Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) (27184 Views)

The Best Passing Out Parade, The Corpers Killed It! (Photos, Video) / Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) / NYSC Redeploys Corps Member Assaulted By Police In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Eledan: 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
kayzat:

Most of you don't get it. They should have gone to medview office to air their grievances or protest. You don't wonder around anyhow on the tarmac.

I am very sure the security must have warned them before going physical on them.

I agree that loitering around the tarmac is wrong but then rough handling them like that and smashing their phone should not have been an option unless they constitute immediate and present danger with their presence which clearly wasn't the case.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by network22: 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
The security man nor get respect for corper

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by texazzpete(m): 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:
Many complains without understanding of the ethics of airside rules of airports
1. Your problem is with Medview airlines not security.
2. In the pic I saw 2 security outfits I.e FAAN aviation security and an airforce personal.
You can't stay on the tarmac even when wearing NYSC crested vest. Nobody is allowed to be close to the ladder when the aircraft door was closed after embarking.
It seems they are lucky the air force personal didn't interfere if not you wouldn't be posting by now and that is what would have happened if the AVSEC didn't succeed in removing you from the tarmac.
Even with your crested vest if only you are opportuned to hear the communication between the aircraft and the control tower you would be ashamed to hear the captain referring to you as Mad men grin and if need be there are snipers of airforce close by to take you down.
Being a corp member is not a licence to commit suicide

This is the only person here that has said something reasonable.

They should have gone to the medview office to complain and demand a refund and apology. But under no circumstances are you allowed to stay on the tarmac and protest. It is a grave security and safety risk.

If I were in charge, I'd have anyone protesting on the tarmac - and refusing to relocate - arrested. FAAN isn't Medview.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by kerriman: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
it is unfortunate that the situation was not well managed. Although in ur write-up you didn't tell us the Airport and you destination. You have every right to show ur displeasure because it is the Airline responsibility to airlift from ur origin to your destination and if they failed as a result of overbooking (not force majure),it is their responsibility to explain to you, pacify you,apologise to you provide alternatives for you to get to your destination if it is a regular routes if not they will transport you, accommodate you and reshedule your flight.
Then on the issue of you at the tarmac expressing ur displeasure it is not right because in line with international civil aviation organisation (ICAO) it can be regarded as obstruction,incursion,impediment,FOD to Aircraft operations.So no aviation security(Avsec) will allowed you to obstruct Aircraft operations and you can be charged .In all honesty you can request to see the Airline station Manager,NCAA consumer protection desk or FAAN service delivery desk they will addresss your issue with the airline. please sorry for what happened to you while serving your father's land,

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Arewa12: 1:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:
2. In the pic I saw 2 security outfits I.e FAAN aviation security and an airforce personal.
You can't stay on the tarmac even when wearing NYSC crested vest. Nobody is allowed to be close to the ladder when the aircraft door was closed after embarking.
It seems they are lucky the air force personal didn't interfere if not you wouldn't be posting by now and that is what would have happened if the AVSEC didn't succeed in removing you from the tarmac.
Even with your crested vest if only you are opportuned to hear the communication between the aircraft and the control tower you would be ashamed to hear the captain referring to you as Mad men grin and if need be there are snipers of airforce close by to take you down.

Re u sure u read to understnd........ Of Course dey didn't go to tarmac to stand or look @ aw a plane wud take off. The airline kept dem stranded @ the tarmac ... They overbook..First it the job of medview to apologize... If u were in their shoes am sure u wud nt be writing dis

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by kerriman: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
sorry which airport did it happened
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by kerriman: 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
which airport did it happened
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by texazzpete(m): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Eledan:

I agree that loitering around the tarmac is wrong but then rough handling them like that and smashing their phone should not have been an option unless they conditioned immediate and present danger with their presence which clearly wasn't the case.

Were you there? How do you know it 'clearly wasn't the case'?

They failed to leave the tarmac. That's a security and safety breach.

Of course I don't agree with their phone being smashed. That's wrong and the officer involved should be punished

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by aphixiano(m): 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
Sue them to court, you are sure of winning this stupid airline. He was able to book the flight and later left out because the flight is filled up already. No one can take that bullshit from anyone.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by aphixiano(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
Which medview ?if you were to be in their shoes, can you hold your cool and go to one office. Is not like they are jobless or anything, they have an appointment to meet up as well just because they are on nysc uniform doesn't make them less important to everyone else on the flight
kayzat:

Most of you don't get it. They should have gone to medview office to air their grievances or protest. You don't wonder around anyhow on the tarmac.

