Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Diary Of A Thief - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Diary Of A Thief (567 Views)

"Millipedes Sent To A Thief's House In Uyo Using Juju" (Photos) / MOCPED Students Feed A Thief Before Flogging Him Thoroughly / Man falsely accused of being a thief burnt to death in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of A Thief by Edoboyys(f): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
My name is victor, I'm 22 years old.

This is a summary of my life, and what stealing has done to me.
I was born into a separated home, mum was a petty trader before she died, and dad was a junior non-academic staff in one of the county's polytechnic.

I am a very smart and intelligent young man who always excelled in all level of school examination. In fact, I graduated with an upper credit 3.36 in electrical engineering 2016.
Unlike every other person, there was a big difference between being intelligent and being industrious in my case.

I started stealing since I was born. From the little mummy's 5# which I tot meant nothing since it was just from my mum, but that got me to where I am today.

I always consider myself as a good boy that meant no harm all through my primary and secondary school because the people I steal from , or the things I stole then, didn't call for much alarm cos they were minor things, until I gained admission into the higher institution.
I specialized in stealing mobile phones from my fellow students and selling them for almost 75% less the worth of the fone to my dealer.
But this never meant anything to me until i stole my own girlfriends phone when I went to visit her and met her sleeping. And that was when I became scared of my capabilities.

I am a very hardworking young man but brokeness was always my case, and whenever this occur, the school hostel suffers........since I live off campus hostel, there was no trace.
I never go to the boys hostel cos guys are very smart. Before u make a move, you will be struck with the " who you dey find" question and that is a very big disappointment for thieves.as in unarmed thieves.
Unlike guys, the female students will never ask this question unless the particular hostel was recently visited. Only God knows why.

In my school, every campus hostel has 3 students in a room, so they hardly lock their rooms when going out cos of their roomates, instead they prefer to just cross the padlock without locking it properly. I observed this and I used it severely against them.
The hostel visiting hours was between 6pm to 8pm daily xcept weekends and public holidays.

Once its time for visiting, I'll walk into the female hostel as though I'm looking for somebody just to check for vulnerable doors. Even if a door is hooked, I'll still knock before sneaking in, just to be sure there's nobody in the room. If someone should come out, then quickly mention a strange name and ask if there is any one like that in the room...sometimes, coincidence happens, then I'll quickly say I guess am in the wrong hostel.

I continued with this method and succeeded in stealing countless phones of different specifications and brands including laptops. And I thought that was all there is.

This method was blocked the day I invevitably miscalculated. ....one of the female hostelite walked into room when i was still operating and met me packaging her roommates laptop inside her own bag(yawa) but I managed to escape through the back door after locking her inside the room.
That was the day the entire hostelite knew that there was no internal thief as they always suspected, but instead, they have been the victim of an alien thief who is not even a female(ironic).

As much as I always fear for myself because of the various degree of curses i do receive in every inbox of a victims phone i stole, it was very difficult for me to listen to the warning of the little remaining conscience in me because i was already seeing it as a source of income. (I pray I could).

But my greatest fear was becoming an armed robber who steals with guns, as I could not predict the extent all these curses can go.
Each time I see a mad man on the street, my heart do skips because that was the average content of all the messages I do receive from owners of the phones I stole before I market them to my dealer. This is another fear I have.

After my former method was jeopardized, every student started locking their doors. This single decision and action by the students, landed me in the state I am today (even if it was what I created).....to be continued.......

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Violence: Liberian Pastor Leaves His Wife With A Bad Gash On Her Face / Cultists Allegedly Murder Youth Corper Serving In Bayelsa / My Experience With Land Grabbers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.