Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Are Our Phones Becoming More Of A Nuisance? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Our Phones Becoming More Of A Nuisance? (384 Views)

COVID-19: Keeping Our Phones And Gadgets Clean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Our Phones Becoming More Of A Nuisance? by orilex(m): 1:45am On Feb 18, 2017
[url][/url]infowired360.com undecidedYoh guys Its Oriola here. First of all let me apologise for taking the delay in posting new articles. As you all know I study geography at the university of lagos, so I have been very busy with school and tests. (I blame you cartography).

What actually motivated me to write this piece was an event I attended recently at school. It was supposed to be an association meeting. So the convener was being late. As usual you would expect us members of the association to mingle around and discuss with each other. You know, communicate. As humans do. But no! I looked up and around me, and behold every single being was locked into their phones tapping away at God knows what. It got so bad, that even I who had no reason to use my phone was so bored and feeling left out, that I actually started going through the SETTINGS menu of my phone. Seriously. The meeting later did not hold (African time) and guess the way by which we knew. A whatsapp broadcast. The only time someone spoke to me was to ask if he could borrow my earpiece. You know, so he would plunge into further isolation from us "disturbing" Seriously, it has gotten so bad that people have literally being killed because they were using their headphones while using the road. Mostly pedestrians. Train crashes, motor vehicle accidents. God even saved me once. So you know that I live in Lagos, there is a very rough suburb called mushin. I was listening to Young MAs, ooouu, feeling like a bad guy, and then I almost ran into an oncoming motorcycle, popularly called Okada. The reflex action by which I braked, I don't think that I can replicate again. Seriously, thank God for my life. (needless to say, I paused the song).

So guys, next time you are outside, make sure that it is appropriate to use your phones. After all, in some places it is still not advisable to do so eg hospitals, airplanes, and fuel stations. I know that they are practically our best friends now, but at least take time off your Instagram feed (unless you are Kim kardashian), and breathe. Relax. Talk to a human being beside you. You wouldn't die if you did.

Thanks again guys for reading. Please help me share this article to your friends and family or anyone who might need it or like it. Make also to like and comment. It would be much appreciated.

Laters. Oriola.

Please guys check out more great content at infowired360.com. I would really appreciate it.

Re: Are Our Phones Becoming More Of A Nuisance? by ajuwarhodes(f): 1:55am On Feb 18, 2017
Mine isnt

1 Like

Re: Are Our Phones Becoming More Of A Nuisance? by orilex(m): 2:03am On Feb 18, 2017
ajuwarhodes:
Mine isnt
yeah. Thats good. I am just emphasising moderation.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Professor Discovers Cure To Hiv/aids / Diseases That Mess Up Your Sex Life / Help My Sexual Life Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.