Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerians Don't Use Cars! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerians Don't Use Cars! (1607 Views)

Super Clean New Arrival From Usa And Naija Use Cars At A Cheaper Rate / Personal Use Cars For Sale In Abuja At 290k Call 08034676519 / Clean Naija Use Cars From N350,000 To N900,000 Here In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
There is this funny story which goes around. And it is that Nigerians use cars as much as Europeans do. My experience has however been to the contrary. From what one sees in Europe, evidently Nigerians are really just starting with their numerous VW Golf I and II, little rusty mistubishis and old rugged Hondas. Can anyone also confirm this?
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
then you dont know Nigeria and Nigerians!
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by candylips(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
hmmm
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by eros(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
You need to drive round the streets of lagos and have a rethink. Nigerians don't just drive cars, we drive MACHINES. 2010 model cars are already being driven on the streets of lagos. Naija represents always. Stand up Africa for Naija. God bless NIGERIA
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
i guess he is in diaspora. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by shades: 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
@sauer, visit abuja and just drive around Maitama and Wuse 2, am sure you will delete ur post afterwards,
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by reka(m): 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
men!!me self think say 9ijas no dey use cars when i travel, but man forget 9ijas dey freaking use machines, fucking machines, heavy engines,
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by tanimz(f): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
shades:

@sauer, visit abuja and just drive around Maitama and Wuse 2, am sure you will delete your post afterwards,

Word!! Even Port-Harcourt
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
the thread heading is abit vague
Do u mean supercars like 'em lambo, carriera GT, Enzo, zonda, maclarean et al
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
even the super cars are fully loaded here. it's just days that matters. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2009
thegame:

even the super cars are fully loaded here. it's just days that matters. grin grin grin grin
for where?
do u even know how many enzo's dey dis world?
u can't just walk to buy some cars. u need to be invited.

Plus dem kinda cars don't make sense in nigeria cos of the uneven road surface
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
i guess u in diaspora also??
dont say what u dont know.
i once saw a phantom on the beach.
there are 3 lined up side by side for sale along ikeja road, a nu generation maybach in a glass.
a bentlet gt, though 2004 or 5 or therabout, overtook me with some muscle strength just abt 4 weeks ago. saw another one at briga, a slum in lagos.
go to coacharis and see 7series madly,
a phantom and a crossfire were driving together on the island like some months back,
my point is , nigerians dont care, they buy such cars, like they crazy people. they dont care how much so far people appreciate it and give them the respect that comes with driving such cars.
the list is endless mayne, dont let me start telling u al the exotic super sleek cars i ve seen on nigerian roads. even the prestigious mcclaren.no lie.
dont say what u nt sure of pls
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
c how u failed woefully, i ain't talking about luxury cars like rolls royce, maybach bla bla bla. I am talking about super-cars that are built for nothing but speed.
I have seen a clip of maclaren SLR (the $1M car) struggling to move around a neighbourhood in lag on youtube but dats about it.
If u can see clearly i haven't mentioned the normal day-to-day ferraris and neither have i mentioned you normal porsches.
We r strictly talking about the sub 0-60 in 3 secs cars

u seen a ford GT?
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
by the way, no one is failing.
and i ve seena ford gt brahhhhhhh.
and bytheway,what do u take naija boiz for?
they know nothing better than bragging mayne.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
The latest line of ford GT?
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2009
wel, that one, not really.
how many u seen drive past u wherever u are urself? grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
leave the guy - im dey beaf! I lived in London donkey years and dont see those cars he is talking about on a everyday kind of basis.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2009
thegame:

wel, that one, not really.
how many u seen drive past u wherever u are urself? grin grin grin grin
not alot cos of the area i stay @ and dats the reason why i was bent on proving my point on the rarity of dem kinda cars.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
come on mayne, that they are reat around u doesnt mean they are rear everywhere.
for instance, latest generation camry and toyotas are like the poor man's car in nigeria nowadays cos they are so common. in some settings, they are like future cars,
so , dont judge generally,
i wont be surprised if i see a bugatti on nigerian road. i swear to you. cos bliv me, nigerians are crazy about cars, a man in a one-room apartment may own an infiniti. grin grin grin grin grin grin
thats the swag
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2009
stop bringing your everyday cars into this convo.
u said bugatti? well yes u might have a crazy dude that will spend over 250 milla on a car but i can bet u won't have more than 10 in the whole of nigeria.

i am not saying nigerians can't affor them but nigeria def doesn't have the facility for dem kinda cars to be driven on so why buy it? plus dem kinda cars are not in massive production
U get ma drift
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
well, hommes, i get ur point, so try get mine too. end of discussion.lol
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
What facility do you need to drive those cars? Please state them an dlet us know where they are missing in Naija.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
an adequate even freeway dat the cars can be driven on.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by reka(m): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
but men the stuff this guys are talking about are not everyday cars over there too, In London, they dont even use cars like camry that much they use peugeot, am more so, 9ija roads no dey aight for the likes of the buggatti and what have you?, but forget that 9ijas dont use cars. Our men use cars they know that can move around here, not the ones that the centre of gravity so low that you use for few months and pack up,
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
and is not in Nigeria? Like Naija roads are kind of some premitive earth roads, right? Where do you live?

You have no point!
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
dats your opinion and u def have every right to it.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by thegame(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
jay bee, stop d argument, there are enuf roads,
and even if there are not enuf roads which are actually much, those cars come with some bad-ass shocks, thay aint normal cars, like u say.lol.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
talk like Naija roads are some shit out of the villages and some abnormally shaped acrobatic of a footpath where even the devil refuse to pass?
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by jaybee3(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
are they even roads?
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Parohfrey(f): 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
stay there and ask while the people drive their steels thru the same du ng sh it which you want us to beleive Naija roads are !

Beafing is not good, honestly, it makes your head twist go one side without you knowing it.
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by Flavio: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
. mute
Re: Nigerians Don't Use Cars! by hbrednic: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2009
jay bee:

stop bringing your everyday cars into this convo.
u said bugatti? well yes u might have a crazy dude that will spend over 250 milla on a car but i can bet u won't have more than 10 in the whole of nigeria.

i am not saying nigerians can't affor them but nigeria def doesn't have the facility for dem kinda cars to be driven on so why buy it?[b] plus dem kinda cars are not in massive production[/b]U get ma drift

the cars are not mass produced hence you dont find many in naija,
how many of them have you seen lately in the streets of england

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD>>>>>>>2007 Toyota F J Cruiser / 2006 Toyota Yaris- Lagos Cleared! For 1.5 Million Naira (Reasonably Negotiable) / Brand New 2011 Honda Pilot: Price: N10.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.