Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Mr Eazi Releases Mixtape, Plans To Quit Music In Three Years - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mr Eazi Releases Mixtape, Plans To Quit Music In Three Years (428 Views)

Mr. Eazi Releases New EP. / Mr Eazi Releases The Music Video For The Song Supernova / Mr Eazi Releases "Accra To Lagos" Tracklist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Releases Mixtape, Plans To Quit Music In Three Years by ejovwovincent(f): 12:59am On Feb 15, 2017
Mr Eazi releases mixtape, plans to quit music in three years

In what looks like a bid to leave the stage while the ovation is loudest, Mr Eazi has professed a desire to quit music by the year 2020.

The Ghana-based artist made this pronouncement while on a Nigerian TV show called Street Hop, saying, “Sincerely, I don’t plan on doing music for more than three years further. In my mind I feel like I want to do something more like a Jay Z. The music is giving me a lot of capital which can be reinvested, the music is giving me a lot of influence, so if in the next three years, I’m able to get the numbers, you could use that to do anything else in life.

”He also said, “I am a serial entrepreneur, so I will move on to the next thing depending on what I am passionate about at the time.

”His passion has definitely seen changes over the years as he has gone from an being an Engineering graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology to a rising star on the continent signed to Wizkid’s Starboy Worldwide Label.

Mr Eazi, who was the winner of the award for The Next Rated Act at The Headies 2016, has also released his mixtape titled Life Is Eazi. Vol 1: Accra 2 Lagos. The mixtape was scheduled for release on 11 February, but has been moved forward to 10 February following over 200,000 pre-orders. The mixtape features artists and producers including Masterkraft, Legendury beatz, Del B, Maleek Berry, Dtunes, Wizkid, Olamide, Tekno and Falz.

Commenting about the origins of the mixtape, Mr Eazi said, "“Majorly the music started picking up in Accra, and then it came to London you know and I started recording a lot of music here but then it went to Nigeria, you know Nigeria, once Nigeria found Mr Eazi it was wooooo… not letting me go, so I started spending a lot of time in Lagos, started doing more gigs out there.

"Life Is Eazi. Vol 1: Accra 2 Lagos comprises eleven tracks and three bonus tracks, and is sold exclusively on Apple music.

(1) (Reply)

Free Promotions!!! Free Promotions!!!! / MUSIC: Wale Brown – Dangerous City (freestyle) / Press Release SAGE MEDIA Vs BEEMZY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.