Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate (1130 Views)

Complete Full Set Of Chair For Sale At Affordable Rate In Ibadan. / Study Engineering In China At An Affordable Rate. / Now Glutathione. Prevents Oxidative Stress, Beautifies Skin, Nails & Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
Glutathione is produced by every cell of the body, with especially high levels in the liver.* Glutathione is critical for healthy immune system function and is necessary for proper detoxification processes.* It also plays a critical role in the body's defense system against oxidative stress by directly neutralizing free radicals, as well as by maintaining the activity of vitamins C and E.* Milk Thistle Extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid are included as complementary ingredients.

Order yours today, our prices are friendly compared to to others.

Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by simiolu1(m): 9:22am On Feb 17, 2017
I went to a dinner last December and someone came to advertise this "miracle" molecule. As a sharp guy, I went online and did some reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione#Bioavailability

The above link says

Bioavailability
Glutathione is only to a small extent bioavailable to humans; the human body is capable of maintaining a consistent level of GSH. Oral introduction of GSH into the body is, in fact, scarcely effective to increase its plasma and/or intracellular concentration.

To those that will still patronize, all the best.

Sorry if I "spoil" market o; I just don't like people being deceived
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by Appliedmaths(m): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2017
simiolu1:
I went to a dinner last December and someone came to advertise this "miracle" molecule. As a sharp guy, I went online and did some reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione#Bioavailability

The above link says

Bioavailability
Glutathione is only to a small extent bioavailable to humans; the human body is capable of maintaining a consistent level of GSH. Oral introduction of GSH into the body is, in fact, scarcely effective to increase its plasma and/or intracellular concentration.

To those that will still patronize, all the best.

Sorry if I "spoil" market o; I just don't like people being deceived

Before the OP comes to defend himself, Mr man please enlighten us further. Are you saying its not needed or the other functions of the supplement isnt true or what,pls enlighten us. How are we being deceived?
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by simiolu1(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2017
Appliedmaths:

Before the OP comes to defend himself, Mr man please enlighten us further. Are you saying its not needed or the other functions of the supplement isnt true or what,pls enlighten us. How are we being deceived?

I am not a Dr. (even though I once wanted to be one) but can fairly understand medical lingo.

The molecule is indeed very powerful and does a lot for the body. But pharmaceutical companies want to sell drugs at really exorbitant prices (in order to make a shitload of money) and therefore skew information to motivate people to buy the drugs and supplements. To read more about this, you can Google criticisms of the American pharmaceutical industry.

But what a lot of Medical practitioners have agreed on over the last few years is that oral introduction of GSH into the body (especially via the mouth) does little to increase the availability of GSH in the human system because the molecule is usually broken down in the mouth before it even gets into the blood stream.

According to https://examine.com/supplements/glutathione/

Glutathione is an antioxidant used by every cell and tissue in the body. Although critical for a number of processes, it has limited use as dietary supplement due to rapid breakdown during oral ingestion. Its metabolite, L-cysteine, can increase glutathione in the body but consuming L-cysteine via glutathione is inefficient and costly.

The page also goes on to say in effect, glutathione is an indirect and expensive way to provide dietary L-cysteine.

Another link http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50746 has this to say.

How Should Glutathione Be Taken?

Glutathione is probably not well absorbed into the body when taken by mouth. One way to get around that is to take it by vein. A more practical solution is to take the precursors -- that is, the molecules the body needs to make glutathione -- rather than glutathione itself. While there is no solid proof this works, the consensus among experts is that that doing so will increase the amount of glutathione in the cells.

This page https://draxe.com/glutathione/ contains information on natural ways to boost GSH in the body (see the attached image).

Pharma companies want to make money. I won't be surprised if the drug the Op is marketing is produced by an American or Indian pharma coy. But I want to guess it's Indian because according to the Op "our prices are friendly compared to others."

N.B: American drugs are the most expensive in the world and that's one of the reasons why the American healthcare system is the most expensive in the world.

1 Like

Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
simiolu1:

I am not a Dr. (even though I once wanted to be one) but can fairly understand medical lingo.

The molecule is indeed very powerful and does a lot for the body. But pharmaceutical companies want to sell drugs at really exorbitant prices (in order to make a shitload of money) and therefore skew information to motivate people to buy the drugs and supplements. To read more about this, you can Google criticisms of the American pharmaceutical industry.

But what a lot of Medical practitioners have agreed on over the last few years is that oral introduction of GSH into the body (especially via the mouth) does little to increase the availability of GSH in the human system because the molecule is usually broken down in the mouth before it even gets into the blood stream.

According to https://examine.com/supplements/glutathione/

Glutathione is an antioxidant used by every cell and tissue in the body. Although critical for a number of processes, it has limited use as dietary supplement due to rapid breakdown during oral ingestion. Its metabolite, L-cysteine, can increase glutathione in the body but consuming L-cysteine via glutathione is inefficient and costly.

The page also goes on to say in effect, glutathione is an indirect and expensive way to provide dietary L-cysteine.

Another link http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50746 has this to say.

How Should Glutathione Be Taken?

