Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince (697 Views)

Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince ( Part 1 ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Romans 5:5
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Today, we express hope as if we can’t be sure what will really happen. We say, “I hope I will win that prize. I hope it won’t rain tomorrow. I hope everything works out well.”

But “hope” in the Bible is a confident and positive expectation of good. God wants you to have a confident expectation of good because as His child, He favors you. Because Christ is in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27), you can expect the glory of God to shine into every area of your life, including your family, job, ministry, health and finances!

God’s Word says, “Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” You may have experienced disappointed hopes, but there is a hope that does not disappoint when you are conscious of how much God loves you. It is a hope that springs from the heart of God, who loves you very much.

It is interesting that the first mention of the Holy Spirit in the book of Romans is tied up with the love of God. The book of Romans is considered foundational for Christians. Could it be that the first thing the Holy Spirit wants to do is to establish in our hearts that God loves us? Many people think that the Holy Spirit has come to teach us about power. But the truth is that the Holy Spirit has come not to reveal the love for power, but the power of love!

My friend, you may have just lost your job. But if you can say, “Jesus loves me this I know,” you can also say, “I believe that I will get a better job tomorrow.” Your girlfriend may have just left you for your best friend. But because you can say, “Jesus loves me this I know,” you can also say, “I’ll meet a better girl.”

When you believe that God loves you, you will have a positive expectation of good. You will have a hope that does not disappoint. So be careful what you hope for because you are bound to get it!

Thought For The Day

Being conscious of how much God loves you gives you a hope that does not disappoint.

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/hope-that-does-not-disappoint/
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by spartan117(m): 9:03am On Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for posting jiggaz really touched my heart
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2017
spartan117:
Thanks for posting jiggaz really touched my heart
You are welcome my bro.
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2017
morning
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
evening
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:45am On Feb 22, 2017
morning..
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
jiggaz:
evening
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2017
.. ...mmb. nnnn
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:42am On Mar 15, 2017
noted....
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
jiggaz:
evening
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:09am On Mar 16, 2017
morning...
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:26am On Mar 20, 2017
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:17am On Mar 24, 2017
nnnnn
Re: Hope That Does Not Disappoint - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:11am On Mar 28, 2017
morning nnnnnnn

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/03/17 / Reasons Why Spiritual Satanism Is The Original And True Religion Of The World / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/03/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.