Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response (518 Views)

Top 5 Awesome Tech Products That Died In 2018 / Why Is There No Video From The Sessions Of Google CEO In Lagos? / 7-year-old Gets Response From Google’s CEO After Writing To Him Seeking a Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response by daremiarchs(m): 10:56am On Feb 17, 2017
In a ridiculously lovely story that is sweeping the Internet today, a 7-year-old girl from Hereford, UK, sent a handwritten letter to the “Google boss” expressing her interest in working for the tech giant, and amazingly received a letter back from Google CEO Sundar Pichai, himself.

According to Business Insider, Chloe Bridgewater decided to write the prospective job application after discussing jobs with her father. When he told her about the world-famous perks of working for Google, including “sitting on bean bags” and “going down slides”, she decided to apply.

“My name is Chloe and when I am bigger I would like a job with Google,” she began. But like any sensible 7-year-old, she is keeping her options open, adding: “I also want to work in a chocolate factory and do swimming in the Olympics.”

She went on to describe how she likes computers and plays games on her tablet, also outlining her skills in spelling, reading, and sums. She also explained that her dad told her “If I carry on being good and learning then one day I will be able to have a job at Google,” and that even though she didn’t know what an applications was, “a letter would do for now.”

Amazingly, a few days later she received a reply, signed by “Google boss” himself, Mr Pichai. In his letter, he told her: “I am glad you like computers and robots, and hope that you will continue to learn about technology.” His message was incredibly positive, telling her “I think if you keep working hard and following your dreams you can accomplish everything you set your mind to – from working at Google to swimming in the Olympics.”

And it wasn’t even a job rejection, either, as he finished with “I look forward to receiving your application when you are finished with school smiley

Proud father Andy Bridgewater has been sharing the letters (which Google has verified were indeed received and sent) on LinkedIn and Twitter. He even wants to brush up on his own technical skills, telling Business Insider: "Sadly, I think I've got to up my game."

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/7yearold-girls-awesome-letter-to-google-ceo-elicits-response-keep-following-your-dreams/

1 Share

Re: 7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response by daremiarchs(m): 10:58am On Feb 17, 2017

Re: 7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response by daremiarchs(m): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2017

Re: 7-year-old Girl’s Awesome Letter To Google CEO Gets Elicits Response by kllinxman(m): 11:27am On Feb 17, 2017
Trying to lead ma lil sis that same path, after making her watch some high tech movies and one in particular 'Echelon Conspiracy'...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

China Plans Its First “forest City” To Fight Air Pollution / Nairaland Can't Answer Your Questions, Friendosphere Can. Clear Your Doubts Now! / Solar Renewable Energy Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.