Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! (1291 Views)

Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by scriptaz18(m): 9:30am On Feb 19, 2017
The Issue: I get enraged when some Christians criticize other Christian Women that leave their head uncovered. Well, I belong to the New Generational Church as well as I often leave my head uncovered; so, I often wonder why some Christians wouldn’t concentrate on winning souls for Christ than criticizing the dressing code of other Churches. This I ask; is it a necessity that Christian women should wear head coverings since my husband and Church find no fault with mine? Sister Funke, Lagos.

My Take (Answer): 1 Corinthians 11:3-16 addresses the issue of women and head coverings. This is admittedly a difficult passage to interpret and apply to today’s church. At that time, in the Corinthian culture, women wore head coverings to demonstrate submission to their husbands. No other book of the Bible mentions head coverings as a common practice. In Corinth, if a woman were to remove her head covering, it would be comparable to saying, “I refuse to submit to my husband.” Evidently, some women in Corinth were doing this very thing. As a result, Paul commands the women to wear head coverings to demonstrate their submission to their head, namely their husbands.
Now, in today’s culture, a woman wearing a head covering does not indicate submission to a husband. Hats are only fashion statements. Since a head covering no longer means what it meant in Bible times, women may not have to wear head coverings except when negated by their husbands or the Church. Women should do whatever is culturally normal for demonstrating submission to their husband. If you feel led of the Lord to wear a head covering, you should do so. This is an issue on which women should follow their own convictions, and not try to force their convictions on others.

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by DivinelyBlessed: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2017
I really don't think it matters to God
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 19, 2017
1 Corinthians 11:4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

1 Corinthians 11:5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

1 Corinthians 11:6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by adadike281(f): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2017
To me, I think its a sign of respect to God. you don't approach an earthly king without an atom of respect much more a divine king. When I go to church, I know am going into an awesome presence,so I dress very descent and I cover my hair in full coz he is a king I should fear, submit to and respect. my opinion biko

2 Likes

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by enshy: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
My dear scriptaz18, I salute your desire and efforts to know and teach others the truth! May the Faithful God be kind to you.
Firstly, let every xtian woman be saved. Let her be renewed from inside out..Let her crave for the Spirit of meekness, quietness, calmness and decency. Let every Spirit of arrogance, rebellion, idolatry, evil cravings and flamboyance be cast out...Then, her appearance would not be an issue for the anointing by the Spirit teaches her! IJohn 2:27
O I pray to see that revival that will usher in Gods beauty of Holiness where no one will seek his own but Christs, where everyone will seek Gods perfection at the expense of comfort, beauty, appearance - Rom 14:5-18...
Covering or not covering hair is now an issue but from the beginning it wasnt so...All women knew what was right cos they devoted to seeking Christ's and His... No one considers anymore how my xter, appearance hardens the sinners, pollutes the church, encourage sin..Somethings are not wrong in themselves but 'if eating meat will make my brother stumble, I wont eat' - Rom 14, I Cor 10:23-33; 'All things are lawful for me but I wont be brought under the power of any'
In conclusion, the famous preacher Charles Spurgen quit smoking because of the way sinners saw the act though he was preaching to them. He didnt even have the knowledge of the sinfulness of smoking at that time but He was so filled with Love for Christ that the souls he wanted to win mattered more than the satisfaction he derived in smoking.
I pray that God will set our hearts ablaze with Love for God and others above comfort and convenience..May God that I serve in spirit, sincerity and truth open our eyes to true Worship and Holiness...
God is raising soldiers for end time harvest, enlist yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by enshy: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
Let all christian women possess their temples in quietness, honour, simplicity, purity, submission and obedience!

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by luvmijeje(f): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
I believe it all depends on your faith and your relationship with God. I don't put on headgear probably because I don't how to tie it but I've never felt condemned by God..

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Head-coverings When Praying Or In Church? - My Take! by oyinella(f): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2018
That scripture said Women should cover their "Head" not "Hair", when you keep reading it says that the 'Hair' is giving as a covering to the "Head".

(1) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Pastor Unearths One Of The Largest Diamonds Ever Found / Still On The Tithe Matter: At Last, Men Of God Agree With OAP Freeze (Video) / Why God Passes You Through Very Difficult Times - Bishop Td Jakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.