Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Own - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Own (428 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Own by toyinaremu(f): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2017
I was at Mama Jane Arowolo's program sometimes ago, she talked about having your own spouse, not another person's but yours and then I heard more on that word 'Own' in my spirit that day.

'Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his OWN wife, and let each woman have her OWN husband.' 1Cor. 7:2 (emphasis added). The Bible said have your own which is actually one man and one woman forever in holy matrimony, no room for double here. It's not your own wives or husbands or have your own wife and side chick or your own husband with another dude! Let's get it right.

This is what I'm actually driving at; you can proudly have your own when you receive him/her from God. Why some relationships are not working well today is simply because so many are with another person' spouses probably because of impatience, self will, no knowledge about marriage or spiritual issues.

Singles, not every potential suitors is yours, not every tongue speaking, fire branded sister or brother belongs to you. That is why there is a need for prayer, waiting and hearing from God and not every spiritual gifts will blend with yours! It is good to admire a gift or gifts in someone, I mean spiritual gifts but that does not automatically turn the person to your own spouse. No matter how Spirit filled a person is, if he/she is not yours, it remains a wrong choice and won't work well.

These all boils down to one thing; don't rush! If you want your own partner, don't rush, settle your relationship with God, be prepared for him/her, celebrate your uniqueness, be purposeful, be busy, yes be busy, don't spend all the time sitting around idle waiting for your own, get busy meaningfully and godly!

God is saying if you can wait on Him and let Him lead you, you will get your OWN, though it may be looking late for someone now, but its never late for Him because He (God) wants to give you your own partner with OWN as 'Ownership With Net-worth'! The amount by which the individual's assets exceed their liabilities is considered the net worth of that person. Oh my father my God, He wants to make you the owner of a spouse with value whose inner man is exceedingly greater than the physical in whom you'll find peace and fulfillment.

Don't rush for an ownership with neck-pain but wait for an ownership with net-worth. You think you can't find one? You can! When you place your heart into the hands of God, He will place it into the hands of the right one for you to OWN.

Repost (Edited)
#WBW
Re: Own by Durhleepee(f): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
Re: Own by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
This is lovely

When it's time for me to get married I know my God will send the right person for me.

But it's not now
Re: Own by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Why not pick a partner based on shared values, compatible goals, and physical attraction? God stopped selecting spouses a long time ago.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Own by sarahade(f): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Seun:
Why not pick a partner based on shared values, compatible goals, and physical attraction? God stopped selecting spouses a long time ago.
Please tell them o. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Own by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
oilyqueen:
This is lovely

When it's time for me to get married I know my God will send the right person for me.

But it's not now

Hmmmmmmmm, someone once told me that you have no business remaining single in the next 5yrs.
Now i am beginning to believe his statement. This is the first time he's ever been proven right on you. Lol
Re: Own by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2017
Seun:

God bless you for that assertion. Christians keep believing what they want.
We that have lived through that point as christians know what works and what doesn't.
A lot of people will realise the truth when it's late.

1 Like

Re: Own by davidkingrichie(m): 1:35am On Feb 16, 2017
He that findeth a wife....., and not 'He that God picks a wife for'

1 Like

Re: Own by toyinaremu(f): 1:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmmmm.....

(1) (Reply)

Alpha And Omega / The Definition Of Christian / A Piece Of Me To Apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.