Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army (27334 Views)

Fela Anikulapo Feed His Donkey Yakubu Gowon At Kalakuta Republic In 1970- Pic / PHOTO: John Boyega Surrounded By Kalakuta Queens / A Visit To Kalakuta Republic Museum: Fela & His 27 Wives, Grave, Pants & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Explorers(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Ola5TP: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
Pistolx:
Kudos to our gallant army
For what? For being some little beef right? For destroying Fela,s kalakuta who stood for the masses? I ain't mad at ya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by abbaapple: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2017
under cover soldier's, Black ops.
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Funjosh(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2017
Explorers:

Baba your space booking remain small e for enter cry
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Explorers(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Funjosh:

Baba your space booking remain small e for enter cry

Lols..
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Lasskeey: 12:50pm On Feb 18, 2017
grin
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by anjowaka510(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
Whalahi e don tey sha
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by toshmann(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
For all you little children who didn't know fela or understood his music, this was the message of this song. Fela used music to deliver real political messages based on the hot topics of his day and in a fearless manner.
He was a one-man-riot-squad. He fought against military dictators. A warrior celebrity. He went in and out of prison and it didn't change his music or his message. He was the lone voice speaking fearlessly against military governments including Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB (sound familiar?) in the 70s and 80s. And he didn't ask people to join him only to chicken out in the last minute like 4faces of 2face, he did his thing "join-me-if-you-like'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAiw1DLBzE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by NaijaBlend: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
No thanks to Buhari and Obasanjo!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by inourcare: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by holytribe(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
2kass:
I waka waka waka, them kill my mama, I go obalende, I go Jordan barracks, I reach d place ohh, Obasanjo dey dere, with his big fat stomach, yar Adua dey dere, with his neck like Ostritch..

Dem no wan take am, but them take am, dem no wan take am, but dem take am, who go wan take coffin... God bless Fela

Bro, it's Dodan barracks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Kimikazi2: 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lukenitheooo6:
i made ftc i don beliviit

dedicated to new wedded coulpes this weekend
especially on nairaland
happy weekend all nairalanders
Sorry but you are late. Some people post at the speed of light.
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by haywire1: 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
ORIGINAL BLACK PRESIDENT

#

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Toosure70: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
proudly afonja.

2 Likes

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by linusbnn(m): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lukenitheooo6:
see why civillian rule is better than military rule

Which rule are we under now?
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
LMAyedun:
RIP Oga Fela...
Buhari would have given 2face same treatment if he had continued with that protest on Feb 6th.

Can we ever get men like Fela again in this half-dead country..?

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Horlarmie199(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
there can only be one Fela.....R.I.P Abami Eda
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by John902(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
ednut1:
"when Obasanjo and Yar adua chop belle full finish dem put civilians for there dem call am second republic" same Obasanjo still dey run things chai
which yaradua? person wey die for cell ba
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Opakan2: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
Legend!

Even Flattie.s admit to that.. you need to see the way they troop in and out of Fela's shrine just to keep his Legacy alive.
Maybe na wetin Dilector Kanu see wey vex am. so he had to pull freedom fighter stunt tongue
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by just2endowed: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
When u listen to his song in 70s and how he lament for this country Nigeria, it's like he had seen our suffering before hand. He complained and lamented on corruption, nepotism, unemployment, government brutality, stealing, lack of water, poor governance, education, etc. What is it that he didn't lament on but look at us today. It's still same old problematic stories.

I wasn't born when he started singing but during the late 90s I started picking interest on his songs. It was a strong message. He was a one man soldier. *tears. Truly he was a legend of all. All his life, he challenge tye military and gave them headache.

5 Likes

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
John902:
which yaradua? person wey die for cell ba
ya
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
tobtap:
Fela and his mum are legends... RIP.. They were brave
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
The iconic legend lives on!
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by delzbaba(m): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
Lukenitheooo6:
i made ftc i don beliviit

happy weekend all nairalanders

dedicated to new wedded coulpes this weekend
especially on nairaland
are u sure?
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Ajsmart(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Long live Fela. One strand of his hair was worth more than the combined number of government officials that have ruled Nigeria since independence!
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2017
thise young unknown soldiers then are now somewhere crying toF FG for their unpaid retirement benefits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by phenomem(m): 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
herzern:
1977?? shocked

OBJ was the military Head Of State then.

#BrUtaL

Funny thing is they hail from the same town in Ogun state. House very close to each other
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Baresywood365(m): 2:42pm On Feb 18, 2017
The man that his sermons lives forever!

1 Like

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by flyforall: 2:56pm On Feb 18, 2017
BIG ORGANISATIONS E.G GOVERNMENTS DONT LIKE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by watzz: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
My dad just confirmed his participation in the Kalakuta saga. was among the soldiers commanded to bring that place down.

According to his own version then, said it has nothing to do with the government, Kalakuta was a place full of thugs who smokes and drinks 24/7 alongside ladies walking naked. even soldiers were regular customers there. however some of his boys accidentally hit an army dispatcher on bike and then went ahead to beat up two soldiers.

y'all can guess the rest na.

1 Like

Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by haulagehandlers(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2017
2kass:
I waka waka waka, them kill my mama, I go obalende, I go Jordan barracks, I reach d place ohh, Obasanjo dey dere, with his big fat stomach, yar Adua dey dere, with his neck like Ostritch..

Dem no wan take am, but them take am, dem no wan take am, but dem take am, who go wan take coffin... God bless Fela
point of correction,its Dodan barracks not Jordan.
Re: 18th February In Nigeria History: Destruction Of Kalakuta Republic By Army by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
Rip to the legend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Slangs Popularized By Nigerian Musicians & Their Meanings / Xenophobia: 'Buhari Is A Witch' – Charly Boy (Video) / Flavour Rocks Pant In New Topless Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.