Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu (13969 Views)

Vigilante Group Arrests 3 Suspected Kidnappers Along Lokoja-Abuja Road (photos) / Driver Trying To Catapult FRSC Official In Lagos (Photos) / ATM Analyst Connived With Fraudsters To Steal Over N20m From Customers(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by dainformant(m): 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
The men who kidnapped one Ejiofor Enechi, the special assistant on security matters to Uzouwani Local Government Area of Enugu last year have been apprehended. The suspects who have admitted to the crime -revealed how they worked with a vigilante group in the kidnap of the victim.

Read the press release below;

On 13th December 2016 at about 9am, one Ejiofor Enechi the special assistant on security matters to Uzouwani Local Government Area of Enugu Coalcity state was allegedly abducted at Ugwuiyi Ekoro along Opanda /Adani road of Uzouwani Local Government Area on his way to Nimbo to carry out his assignment.

It was also gathered that following his alleged kidnap and the subsequent demand of ransom of 10 million Naira on 14/12/16 by his suspected abductors which was later reduced to the sum of 2million Naira, police operatives of Enugu state command stood tall in this regard and arresting two suspects who played major role in the dastardly act while investigations and manhunt is still intensified on the rest fleeing suspects and on the position of the suspects hitherto.

However suspects Asogwa Thankgod on white T shirt and Akakwu Chizoba Collins on red singlet are helping the operatives in their investigations as they have made linking revelations on how they worked in synergy with group of ODAH Nimbo outlawed/self constituted vigilante group to unleash mayhem and to kidnap Ejiofo Enechi. One of the Suspects Akakwu Chizoba Collins has this to say: I got involved into this mess because of bad company. I never knew that I will become part of this ugly story/incident.

I am here with the police because of the kidnap case of Ejiofor Enechi. Sometime in the month of December 2016, my friend Thankgod Asogwa came to me and lured me to a nearby bush with a story that he has a timber for sale and on our arrival at the place, I saw myself being surrounded by heavily armed vigilante men of Odah Nimbo in their large numbers and there and then, I was lied down and their officer in charge of torture was directed to deal with me together with my friend ThankGod who also assisted the group. I was later tied at one shrine tree with some of their group members monitoring me having collected my nokia Torch light phone containing my sim card. As I was tied at the tree under monitoring, they group commenced their discussions on how Enechi Ejiofor should be abducted and before then, the group have directed ThankGod on what we should come with after this time for my initiations which includes Tubers of yam, five kolanuts and and gallon of palmwine but insisted that I will have to be with them until the job of Kidnap of Ejiofor Enechi is concluded.

Shortly, Thankgod and the other group left to go and monitor Enechi Ejiofors movement and also get him while I was still being tied.Based on this, ThankGod and others left and came back later to report to the other group already with me at the shrine that they have successfully kidnapped Ejiofo Enechi. I was later asked to go in the night of that fateful day but they collected my sim card and gave me back my phone and with a directive that Thank God must bring me subsequently for initiation and oath taking not to reveal anything seen around me and they also promised me that Thank God will give me the share of the proceed of Ejiofors Ransom. When I got to Opanda where Iive, I packed my load and ran to my village at Igboetiti although I did not report to the police or tell any one. I am warning every body to mind the kind of friend he/she keeps because, it was my friend that landed me into this trouble.

Asogwa Thankgod on his own part maintained that before now he used to be a movie star and actor from Umuokpala Ehalumona Nsukka Local Government Area of the state but based at Opanda in Uzouwani Local Government Area of Enugu state. On why he is at the police station, he maintained that it is all about the issue of the kidnap of Enechi Ejiofor whom he said was kidnapped by the Odah nimbo vigilante group of which he participated. He also narrated the story of his initiation and oath taking by the group to keep everything around him so secret or else risked being killed together with his father who is a headmaster of a school at Nimbo. He maintained that he was giving the task of monitoring Ejiofor Enechi's Movement by the vigilante group for his possible kidnap since he knows Ejiofor and do visit his drinking joint at Opanda.I know Ejiofo Enechi very well. I do go to his bush bar at opanda to relax and he is also a member of National Union of Road Transport workers and special Assistant on security matters to Transition committee chairman Uzouwani Local Government Area maintained ThankGod.

On that fateful day of13/12/16, I went out with one chelsea whose real name I dont know but a strong member of the group alongside with others for the kidnap.Chelsea has in his possession a pump action Automatic Gun. We actually kidnapped Ejofor and I was the one that collected the 2million Naira Ransom paid by the relations of Ejiofor. The Ransom was kept in a bush near a shrine and I was directed by Ratty, Miri and Eartquake whose real names are not known to me but strong leaders of the group to go and collect the money and bring to them which I did and also gave to them.I am regretting my action because I did not report to the police or my father because I was being scared of death due to the blood oath we took.

