Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,624 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units (1826 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Makes Money That Will Buy $2.5m Pagani In Just 1¹/2 Mins / All 2019 Bentley Models Will Come With Centenary Badges To Mark Its 100 Years / ₦6million Can-Am Spyder Roadster Spotted In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by AutoReportNG: 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
This is quite ridiculous, this might go down in history as the most expensive car so far. According to report, The Pagani Huayra Roadster costs a whopping 1,2768 billion Naira (That is some states monthly budget in Nigeria), the interesting thing is that just 100 units were produced and it got sold out even before going public.

Pagani debuted the Huayra in 2012 as the replacement for the aging Zonda, despite the fact that the manufacturer continued to roll out special edition Zondas through 2014.

The Huayra name may sound odd at first, but it is based on the God of the wind, Wayra Tata, from the era of the Inca empire. The Huayra coupe was limited to only 100 units and has been sold out since 2015, but since then, Pagani has launched the hardcore BC version and a handful of unique, bespoke models. In 2017, Pagani introduced the Huayra Roadster, a drop-top with bespoke chassis and features.

Reports of a roadster version started circulating shortly after the coupe debuted, with initial reports claiming a release was planned for 2016. That obviously didn’t happen, but the Italian firm confirmed that the open-top supercar will make its global debut at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show in March. Come February and the Huayra Roadster unveiled itself to the world.

Unlike other supercars in this expensive niche, the Huayra Roadster isn’t just a hacked-up coupe. Instead, the Italian manufacturer prepared a healthy power increase, made it lighter than the coupe, and gave it a revised chassis with bespoke settings. Granted, the Huayra is already expensive, so it’s only natural to ask yourself whether the Roadster is awesome enough to warrant its massive price tag? Find out more about that in the review below.

Work on the Huayra Roadster actually began in 2010. Pagani reveal within the release information that the design was binned in 2013 and Horacio went back to the drawing board. Production of the Huayra Roadster is limited to 100 vehicles, all are sold. The base price is a staggering €2,280,000 plus VAT.

The key design element of the car is the Pagani Huayra Roadster’s roof. There are two options. The first is a lightweight carbon too with a central glass element, similar in style to the Porsche Carrera GT. The second is a fabric and carbon cover which can be installed easily in the event of an emergency.

The suspension assembly is made from a lightweight aluminum alloy, called HiForg, designed specifically for the Huayra Roadster. It achieves a 25% weight saving. Brembo brakes are uprated carbon ceramic (CCM) discs measuring 380×34 mm with 6-piston calipers in the front and 380×34 mm, 4-piston calipers at the rear. Unique Pirelli Piero Corsa’s are also redesigned and allow a lateral force of 1.8 G.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/02/12768-billion-naira-pagani-huayra.html

1 Share

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by AutoReportNG: 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
1.2Billion car? Haaaa, hope Nigerians no dey among the buyers oo, the person needs to be sued...

Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by madridguy(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
I go kuku buy private jet grin

1 Like

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by LeJeun3: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2017

Chaii!

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by mjksho(m): 8:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
I have been following this OP lately. You are doing a good job of informing us about cars. But please don't call it reviews. You have not been doing any review just announcement.

This is an example of a review:
https://www.nairaland.com/3621042/review-some-cool-cars-drove

Nonetheless, keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by wtfCode: 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
Good lord.
That car just took my breath away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by lonelydora: 4:11am On Feb 19, 2017
Thunder fire poverty.

1 Like

Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by AutoReportNG2: 6:04am On Feb 19, 2017
mjksho:
I have been following this OP lately. You are doing a good job of informing us about cars. But please don't call it reviews. You have not been doing any review just announcement.

This is an example of a review:
https://www.nairaland.com/3621042/review-some-cool-cars-drove

Nonetheless, keep it up.

Hello Bro, how are you today?
Well you may be right on your claims, but I don't think reviews have to be done by the author before it can be accepted as one. These are supercars and luxury cars that costs quite a fortune to buy, how many Nigerians can volunteer their cars for you to do a review for their cars? If its in Western countries, the manufacturing countries call on car experts, bloggers etc to help review and they do a test drive, but in Nigeria, who will do such? I have visted your blog and I must commend you for a great job, but I will be looking into the direction you talked about.

Thanks and do have a lovely day ahead.
Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by mjksho(m): 11:27am On Feb 19, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

Hello Bro, how are you today?
Well you may be right on your claims, but I don't think reviews have to be done by the author before it can be accepted as one. These are supercars and luxury cars that costs quite a fortune to buy, how many Nigerians can volunteer their cars for you to do a review for their cars? If its in Western countries, the manufacturing countries call on car experts, bloggers etc to help review and they do a test drive, but in Nigeria, who will do such? I have visted your blog and I must commend you for a great job, but I will be looking into the direction you talked about.

Thanks and do have a lovely day ahead.

You have a point actually. I haven't actually seen a real review of Innoson vehicles myself not to talk of hypercars. But sha when I see the word review, I want to see someone tell me something from their personal experience while being honest. Else I would rather check the car up on Wikipedia.
Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by AutoReportNG: 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
mjksho:

You have a point actually. I haven't actually seen a real review of Innoson vehicles myself not to talk of hypercars. But sha when I see the word review, I want to see someone tell me something from their personal experience while being honest. Else I would rather check the car up on Wikipedia.

Hello Sir, you made some valid points but its quite unfortunate that Nigerians have not yet gotten to that stage that they willingly invite the media for reviews. I wrote to Innoson Motors last week about some of their cars, I need some info and I decided to mail, for almost 7 days, no reply, no follow-up, nothing!!! Imagine if I asked them for a test drive or I want to do a review of their cars, it will take them 10 years to get back to me. Our mentality is really something we all need to work on, doing a review of doesn't mean that such meant evil or badluck actually, we all need an honest review of some items in one way or the other. So until we are up to that standard, lets be doing this type of review before we get to that stage we personally test run and test drive.

Have a lovely Sunday evening.

Lalasticlala
Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by AutoReportNG: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Lalasticlala
Re: 1.2768 Billion Naira Pagani Huayra Roadster Car, Sold Out All Its 100 Units by mjksho(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Hello Sir, you made some valid points but its quite unfortunate that Nigerians have not yet gotten to that stage that they willingly invite the media for reviews. I wrote to Innoson Motors last week about some of their cars, I need some info and I decided to mail, for almost 7 days, no reply, no follow-up, nothing!!! Imagine if I asked them for a test drive or I want to do a review of their cars, it will take them 10 years to get back to me. Our mentality is really something we all need to work on, doing a review of doesn't mean that such meant evil or badluck actually, we all need an honest review of some items in one way or the other. So until we are up to that standard, lets be doing this type of review before we get to that stage we personally test run and test drive.

Have a lovely Sunday evening.

Haha. Sorry about your experience. I think someone should call Innoson's attention to this. Writing a review for their cars is free publicity. But sha, not responding to mails for that long means they probably won't take feedback seriously. I think you should call them. I would actually like to see an Innoson review. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kia Rio 2008 Model And Timing Belt Confusion / Advice A Friend Of Mine Who Wants To Buy 2010 Chevrolet Camarillo. / Nigerian Used Mercedes Benz 2015 GLK 300 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.