Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade (771 Views)

Kiddwaya Wearing His Shorts Under The Duvet After Spending The Night With Erica / Ka3na Stylishly Used Her Leg To Drag Her Shorts After Sex Romp With Praise / FALZ New Money... Best Nollywood Movie Of 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
So… for our top 5 Nollywood shorts of the decade, I decided to start with this ‘cause the shorts I’m talking about that’ll make my top 5 were those Nollywood shorts I loved and still loves more than so many Nollywood features, for who doesn’t understand what I meant by short, I really meant short films. You know the first time I heard about short films made by Nigerian was when I realized how uninteresting our 90+ mins feature films was, and I was like; what kind of story will they be telling in just a few minutes to make the so call short film interesting. Not until I saw one and was wowed away by the piece, that was when I started watching a lot of Nollywood shorts, we all know that like 99% of them are free, and they can be found on youtube. So for my top 5 Nollywood shorts of the decade, that is short film shot between 2007 to 2017, there are so many of them, but these five are a must watch, if you haven’t seen any of them just try to see them, if they are not as interesting as I say it is, take your time and return back to the blog and come explain to me how my papa take be man… (lol)

SO OUR TOP…

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
5) ROOM 315 Directed by Niyi Akinmolayan
You know if I’m to be sentimental here, I’ll definitely choose this short as my number one, ‘cause I followed it from the start to the end - how do I mean? Niyi Akinmolayan became my facebook’s friend in 2015, and in 2016 he decided to start his blog, and we (his facebook friends), who are movie enthusiasts and aspiring filmmakers liked him for that, and before we can spell his name, he gave us writers an opportunity to write a ten paged script, 125 writers submitted including me, 20 made it as the best writers (excluding me) and Abosi Ogba won as the best writer and Room 315 was born.

Room 315 had a short lived plagiarized controversy with one web series titled Room 313, but Niyi said the truth by saying in his own word that it is not plagiarism but a creative coincident.

Shot in 2016 and the plotline revolves around five characters, a therapist, a mother, a numb father, a reverend and a young girl.

Watch @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu1ejoxUIj4

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
4) THE DAY THEY CAME Directed by Genesis Williams
After this you guys might say I’m being sentimental, why? Genesis Williams was once a student of Niyi, now you know what I meant. After seeing this short on nairaland forum in 2013, I was really wow, and wanted to hug Genesis for sharing this piece. The short was a zero budget short, but Genesis added that the only thing that was bought were the cigarette used in the movie.

The animation in the movie was done by another Niyi’s student and one of the best animators in Nollywood who has two animated shorts to his credit.

Shot in 2013 and the plotline revolves around one character and CGIs.

Watch @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKwKJtezU0

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
3) BLINK Directed by Tolu Ajayi
Blink - blink - blink, what more can I say, this film really got me big time, when I heard that this film is a horror I doubted that the film will wow me, but after seeing it, truthfully, I was wowed. The underwater scene, car crash etc and the most important thing in movies, storyline, all was great.

This was Deyemi’s first flick I saw, and my love for the actor rose quicker than BP.

Shot in 2013 and plotline revolves around four characters, a man, a wife, a nurse and a doctor.

Watch @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Ichw5xq44

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
2) ENITAN Directed by Ishaya Bako
If you’ve never seen this short better do see it, crafted from homevida short film script contest which Chris Odeh won. After watching this movie I was like the ezeamaka sisters aren’t my best Nollywood child actors of all time, this girl who I don’t even know her real name that play the title character was great+awesome put together, I know some of you will be like: wetin she act self, without knowing how challenging that kind of role is, I must tell us that such roles are tough, playing a disoriented character which will like put a question into your mouth like: you sure say this girl’s character no dey close to her character in real life, apart from being dyslexic?

Shot in 2011 and the plotline revolves around a young girl, a woman and a father.

Watch @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_5-K85Z7k

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
1) THE ENCOUNTER Directed by Tolu Ajayi
(Laughs) Our number one, no my number one, I’ve seen short films, Nollywood short films but never seen a short like this one, this is me “Nolly Boyy” confessing. The funny part about this short in my life is, I first saw this movie in November and since then I’ve been wondering how a Nollywood short will be this good. Talking of ‘good’, this short is currently competing with feature films at the prestigious AMVCA in best actor and best original score category being the first short to compete with feature film actors. When I first heard that it was Greg that played the Late Col. Ojukwu in the movie, I was like what is this ‘Stupid Movie’ character doing playing the legendary Ojukwu, but it was after I saw the movie that I know that Mr Greg didn’t just play the character, he became the character.

Shot in 2016 and the plotline revolves around a colonel, a prisoner and a lieutenant.

Watch @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GQYfCJjUCA

Re: Top 5 Best Nollywood Shorts Of The Decade by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re7zy6XEaiQ

SOME RECOMMENDABLE SHORTS TO WATCH

(1) (Reply)

Guyz See This ..2017 Gym Sex / Big Brother Naija Eviction Night: Eviction Hammer Lands On Thin Tall Tony / #bbnaija: Kcee, Emoney To Give Out Free Recharge To Vote For Efe On IG & Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.