Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:58 AM

Again, Price Of Cement Goes Up: A call on Dangote - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Again, Price Of Cement Goes Up: A call on Dangote (482 Views)

Unveiling Dangote’s Novel ‘king Of Cement’ / Distress Sales With Instant Allocation On Dangote Refinery Road (buy And Build) / How Many Wheelbarrow Of Sand, Granite And Bag Of Cement Are In A Cubic Meter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Again, Price Of Cement Goes Up: A call on Dangote by nickxtra(m): 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2017
This is a clarion call to Africa's richest man and business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

Remember you promised Nigerians sometime in early 2016, at the commissioning of one of your factories, that a combined output of all your cement factories, located across Nigeria would bring down the cost of cement( irrespective of the brand) to at least 1000 Naira. When that promised was made by you, we actually had the prices of cement hovering between 1300 to 1500 naira, while we were hoping to get the cement at 1000 naira, but this did not last up to a year and the prices shut up to about 1800 and 2000 naira.

Curiously, as at last week sir, when I bought cement for my building project, I bought a bag of your cement at 2400 naira per bag.

Just yesterday sir, when I wanted to buy more cement for the project, I was stunned to hear that the price of a bag of cement(Dangote) has increased from 2500 to 2800, all within a week. Haba! Are we saying that the low income earners of the Nigeria economy should not build houses again?

Why does the cost of cement, a locally manufactured product, a bye product of our local limestone, now competes with imported goods in this Country?
Do we need to appeal to the Federal Government to grant license to importers to import cement if that is what will bring down the prices of this product?
Re: Again, Price Of Cement Goes Up: A call on Dangote by jeftalene(m): 5:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Seriously speaking. The rate of increase is becoming a serious burden and likely to slow down construction activities nationwide, if it is not checked.

Meanwhille always visit www.engineerosaz..com to see latest prices of building materials in Nigeria and current labour rates too.
Re: Again, Price Of Cement Goes Up: A call on Dangote by nickxtra(m): 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
A very current and informative blog

(1) (Reply)

Uncompleted 4bedroom, 2nos Of Miniflat & 2nos Of 36sqm Shop @ Agura Ikorodu. PIX / 30,000sqm Or 45plots Sandfilled And Fully Fenced With C Of O For Sale In Lekki / Why Continuous Pay Rent When You Can Own Your Land At Flourish Garden City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.