Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text (435 Views)

Pantami's Decision To Mine Data Of Phone Users Trailed By Controversy / SIM Recycling Rings Danger For Phone Users / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text by Fonereporters: 12:21am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello guys , forget those your heavily specced phone , they actually have no use in real World .Who on earth after the long day work got all the time to play heavy games, take selfies and all what not with His/Her phone?.

A recent study conducted by GSMA Intelligence has revealed about 50%of phone users actually do make , receive and text with their devices.

The Global Mobile Engagement Index users study group include: aficionados (the most engaged); pragmatists; networkers; and talkers (the least engaged).

Result of the talker group caught our attention the most . The study revealed the talkers group which constitute a whooping 47%(projected to decline to 29% in 2030) of the study group only use their for voice and text services making one wonder why the hue and cry for smart phones with millions of cores , dual cameras , curved display and even those with as much as 8GB RAM .

So guys anytime you see me using Nokia 3320 and you using Galaxy Note 9, please do chill as our devices does basically same things - No hating please

http://www.phonereporters.com/2017/02/reality-check-half-mobile-phone-users-just-talk-text/
Re: Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text by directonpc(m): 6:07am On Feb 20, 2017
I don't take selfie, I hardly play games.

But a crappy Droid with poor processor and low RAM is enough to make me want a device with mouth watering specs.
Re: Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text by Fonereporters: 7:33am On Feb 20, 2017
You dont play games ,dont take pics - meaning no need for large storage ,what then do u need huge RAM n deca-core processors for?
directonpc:
I don't take selfie, I hardly play games.

But a crappy Droid with poor processor and low RAM is enough to make me want a device with mouth watering specs.
Re: Reality Check: Half Of Mobile Phone Users Just Talk And Text by directonpc(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2017
Fonereporters:
You dont play games ,dont take pics - meaning no need for large storage ,what then do u need huge RAM n deca-core processors for?
for multitasking, playback of full HD videos, lighten fast Internet and so much more. If my phone had physical buttons that feels good for typing I would have been using it for coding as I am a developer.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 2 X600 Brand New / New Huawei Mate 9 Update: Google Voice Related Issue Fixed / 10 Reasons Why You Check If Your Phone Has Spyware Or Virus(malware).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.