Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching (711 Views)

Toshiba Satellites C660(coi3 ) / Best Of INFINIX Hot 8 Launching, Unboxing And Price Revealed! / Fayose Own Radio Station "People's Fm" 104.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by maestro2000(m): 8:33am On Feb 15, 2017
India has created history by successfully launching 104 satellites on a single mission, overtaking the previous record of 37 satellites launched by Russia in 2014.

All but three of the satellites are from foreign countries, most of them from the United States.

The launch took place from the Sriharikota space centre in east India.

Observers say it is a sign that India is emerging as a major player in the multi-billion dollar space market.

"This is a great moment for each and every one of us. Today we have created history," project director B Jayakumar was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was among the first to congratulate the scientists tweeting, "This remarkable feat by @isro is yet another proud moment for our space scientific community and the nation. India salutes our scientists."

The phrase "world record" has also been trending on Twitter India for much of Wednesday morning.

The women scientists who took India into space

Why India's commercial space programme is thriving

Of the 104 small satellites, 96 belong to the United States while Israel, Kazakhstan, the United Arab Emirates, Switzerland and the Netherlands are the other foreign clients.

A majority of the satellites have earth-imaging capability and belong to a US company named Planet.

An Indian cartographic satellite, believed to be capable of taking high resolution images is also on board. It is expected to be used to monitor regional arch rivals Pakistan and China.

The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder in Delhi says the successful launch is yet another feather in the cap of India's ambitious space programme that has earned a reputation of offering a reliable low cost alternative to existing international players.

The Indian government has increased the budget for its space programme this year and also announced plans to send a mission to Venus.

Over the past two decades, India has become a key player in the lucrative commercial space market offering a low-cost alternative.

THE QUESTION of the day is: when is Nigeria launching its own indigenous satellite considering the fact that the ones it lay claim of currently was launched by the chinese govt ( which almost all of it is obsolete and flying freely in space )

And remember, a learned minister who was representing the government of the day once said in few years time, Nigeria will develop the art of inventing pencils when her junior, Dubai is almost launching flying taxis.
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 15, 2017
grin
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by psucc(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeria to launch? I don't think so in the next few decades.

Honestly, if we can tell ourselves the truth, this country had reached is maximum utility point and what is left is diminishing returns.

It can only start another level of growth and development if broken into units.
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by maestro2000(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2017
psucc:
Nigeria to launch? I don't think so in the next few decades.

Honestly, if we can tell ourselves the truth, this country had reached is maximum utility point and what is left is diminishing returns.

It can only start another level of growth and development if broken into units.

@PSUCC

This county has not even reached 0.05 percent of its utility point. The current crop of politicians can't get us on a right path except you and i stand up for what's rightfully ours.

Don't relent on what i said above even though its the right step to take because our parents will surely rebuke us against such actions ( families are the agents of the puppeteer ) as seen in the recent actions of tubaba
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by maestro2000(m): 9:54am On Feb 15, 2017
Jibril659:
grin

@jibril659, so the only thing you can think about contributing is a grinning green emoticon without a white. This shows the level of your patriotism and yet you go around claiming corruption is in the land.
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 15, 2017
maestro2000:

@jibril659, so the only thing you can think about contributing is a grinning green emoticon without a white. This shows the level of your patriotism and yet you go around claiming corruption is in the land.
we will get there. angry
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by maestro2000(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2017
Jibril659:
we will get there. angry

That's the problem, when are we going to get there? people like you and me will go to the mosque on Friday and church on Sunday to pray for Nigeria as if Nigeria is the seat of throne of God. You see advancing countries taking actions and working for development, but an average Nigerian is ok with Garri and sugar and yet we blame the likes of senate president who is involved in 125m naira accomodation sham and Mr yakubu who hid 9.8million dollars in an underground safe, in order to set their generations up financially and live a life of pleasure and fulfillment.

NB: My reply is not in support of this actions, but to open your eyes that if your actions will only be "we will get there" [i][/i]then don't complain and cry foul when people who wants better for themselves steal billions of naira that is meant for you and your offspring.