Glutathione is probably not well absorbed into the body when taken by mouth. One way to get around that is to take it by vein. A more practical solution is to take the precursors -- that is, the molecules the body needs to make glutathione -- rather than glutathione itself. While there is no solid proof this works, the consensus among experts is that that doing so will increase the amount of glutathione in the cells.

This page https://draxe.com/glutathione/ contains information on natural ways to boost GSH in the body (see the attached image).

Pharma companies want to make money. I won't be surprised if the drug the Op is marketing is produced by an American or Indian pharma coy. But I want to guess it's Indian because according to the Op "our prices are friendly compared to others."

N.B: American drugs are the most expensive in the world and that's one of the reasons why the American healthcare system is the most expensive in the world.

Hello Simiolu1

I appreciate the kind of person who always reads up and expands their knowledge. First I want to clarify that NOW is an American company and our price is reasonable compared to other companies who sells this same brand. I am a pharmacist by profession so I am aware of the study you are talking about but that is an old study so I ll put a link to a more recent study that shows that the invivo (in the body) results are different from the invitro (test tube) results.

http://glutathionepathway.com/news-study-gsh-bioavailability/

This showed that it remains intact in the body and our body enjoys the benefits in fact glutathione is popular for the fact that it also brightens the skin... And this fact is not just a study it is something that we have witnessed. I am also not worried about "market spoiling " lol... Quite a lot of people already know that glutathione especially this brand is very effective so it is not a new ground.... like I said earlier I appreciate your contribution. Have a lovely day.
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by simiolu1(m): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Salvere:

Hello Simiolu1

I appreciate the kind of person who always reads up and expands their knowledge. First I want to clarify that NOW is an American company and our price is reasonable compared to other companies who sells this same brand. I am a pharmacist by profession so I am aware of the study you are talking about but that is an old study so I ll put a link to a more recent study that shows that the invivo (in the body) results are different from the invitro (test tube) results.

http://glutathionepathway.com/news-study-gsh-bioavailability/

This showed that it remains intact in the body and our body enjoys the benefits in fact glutathione is popular for the fact that it also brightens the skin... And this fact is not just a study it is something that we have witnessed. I am also not worried about "market spoiling " lol... Quite a lot of people already know that glutathione especially this brand is very effective so it is not a new ground.... like I said earlier I appreciate your contribution. Have a lovely day.

Thank you for your informed response; I appreciate it. However, I assumed that the product was probably going to be Indian and clearly stated that it was an assumption. Secondly, my judgement was based on the previous knowledge which I had; an update to that knowledge shows that oral ingestion of GSH work. I also discovered other research papers that talked about the subject. Truly, learning is a non-stop process especially in science.

Nonetheless, all this does not change the fact that glutathione is not a must have supplement. What the results of the researches just show is that GSH supplements are not the waste of money previous studies suggested they were.

Thank you.
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by Appliedmaths(m): 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
The reason I'm interested in this topic is simply because I also worknin a pharmaceutical coy and Glutathione is a fast supplement with wonderful feedbacks form my customers. So I was surprised with all the things said here by you Mr simiolu1.

http://www.iherb.com/r/now-foods-glutathione-500-mg-60-veggie-caps/12678/?p=1

If you say a product is not needed because we can get the components of the product from various sources then I beg to differ bro! Every product is unique in its own way. Because we can get vit c from oranges doesn't mean we should avoid vit c drugs or supplements my 2 cents though!

And no I'm not a Pharmacist, just the guy that runs the day to day Operations in a Pharmaceutical coy.
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by simiolu1(m): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2017
Appliedmaths:
The reason I'm interested in this topic is simply because I also worknin a pharmaceutical coy and Glutathione is a fast supplement with wonderful feedbacks form my customers. So I was surprised with all the things said here by you Mr simiolu1.

http://www.iherb.com/r/now-foods-glutathione-500-mg-60-veggie-caps/12678/?p=1

If you say a product is not needed because we can get the components of the product from various sources then I beg to differ bro! Every product is unique in its own way. Because we can get vit c from oranges doesn't mean we should avoid vit c drugs or supplements my 2 cents though!

And no I'm not a Pharmacist, just the guy that runs the day to day Operations in a Pharmaceutical coy.

There is a difference between saying something is not needed and saying something is not a must have.

A car is needed, a Rolls Royce or Buggati is not a must-have.

I hope you now understand
Re: Get Now Glutathione @ An Affordable Rate by Appliedmaths(m): 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
simiolu1:

There is a difference between saying something is not needed and saying something is not a must have.

A car is needed, a Rolls Royce or Buggati is not a must-have.

I hope you now understand

Fair enough! Different Preference for different people. That's what I've come to discover in the pharmaceutical business so far. Some of my customers would never buy Nigerian products, they'll rather buy imported piriton syrup for about 4k than buy 9ja own of 600.

I get your point though,but it takes one in the business to know what's up.
MACA and glutathione are amongst the fast selling supplements in pharmaceutical companies.
All the same everyone gave a clear view on their claims. Learnt few things also.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Man With Swollen Private Region,allegedly Poisoned(viewer Discretion / Phobiaholic! See The 15 Most Common Phobias That Torment People / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria (forbes List, 2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.