Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

The Unconditional Love Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unconditional Love Of God (437 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / The Unconditional Love Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unconditional Love Of God by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
One of the biggest struggles many people face is a feeling that the Lord couldn’t possibly love them. Far from just saying so with words, God has also given us ample proof.

Creation itself is an expression of the awesome way He cares for us. He designed this earth as the perfect habitation for humanity and provides us with the necessities of life. But the highest expression of His love is manifested in His provision for our eternal needs.

He sent His Son to redeem us from sin so that we could be forgiven and reconciled to God—and then live with Him in heaven forever.

Why, then, with all this evidence, do so many of us still doubt His love? Perhaps the reason is that we are looking at it from our own limited perspective:

Since human beings cannot love others unconditionally, we doubt that the Lord can. After all, worldly logic considers it reasonable to be loving towards people who measure up to our standards but to hold ourselves aloof from those who don’t.
Or maybe we just feel unworthy of His love.

No one is worthy.

God’s love is based not on whether we are deserving but on His character—we need to understand that love isn’t simply something God does; it’s who He is ( 1 John 4: cool.

Divine love is a demonstration of God’s commitment to our greatest good. It’s like the ocean’s tide. You can stand on the shore and say, “I don’t believe in waves,” but that doesn’t stop them from coming.

Likewise, nothing you do or feel will stop the Father’s love from watching over you.
Re: The Unconditional Love Of God by DivinelyBlessed: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Oilyqueen. I believe God loves some people a lot more than others.

I love how you ended the write up

"Likewise, nothing you do or feel will stop the Father’s love from watching over you"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Unconditional Love Of God by LePrezident(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
oilyqueen:
One of the biggest struggles many people face is a feeling that the Lord couldn’t possibly love them. Far from just saying so with words, God has also given us ample proof.

Creation itself is an expression of the awesome way He cares for us. He designed this earth as the perfect habitation for humanity and provides us with the necessities of life. But the highest expression of His love is manifested in His provision for our eternal needs.

He sent His Son to redeem us from sin so that we could be forgiven and reconciled to God—and then live with Him in heaven forever.

Why, then, with all this evidence, do so many of us still doubt His love? Perhaps the reason is that we are looking at it from our own limited perspective:

Since human beings cannot love others unconditionally, we doubt that the Lord can. After all, worldly logic considers it reasonable to be loving towards people who measure up to our standards but to hold ourselves aloof from those who don’t.
Or maybe we just feel unworthy of His love.

No one is worthy.

God’s love is based not on whether we are deserving but on His character—we need to understand that love isn’t simply something God does; it’s who He is ( 1 John 4:cool.

Divine love is a demonstration of God’s commitment to our greatest good. It’s like the ocean’s tide. You can stand on the shore and say, “I don’t believe in waves,” but that doesn’t stop them from coming.

Likewise, nothing you do or feel will stop the Father’s love from watching over you.

Lilyqueen you know you should also post this on nigerianbase.com undecided
Re: The Unconditional Love Of God by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2017
My Queen prefers it here.
This is where she belongs and has been for a long time.
Re: The Unconditional Love Of God by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 20, 2017
DivinelyBlessed:
Oilyqueen. I believe God loves some people a lot more than others.

I love how you ended the write up

"Likewise, nothing you do or feel will stop the Father’s love from watching over you"
Bro God loves everybody equally. That's my own believe.
Re: The Unconditional Love Of God by sonmvayina(m): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2017
Have you heard of the holocaust? If you have ..good. if God can allow that to happen to his chosen people, what makes you think he cares about you??.

If he loves us, why did he create the devil to torment us?

What is the loving idea behind the creation of the mosquito??

(1) (Reply)

It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Bad Christian (pope Francis ) / Why Castigating A Man Of God / Do you have this sermon "The Danger Of Religious Pollution"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.