Miri, Ratty and Earthquake told me that the reason for kidnapping Ejiofor is that they want to treat his Bleep up because he is the one that revealing their plots to herdsmen and go as far as writing their names and giving it out as people that usually attack herdsmen in the bush and stealing their money and cattle at Odah Nimbo bush. Odah nimbo is a neighbouring village to Ukbabi Nimbo. I cannot say for sure where Ejiofor Enechi is now but Ratty, Miri and Earthquake can tell the position of Ejiofor Enechi and am now regretting every action of mine as I would have focused more on my movie star and film making Job Concludes Asogwa Thankgod.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/see-men-who-connived-with-vigilante.html

3 Shares

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by ipobarecriminals: 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
sad ASOGWA THANKgod, AKAKWU CHIZOBA COLLINS should pls stand up for recognition for a CRIME WELL DONE. **give a standing ovation to Igbo criminal. Applause! !*use handcuff to chain them least they run*

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by ChangeIsCostant: 10:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
end of the road
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by ipobarecriminals: 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
embarassed sad angry sad sad angry angry sad angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sad undecided shocked sad grin see dirty boxers,see red earth,EVILIPOBS

8 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by RiversWatchDog(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2017
lol
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by ChangeIsCostant: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by omofunaab(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2017
Ipods una well done ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by herzern(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
Land of the blurry sun undecided

Look at how malnourished they look.

4 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by freeborn76(m): 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
Death penalty for kidnappers!

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by nNEOo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nairalanders disgust me #spat angrybunch of muntalabanshi,

Even these skinny dudes have my respect,
Are they not planning to kidnap the
Cabals
Politifian
Looters
Bloodsuckers
Touts
..those with your national wealth

The are better than those kidnapping good citizens.
Nairalanders WAKEUP you r being used

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by sugarbelly4: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
lol
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Ifecoded(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Dey look like
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by emmyreb(f): 4:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
I'm sure this is not their first tym.... NEMESIS!!!

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by tunary(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tiny legs like

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Abumighty(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
just hang emm I hate criminal z

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
see their legs like tooth pick awon omo irankiran. castrate them now.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Abdulazeez007(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad ASOGWA THANKgod, AKAKWU CHIZOBA COLLINS should plan stand up for recognition for a CRIME WELL DONE. **give a standing ovation to Igbo criminal. Applause! !*use handcuff to chain them least they run*
OmO igbo, money must be made

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Abdulazeez007(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
embarassed sad angry sad sad angry angry sad angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sad undecided shocked sad grin see dirty boxers,see red earth,EVILIPOBS
dem b igbo now, very desperate for money.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Abdulazeez007(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
EVILFOREST:
Dey look like
[s]
EVILFOREST:
Dey look like
[/s]
EVILFOREST:
Dey look like
ipork-Ipob

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by femolii: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
Osus again omg
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by akigbemaru: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kidnapper and vigilante connived!
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by cooljude(m): 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
This case have been a sad event for the family of my uncle and aunt from my mom's side. We still hope that he returns back alive but they must surely pay for their crime. That zone is way too insecure, arm robbery, kidnapping, assassination. The reason for kidnapping him his a big lie, how would you bring herdsman to attack your own people. Nimbo is one community. It's purely for monetary gain and some personal vendetta, because I know that Ransome had been paid but his whereabouts can't be pinpointed.

2 Likes

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by vicadex07(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
Igbos trolling about the crime rate of other tribes should learn to be ashamed.

Crime is not limited to a particular region, religion or tribe.

For every human head-hunting afonja, there is an igbo Clifford orji...

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by nabegibeg: 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2017
There is anarchy everywhere
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by missjane: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please God let the victim be found.. I know him. he lives in my neighborhood. Very nice man with a lovely family of 4, his wife and 2 young sons aged 3 years n 2years..(they look like twins).

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by Desdola(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
The police should just shot them. Evil men Dont deserve to live

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by theway83: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
everyday for kidnapping one day the ransom.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by snika: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2017
Haba
Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by 007iwo: 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
nNEOo:
Nairalanders disgust me #spat angrybunch of muntalabanshi,

Even these skinny dudes have my respect,
Are they not planning to kidnap the
Cabals
Politifian
Looters
Bloodsuckers
Touts
..those with your national wealth

The are better than those kidnapping good citizens.
Nairalanders WAKEUP you r being used

We are been used? Solution: go on a kidnapping rampage. How intelligent?

1 Like

Re: Men Who Connived With Vigilante Group To Kidnap Government Official In Enugu by rusher14: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
[b]

These guys are part of the purported "herdsmen" that attacked Nimbo community.

If they are drilled further they would reveal the truth about that incident.

Nevertheless, little by little we are beginning to find that a lot of crimes purportedly carried out by Fulani herdsmen are not true

In Ekiti, the headless bodies found have been traced to a young man and his brother - probably ritualists.

Maikori's false claim about 5 students being attacked and killed.

Even Falae's so called 100 million Naira kidnap and ransom smells completely fishy. Considering he received exactly 100 Million Naira from Jonathan during the campaign.
Tell me how did the Herdsmen know?

In fact, some of Falae's party members expressed shock to hear such money was received by their party.

If you took a cursory look at these incidents you can begin to see a trend of crimes being committed by others or no crime at all but the Fulani have become responsible for all.

I'm not saying there are no Fulani Herdsmen crimes but I can bet that they are probably less than a third of the crimes attributed to them.

[/b]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 3rd In Global Internet Crimes Behind UK, US – NCC / Police Arrest Suspect In Connection With Kidnap Of Rev. Fr. Mark In Abia (VIDEO) / Colonel Jailed For Duping Dominion City Church Of N34.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.