Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

H - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / H (524 Views)

Jesusjnr Is Now An A.T.H.E.I.S.T!!! / Daddy Freeze Reacts To The Statement Of RCCG Pastor That Dangote Will Not Make H / S*x in Church: Let’s Talk About ‘the H*rny Pastor’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H by Abdulgaffar22: 8:52am On Feb 16, 2017
H
Re: H by respect80(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:

According to the Muslims, Qur’an is the last and final revelation from God. They believe that Qur’an was revealed “word for word” by God to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) through Angel Gabriel. But how true is this belief hold by the Muslims? Is it not possible for anyone to write a book and then claim that it is a revelation from God? How then are we completely sure that Qur’an was truly authored and revealed by God? This is a logical question that demands a logical answer. If the Qur’an was not authored and revealed by God, then it must have been authored by someone else other than God. This is totally unavoidable since a book cannot be authored by itself. Therefore, we can get to the root of answer to this logical question-“Who is the original author of the Qur’an?”- by analyzing all the possible authors put forward by the atheists and the non Muslims to explain the origin of the book we known as Qur’an.
Many of the non-Muslims believe that Qur’an was deliberately fabricated by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Some of them proclaim that the prophet was secretly taught by one or more human teacher(s). Again, few of them believe that the prophet was a crazy and a pathological liar rather than being a deliberate liar. Yet very few among them went to an extent of saying that the book was inspired by Satan. These are the four possible alternatives that Non-Muslims usually put forward to explain the origin of the Qur’an since they insist that the book was not revealed by Almighty God. In fact, there is no any other possible alternative; all alternatives have been exhausted. Any other alternative you can think of can still be grouped under one of these four alternatives. Hence, if we are able to nullify these four possible alternatives, then all the sincere atheists, who deny the existence of God, and all the truthful believers, who are yet to become Muslims, must have no option other than to believe in Qur’an as the final word of God and then accept Islam. Now, let us analyze these possible alternatives one by one.
Is it possible that Qur’an was deliberately fabricated by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
It is a well known fact that the prophet can neither read nor write. Qur’an 29:48 says; “Neither did you (O Muhammad) read any book before this Qur’an, nor did you write any book with your right hand. In that case, indeed, the followers of falsehood might have doubted”. Now if this verse is a great lie and the prophet could read and write, then how could he have comfortably called himself illiterate and recite this very verse in the presence of his close relatives and his friends who knew him very much and also believed in him as a true prophet of God? Would a false prophet lie to his close relatives about the matter he knew they are well acquainted with? If the prophet was able to read and write, his immediate family and his close friends must have been well acquainted with this fact. Therefore, it is very unlikely that lying to them about this matter will ever come to his mind. He can lie to the strangers about this matter. But he can never fabricate such a lie in the presence of his close relatives who must have known or heard about his educational history. In fact, nobody, during the life time of the prophet, ever challenged him or disputed with him over this matter. Now, having established that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was truly an illiterate, then how could he have fabricated many verses and plagiarized the Bible and then come up with such an eloquent book like Holy Qur’an? Before he could come out with any fabricated or plagiarized verses of the Bible or chapters and then reciting them to the hearing of his companions directly from his memory, he must have written down the verses, memorized them and rehearsed the recitation many times in his private room. Yet all these activities would be very difficult, if not impossible, for an illiterate person. We have never heard it in history that an illiterate person authored a book. If it was just a few lines of words, then we might say it is possible for an illiterate person to fabricate and memorize such words. But Qur’an consists of many chapters with large number of long verses. For example, Suratul-Baqara, chapter two of the Qur’an, is made up of two hundred and eighty-six verses. For a person that can neither read nor write to plagiarize, fabricate and memorize such large number of words is impossible. Even if we assumed that it took many days for him to recite the verses little by little to the hearing of his scribes for proper documentation, there is still need for him to memorize the whole chapter later on. This is because there are many reports from the companions that the prophet used to recite this very chapter and many other chapters of Qur’an from memory while leading his followers in five daily prayers and also while observing his night prayer. All these activities are impossible for an illiterate person who has not received any divine favor from God. In fact, God mentioned this very fact as follows: Certainly, We have made this Qur’an easy on your tongue, in order that they give heed (Qur’an 44:58). Besides, during the time of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), one thousand four hundred and fifty years ago, Bible was yet to be translated into Arabic language. This very fact, coupled with his inability to read and write, completely nullify the assertion that the prophet came up with the Qur'an by plagiarizing the Bible.