I am very sure the security must have warned them before going physical on them.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by abaegbelu: 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
Between both of you who is exhibiting stupidity? It is a common thing in Nigeria to misbehave because of some privilege. The corper (if he actually is one) should have left the tarmac immediately for customer service desk. period!!
metallisc:

keep your stupidity aside first.... then read and understand before you make any comments!

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by kayzat: 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
aphixiano:
Which medview ?if you were to be in their shoes, can you hold your cool and go to one office. Is not like they are jobless or anything, they have an appointment to meet up as well just because they are on nysc uniform doesn't make them less important to everyone else on the flight

But staying and protesting on the tarmac will not solve their grievances and at the end of the day they will still go that medview airline office to resolve the issue.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by metallisc(m): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
abaegbelu:
Between both of you who is exhibiting stupidity? It is a common thing in Nigeria to misbehave because of some privilege. The corper (if he actually is one) should have left the tarmac immediately for customer service desk. period!!

like i said earlier.....

keep your stupidity aside first.... then read and understand before you make any comments!
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by aphixiano(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Yeh I know, but you know is so annoying, when you pay your money for a service and they treat you like they are doing you a favour.
kayzat:

But staying and protesting on the tarmac will not solve their grievances and at the end of the day they will still go that medview airline office to resolve the issue.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by aphixiano(m): 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Don't mind him, none of them can take that bullshit and they be like hold your cool and go and complain. He paid to be on the particular flight , not like they are doing him a favor
metallisc:

like i said earlier.....

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by abaegbelu: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Medview once canceled a flight without informing some passengers (we were very few). We got to the airport and the Medview officials were insisting the flight was cancelled and we were informed. We argued till it was discovered we were right! They put us in a hotel at Ikeja (forgotten the name), they fed us dinner and breakfast before transporting us back to the airport to board the first flight. This was in early 2016.
kayzat:

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Eledan: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2017
texazzpete:

Were you there? How do you know it 'clearly wasn't the case'?

They failed to leave the tarmac. That's a security and safety breach.

Of course I don't agree with their phone being smashed. That's wrong and the officer involved should be punished

That is my final opinion too, and don't forget that I also mentioned that I don't condone any form of indiscipline in any form of UNIFORM
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Trapnews: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2017
People under-estimate corp members and forget they are explorers.... always filled with energy. Their Aluta dey fresh undecided
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by kayzat: 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
abaegbelu:
Medview once canceled a flight without informing some passengers (we were very few). We got to the airport and the Medview officials were insisting the flight was cancelled and we were informed. We argued till it was discovered we were right! They put us in a hotel at Ikeja (forgotten the name), they fed us dinner and breakfast before transporting us back to the airport to board the first flight. This was in early 2016.

Did you guys stay on the tarmac to argue Sir ? What medview did was wrong but the AVsec security is only doing his job. They should just proceed to medview office to slug it out instead of having issues with the airport security.

I am sure by now the guys must have realized their own mistakes too.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Pavarottii(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:
Go and learn how to read b4 u come here and embarass urself.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by narcdramaqueen: 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
kayzat:

Don't be ridiculous. They weren't wandering around anyhow on the tarmac. The only reason they were on the tarmac to begin with is that Medview cleared them to be there and then bleeped up.

They should go and protest in Medview office? please stop typing from countries with customer service and be serious for a moment, airlines in nigeria are mental. in november, arik air left a planeload of passengers stranded in Kaduna, they had been waiting for about 12 hours for a flight to lagos. A colleague of mine finally got to Kaduna airport on Azman at 11 PM (after being advised by Arik staff in Lagos that they probably wouldn't be flying to Kaduna that day) and was told by people there that they were still expecting the Lagos flight. Meanwhile, not a soul from Arik air was in that airport to give any information or anything to the passengers. Sometimes, if you leave that place, you're on your own.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by mvem(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2017
metallisc:

...what the guy said is right...obey b4 complain that was a tarmac for christ sake...

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:

I think u are just trying to be a busy body. read the post as many times as possible so u can understand properly. You can't just evict them in a rude manner and not provide explanations for not allowing them on the plane.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by mvem(m): 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2017
kerriman:
it is unfortunate that the situation was not well managed. Although in ur write-up you didn't tell us the Airport and you destination. You have every right to show ur displeasure because it is the Airline responsibility to airlift from ur origin to your destination and if they failed as a result of overbooking (not force majure),it is their responsibility to explain to you, pacify you,apologise to you provide alternatives for you to get to your destination if it is a regular routes if not they will transport you, accommodate you and reshedule your flight.
Then on the issue of you at the tarmac expressing ur displeasure it is not right because in line with international civil aviation organisation (ICAO) it can be regarded as obstruction,incursion,impediment,FOD to Aircraft operations.So no aviation security(Avsec) will allowed you to obstruct Aircraft operations and you can be charged .In all honesty you can request to see the Airline station Manager,NCAA consumer protection desk or FAAN service delivery desk they will addresss your issue with the airline. please sorry for what happened to you while serving your father's land,

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
texazzpete:

This is the only person here that has said something reasonable.