I know how much i work hard and suffer in order to receive 10dollars per hour inclusive of tax o and yet one man has four safes ( the only one discovered so far has approximately 10 millions dollars, so what should we be expecting from the rest).
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2017
maestro2000:

That's the problem, when are we going to get there? people like you and me will go to the mosque on Friday and church on Sunday to pray for Nigeria as if Nigeria is the seat of throne of God. You see advancing countries taking actions and working for development, but an average Nigerian is ok with Garri and sugar and yet we blame the likes of senate president who is involved in 125m naira accomodation sham and Mr yakubu who hid 9.8million dollars in an underground safe, in order to set their generations up financially and live a life of pleasure and fulfillment.

NB: My reply is not in support of this actions, but to open your eyes that if your actions will only be "we will get there" [i][/i]then don't complain and cry foul when people who wants better for themselves steal billions of naira that is meant for you and your offspring.

I know how much i work hard and suffer in order to receive 10dollars per hour inclusive of tax o and yet one man has four safes ( the only one discovered so far has approximately 10 millions dollars, so what should we be expecting from the rest).
I like your faith, you're right to hope, don't get wrong but for a country that allocates nothing to research, you shouldn't expect anything.
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by maestro2000(m): 5:44am On Feb 16, 2017
Jibril659:
I like your faith, you're right to hope, don't get wrong but for a country that allocates nothing to research, you shouldn't expect anything.

@jibril You're funny. what you said is the ultimate truth although Nigerian govt is currently billions of naira to research perfect budget padding.
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 16, 2017
maestro2000:

@jibril You're funny. what you said is the ultimate truth although Nigerian govt is currently billions of naira to research perfect budget padding.
we can only but pray we've better leaders grin
Re: India Launches Record 104 Satellites In Single Mission,when Is Nigeria Launching by seunfly: 8:02am On Feb 16, 2017
maestro2000:
India has created history by successfully launching 104 satellites on a single mission, overtaking the previous record of 37 satellites launched by Russia in 2014.

All but three of the satellites are from foreign countries, most of them from the United States.

The launch took place from the Sriharikota space centre in east India.

Observers say it is a sign that India is emerging as a major player in the multi-billion dollar space market.

"This is a great moment for each and every one of us. Today we have created history," project director B Jayakumar was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi was among the first to congratulate the scientists tweeting, "This remarkable feat by @isro is yet another proud moment for our space scientific community and the nation. India salutes our scientists."

The phrase "world record" has also been trending on Twitter India for much of Wednesday morning.

The women scientists who took India into space

Why India's commercial space programme is thriving

Of the 104 small satellites, 96 belong to the United States while Israel, Kazakhstan, the United Arab Emirates, Switzerland and the Netherlands are the other foreign clients.

A majority of the satellites have earth-imaging capability and belong to a US company named Planet.

An Indian cartographic satellite, believed to be capable of taking high resolution images is also on board. It is expected to be used to monitor regional arch rivals Pakistan and China.

The BBC's Sanjoy Majumder in Delhi says the successful launch is yet another feather in the cap of India's ambitious space programme that has earned a reputation of offering a reliable low cost alternative to existing international players.

The Indian government has increased the budget for its space programme this year and also announced plans to send a mission to Venus.

Over the past two decades, India has become a key player in the lucrative commercial space market offering a low-cost alternative.

THE QUESTION of the day is: when is Nigeria launching its own indigenous satellite considering the fact that the ones it lay claim of currently was launched by the chinese govt ( which almost all of it is obsolete and flying freely in space )

And remember, a learned minister who was representing the government of the day once said in few years time, Nigeria will develop the art of inventing pencils when her junior, Dubai is almost launching flying taxis.

Did the minister lied, what can we invent?
Did our appetite for foreign consumption encourage local creativity?
Common ban on rice importation, our people complained even many who claimed to be educated complained.
Do u want the minister to decieve us by saying we have invented launcher capable to put satellite into orbit?
Let's call a spade a spade. We are fantastically corrupt, we are technologically backward, we are educated illiterate, our elites have inferiority complex and our leaders are sick mentally while we the followers are hypocrites.

Sorry for being ash, I just need to be sincere and direct.

(1) (Reply)

S7 Gold And Black With Gear VR + Fast Charger / Brand New Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x @ 60K / HP Probook G1 11 And Lenovo X240 For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.