Again, is it possible for the prophet to have a secret human teacher who assisted him to fabricate the Qur’an since he could neither read nor write? Even if we assume that the secret human teacher assisted him to fabricate the Qur’an, there would still need for him to read, revise and memorized the fabrications before reciting them to his companions. Again, this is impossible for an illiterate person. Furthermore, how can that teacher be kept in secret for good 23 years and remain hidden from his immediate family and companions who believed in him as a true prophet of God? Besides, all the points raised above to disprove the plausibility of the first alternative can also be leveled against this second alternative because both presumed that the author of Holy Qur’an was an impersonator and deliberate liar against God.
Is it possible that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was crazy to the extent that such craziness made him to be a pathological liar against God rather than being a deliberate liar against Him? Before that craziness would become manifest to the extent of causing him to impersonate God and boldly lying against Him, it must have been detected and reported by his immediate family, and there would be no way to believe him as true prophet of God. Even if we assume that his immediate family managed to hide the secret from the public, there is no way for such craziness to escape the notice of the companions of the prophet who always stayed with him and believed in him as a true prophet of God to the extent of dying as a martyr in the battle field. Besides, how can a crazy author come up with such a clear and meaningful book like Qur’an?
Finally, is it possible that Qur’an was inspired by Satan? This is the most illogical and weakest of all the possible alternatives. In fact, a single verse from the Qur’an is enough to destroy this baseless assertion. Qur’an 16:98 declares as follows: When you want to recite the Qur’an, seek God’s protection from Satan the accursed one. How could Satan gives a command that before reading his book you must first of all seek refuge and protection with God against him? Does this make any sense to you? Furthermore, we read in the Qur’an as follows; it is not the devils that have brought it (the Qur’an) down. It would neither suit them nor would they be able to produce it. Verily, they have been removed far from (even a chance of) hearing it. So invoke not with God another god lest you be among those who will receive punishment (Qur’an 26:210-213). If the devils are the author of Qur’an as some people proclaimed, then how would the devils feel comfortable to say that revelation of such a book like Qur’an does not suit and befit them? Again, if Satan is the leader of all the devils, then how would devils feel comfortable to say that anybody who wants to read their book should first of all seek God’s protection against their leader, the accursed one (Qur’an 16:98)? Which of the devil’s aim would be achieved by so strongly condemning and sabotaging their leader? If it is agreed that Satan is evil and promote disobedience to God’s commandment, whereas Qur’an is full of warning against idolatry and all other evil practices, how can the two be reconciled? How could Satan have enticed and misled a person to guide the idol-worshippers in the ancient Mecca to the idea of believing in one God and all biblical prophets including Jesus Christ? To hold such a view is repugnant to reason, as Satan would only have undermined himself and his objectives by furthering the cause of God. Even the Bible attests to this fact: And if Satan has risen up against himself and his divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end (Mark 3:26).

