
cool
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by gracefoundmme(m): 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
fp at last
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by casttlebarbz(m): 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by talk2archy: 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
the last time i met majek fashek at down town hotel gowon estate he was like......

18 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by jesus500(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
Majek fashek, I so much love righteousness by him. My favorite song.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by joliyp(f): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2017
medcine afta death
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by smudge2079(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mr Majek @ it again. He probably want more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by mykeljosef: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
so many iirrelevant posts on fp today

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Yameater(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
They settle amicably
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by sotall(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2017
k

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by jiinxed: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Where's the misunderstanding coming from? Greed?

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Jeffrey12(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
ok
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
Maybe majek don high Dat time

4 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by KingsleyCEO: 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
Rain maker is back... Now we know those who didn't want him to recover!

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Adelawysb: 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
After smoking sapele weed. angry sad shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by manikspears: 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
i like what timi did,he did not talk he showed evidence.THE END.

25 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by prodiga: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
majerk is looking for publicity or pity,the guy should go and beg those he offended
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by opara28(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
IRANU!
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by MrMystrO(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
ok
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by freeborn76(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
When I said here that Majek's management was up to something sinister, some dudes here called me out...

8 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Jeel: 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
till then
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Mayany(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2017
Am a bit surprise, I actually thought anyone can wake up and sing someone's song in this our lawless country

5 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by alfsalami: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Scheming to make it through the back door I guess
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Araoluwa005(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
majek is been managed by bunch of greedy people

3 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
That Crap song for 500k

Haba

2 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by fufuNegusi(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
PLAGIARISM is a big crime

especially when you mess with the wrong author or writer

but, lemme state categorically that there is no way in any form TIMI is guilty?
this is a proof of his innocence

he has done the right thing

so egbon Majek abeg SWERVE cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by LordOfNaira: 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
post=53706442:
Timi Dakolo has published documents showing he did not infringe on copyright laws when he did a remake of Majek Fashek's ‘Send Down The Rain’.

The documents released by Timi shows that an agreement was signed by Charles Novia who represented Majek Fashek while the sum of N500,000 was paid on behalf of Timi Dakolo by Now Music to November Records.

According to THE NET, Charles Novia also released a statement saying Timi Dakolo did not break any laws. ‘Well yeah, I brought a statement on this last year which absolves Timi of any wrong doing and we still stand by that statement.

‘Majek in the presence three or four witnesses gave us permission to negotiate that deal on his behalf. Timi Dakolo actually went through all the processes required to clear the song.

‘I don’t know what Majek’s new management is trying to achieve with these things, ‘ he said.

See documents below:

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/02/timi-dakolo-reacts-to-majek-fasheks.html

Somebody must have been asleep when this agreement was being made.

Where is Charles? He should have said something since now instead of allowing Timi do all the talking. The Charles that I know would have said something since. What is happening?
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by walcuts(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hmmmm....Case adjourned!
Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
`

7 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo Reacts To Majek Fashek's Lawsuit With Documents by lifestyle1(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
500k ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teebillz Goofs Around With His Son, Jamil (Photos, Video) / Small Doctor Endorses President Buhari, Disables Comments Shortly After / Uchenna Nnanna, Her Husband & Son In Matching Denim On Denim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.