Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

US Doctors Saves 29-year-old Nigerian Woman From Loosing One Of Her Legs (photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Doctors Saves 29-year-old Nigerian Woman From Loosing One Of Her Legs (photos (547 Views)

29-Year-Old Banker Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Yobe / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / See Why Babies Should Sleep In Parents’ Room First Year: US Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Doctors Saves 29-year-old Nigerian Woman From Loosing One Of Her Legs (photos by Rukkydelta(f): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
Doctor at the West Kendall Baptist Hospital in South Florida, Miami, USA, were able to save a 29-year-old Nigerian woman, Nidi Ojobo, from losing one of her legs.

On Wednesday afternoon, January 15, Nidi Ojobo got a standing ovation from the medical team, as she was now walking on her own after an injury in Nigeria that had doctors recommending amputation of one of her legs.

Before she came to Miami in 2015, she had already undergone multiple surgeries in multiple continents with each doctor telling her amputation was the best option for living a normal life.

However, Ojobo wouldn’t accept that, saying: “Everywhere I was going to, they were telling me they had to amputate the leg. I just want to say how grateful I am. I will never forget them in my life. I don’t know how to pay them back.”

Surrounded by her doctor and physical therapist, Dr Charles Jordon (Orthopedic surgeon), who disclosed that Ojobo was overcome with emotion knowing the months of hard work paid off.

He said: “When patients are motivated and work hard, they can overcome any odds. We actually had a long talk. Multiple times, she came into my office. Two or three times, and we spent at least an hour each time just talking about how hard it would be to even attempt to do this without knowing if it was going to work. Things like this, events like this are just a testament to the team we have here, how hard everyone works, to make people get better.”

Ojobo’s physical therapist, Janet Acosta also said that: “She had a metal frame around her leg, she barely walked with crutches. She went from almost crying every session that she would come in, not wanting me to touch her leg, to slowly walking. I am very happy with her progress. I’m proud that we were able to help her, and she’s going to be able to lead a normal life.”

Ojobo said she will head back to Nigeria, where she’s aspiring to become a hair dresser.

Source:
https://gossip.naij.com/1088817-us-doctors-saves-29-year-nigerian-woman-loosing-legs-photos.html

Re: US Doctors Saves 29-year-old Nigerian Woman From Loosing One Of Her Legs (photos by Rukkydelta(f): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2017
P

(1) (Reply)

Buy Prosacea Rosacea Treatment From Micostarmall / Solution To Infections / Beyang H7 Vapor Pen Coming With Jump LED Lighting Is Similar To Suona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.