Since all the four possible alternatives put forward by the non-Muslims to explain the origin of Qur’an are unacceptable to reason, therefore God must exist and Qur’an still maintain its identity as being the word of God, the creator of the heaven and the earth
If God would allow a liar to impersonate Him, then He should have clearly informed us in the Bible just like Jesus informed us about his own impersonation: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying ‘ I am the Christ’, and will deceive many(Matthew 24:4-5)”.See how Jesus declared in an unambiguous terms that many liars would impersonate him. This is even enough to prove that we cannot have 100% assurance over all the words attributed to Jesus in the books of the New Testament. But you can never find a single biblical verse where God informed us that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. If God of truth and wisdom would also allow a liar to impersonate Him, He should also have informed us in a very precise term just like Jesus did. But instead of pre-informing us about His impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth; I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart; How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22). Base on these very verses, what then can we say about the Qur’an whose author spoke in the name of the Lord of Israel. For example we read in the Qur’an as follows: “O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41). Are we going to accept it as the word of the Lord of Israel or reject it as the word of a great impersonator? In the verses of the Bible underlined just above, the only acid test put forward by God to distinguish His actual word from the word of His impersonator is that the word of such impersonator would not come to pass or come true. But unfortunately for the Jews and the Christians, Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true. For example, one of the great prophecies is that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be victorious over his enemies (Qur’an 58:20-21). Another prophecy is that Islam will be established and continue to spread, and the number of Muslims will continue to grow (Qur’an 24:55, 110:1-2, 48:28). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be protected from destruction and corruption (Qur’an 15:9). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be made easy for memorization (Qur’an 54:17, 22, 40). Another prophecy is that people will continue to pay visitation to the house of God in Mecca (Qur’an 22:26-28, 2:125). All these prophecies are known to be true. If they were not true, we would not have a religion known as Islam and we would not have a book known as Qur’an in the world of today. All these prophecies are general ones known to all. However, there are some special miraculous prophecies in the Qur’an that God bestows upon whomsoever He wills among His servants. In fact, it happened that I personally experienced one of these miraculous prophecies; for whosoever care to believe me. I swear by God that this incident happened to me many years before I later discovered that Qur’an specifically made mention of it in a very clear and definite terms. As a matter of fact, it was among so many things that motivated me to write this very write-up. As usual, I was just reciting the Qur’an on that fateful day. When I got to a verse which I could not vividly remember, suddenly, my body began to be shaking. This act of shaking, which lasted for almost a minute, was so strong to the extent that the Qur’an I was holding fell out of my hand. When this act of shaking stopped, my heart began to beat faster and all my skin felt cool. It was after many years, when I was reading the translated Qur’an that I came across the verse that read thus; God has sent down the best statement, a book that its parts resemble each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of God. That is the guidance of God. He guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever God sends astray, for him there is no guide (Qur’an 39:23). In fact, I could not believe my two eyes when I saw this verse. I was so happy but at the same time, I wanted to be sure that the word translated as “shiver” in the English translation of Holy Qur’an actually corresponds to the original Arabic word. This Arabic word is “taqsha’irru. So I quickly searched for Arabic-English dictionary and I later discover that the word can be translated as “shake or shiver or tremble or quake”. This is how that very incident strengthens my faith in Holy Qur’an as the word of God. My faith still increases further when I came across another verse which says; We will show them Our signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this Qur’an is the truth (Qur’an 41:53). Therefore, according to those verses in the book of Deuteronomy quoted above, Qur’an is the last and final word of God because of its speaking in the name of God and the fulfillment of its general and special miraculous prophecies. But If you think that I am only lying about my own personal experience I narrated above and that the author of Qur’an was only impersonating God, then wait for the day you are going to die and meet the reality of this very verse; And whoever will not listen to my words that the prophet shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account (Deuteronomy 18:19). Does this not terrify you? God Almighty is threatening to call you to account if you did not listen to His word; yet you feel relax and you think there is no problem despite the overwhelming evidence put forward above to prove that Qur’an must be authored by God. If it was according to the divine plan that the author of Qur’an would be a great impersonator of God, then Bible should be full of warning and information about this impersonator. But instead of warning us and pre-informing us about the so-called liar that is going to impersonate Him just like Jesus talked about his own impersonators in Matthew 24:4-5 (quoted above), God only demonstrated to us through His dealing with Hananiah (the false prophet who spoke in the name of God in the Bible) that He would never allow such a thing to happen for a long time; Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, ‘Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore this what the Lord says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the Lord. In the seventh month of that same year, Hananiah the prophet died (Jeremiah 28:15-17). Therefore, if God did not even allow Hananiah to live for just a year, then how could he have allowed the supposed author of Qur’an to impersonate Him for good 23 years? This is indeed a food for thought for the sincere Jews and Christians who truly believe in the existence of God!

Why stir up argument when you are not ready to justify your claims? you haven't responded to your last quote on this topic yet you find it to comfortable to repost the thread
Re: H by kabrud: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2017
May The Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.
Re: H by kabrud: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2017
respect80:

[s]Why stir up argument when you are not ready to justify your claims? you haven't responded to your last quote on this topic yet you find it to comfortable to repost the thread[/s]
Re: H by respect80(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2017
kabrud:

I wonder if this is the best you can do or you felt you got it right so there wouldn't be any possible response to your post.
grin
Re: H by Abdulgaffar22: 10:02am On Feb 16, 2017
Pls be aware that l am not posting my write up for the sake of argument. If you take your time to read carefully, you will get my point and you will believe that Qur'an is the word of God and then you will accept Islam.
Re: H by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2017
As a Christian i dont care about whether ur quran came from d abysa or pit of hell. I mind my own business ans u wont see me trying to justify my religion in d sight of Muslims because I DONT CARE. I Wonder wen imams will learn how to deliver a two hour message without mentioning christianity.
Busy bodies

1 Like

Re: H by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 16, 2017
damagepbuh:
As a Christian i dont care about whether ur quran came from d abysa or pit of hell. I mind my own business ans u wont see me trying to justify my religion in d sight of Muslims because I DONT CARE. I Wonder wen imams will learn how to deliver a two hour message without mentioning christianity.
Busy bodies
the fact that they post freely in this section when christians are not allowed in their section is already annoying enough.

They are now also acting arrogant and pompous on top of everything.
No be only you didnt post it for the sake of argument. You think you can just post confusing shyte about your religion and people will swallow hook line and sinker without asking questions abi?

(1) (Reply)

Selling Soul To Satan Is It Real / Suleman Vs Otobo, Ibiyeomie Vs Kemi: The Hypocrites Of Christians / See What We Should Do For Atheist Or Agnost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.