They should have gone to the medview office to complain and demand a refund and apology. But under no circumstances are you allowed to stay on the tarmac and protest. It is a grave security and safety risk.

If I were in charge, I'd have anyone protesting on the tarmac - and refusing to relocate - arrested. FAAN isn't Medview.

One thing we should understand is that they did not just enter the tarmac for entering sake, they were given tickets and were expecting to board the plane and they were suddenly shut out of the plane with no explanations. Anybody in that situation will naturally demand an explanation and it is the duty of the officials to calm them down and take them out of the tarmac before offering explanations and apology.

Believe me, you are not making sense right now.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
I don't think they were protesting, they only demanded an explanation
kayzat:

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by 4peace(m): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
hisMrs:

One thing we should understand is that they did not just enter the tarmac for entering sake, they were given tickets and were expecting to board the plane and they were suddenly shut out of the plane with no explanations. Anybody in that situation will naturally demand an explanation and it is the duty of the officials to calm them down and take them out of the tarmac before offering explanations and apology.

Did you watch the video?

Okay we all agree explanation needed but from who

is it from security operatives or official of the medview?
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by olusola2bello: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
As someone who has worked around airports before, let me explain... No matter who you are, you are not allowed to loiter around the tarmac... In fact, around the airport generally. The tarmac is always closely guarded by AVSEC. Thwir job is to keep people out of the tarmac as any unauthorized person is a security risk.
Even a governor needs security clearance to get to the tarmac.
Yes, you were invited to board, but the moment u were told to head back to the terminal you should have done so. My brother, people are deboarded for shouting in airplanes and arrested. You were making a scene and that my brother is reasonable cause for AVSEC to intervene.
We should stop this aluta spirit and behavior. Take your grievance to the appropriate medview office and not the tarmac or nairaland. Also, being in NYSC vest doesn't give a license to act anyhow neither does it make u immune from what the ordinary Nigerian goes through.
That said you do deserve an apology from medview airlines for bit allowing you to board.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by TFeminist(f): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ngasky:

Hmmn try getting to the airside of any airport anywhere in the world and see.
All airports worldwide are guided by ICAO charter these are rulres of ICAO.
There are places where you are only allowed to see but not recording/snap pics.
maybe there's an explanation to y it shdnt be recorded. Pls help out. Thnks
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by texazzpete(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
hisMrs:

It is the duty of Medview to apologize and make restitution to them. It is NOT the duty of the FAAN or aviation security officials to grovel before irate Medview customers.
Read the OP again. The corps member said they wanted an explantion, offers of accomodation and feeding BEFORE leaving the tarmac. Is that in the job description of the security officials?
What were they supposed to do when the corps members refused to leave the tarmac?

This is NOT rocket science. Why do you struggle to understand something as simple as this?
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by texazzpete(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
narcdramaqueen:

Don't be ridiculous. They weren't wandering around anyhow on the tarmac. The only reason they were on the tarmac to begin with is that Medview cleared them to be there and then bleeped up.

They should go and protest in Medview office? please stop typing from countries with customer service and be serious for a moment, airlines in nigeria are mental. in november, arik air left a planeload of passengers stranded in Kaduna, they had been waiting for about 12 hours for a flight to lagos. A colleague of mine finally got to Kaduna airport on Azman at 11 PM (after being advised by Arik staff in Lagos that they probably wouldn't be flying to Kaduna that day) and was told by people there that they were still expecting the Lagos flight. Meanwhile, not a soul from Arik air was in that airport to give any information or anything to the passengers. Sometimes, if you leave that place, you're on your own.

Sorry, it doesn't matter if they weren't 'wandering anyhow'. It is NOT a sane policy to leave irate people on the tarmac. It's a safety and security issue.

By all means, they should have gone to Medview office (within the premises!) to complain. If possible, stop all other booking operations etc. But to linger on the tarmac makes zero sense and in every single country in the world, security agencies WILL remove you from the tarmac.

Let me re-iterate. There is NO single first, second or third world country where security agencies will leave you to stay and complain on the tarmac.
Re: Corpers Assaulted By Medview Airline Security Operators (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
metallisc:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Spent Over N800million To Set Up The NYSC Online Registration System-nysc DG / Taraba State 2015 Batch B Meet Here / 18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.