Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence (12406 Views)

Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Estimate For Doing German Floor & Chain Lintel For A 3bedrm Bungalow / Free Building Estimate For Nairalanders who wants to build By S.A.E Ltd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 2:26am On Feb 20, 2017
I have been searching around for the better part of 2 days trying to figure out an estimate for the materials and labour for installing a chain link fence. I could not even get a clear definition of the length of a roll of the chain link wire.

Please can anyone provide an estimate (materials, labour, etc.) of installing a chain link fence ?
This is for a farm site located outside of Ibadan, About 2 acres , 106m by 80m, with 2 entry points (gates) into the lot.

Thanks.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2017
Any ideas / help please?
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by jeftalene(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2017
ruggie:
I have been searching around for the better part of 2 days trying to figure out an estimate for the materials and labour for installing a chain link fence. I could not even get a clear definition of the length of a roll of the chain link wire.

Please can anyone provide an estimate (materials, labour, etc.) of installing a chain link fence ?
This is for a farm site located outside of Ibadan, About 2 acres , 106m by 80m, with 2 entry points (gates) into the lot.

Thanks.
Call/Chat me up on whatsapp Engr. Osaz' 08167394799
I can help with that.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 3:27am On Feb 24, 2017
jeftalene:

Call/Chat me up on whatsapp Engr. Osaz' 08167394799
I can help with that.
Chat sent.
Thanks.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by olawale100: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
I am writing this review not to cast aspersion on anybody's character but to guide and inform would be (future) clients on the likely quality of service they may get when you engage Engr Osaz – real name Osazuwa Enobakhare
I wanted to do pile foundation for a property at Ikate Elegushi, Lekki area of Lagos.
I got three quotes from nairalanders and after careful analysis and comparison, I decided to go with Engr. Osaz. I must confess my decision to go with Engr. Osaz was after reading the nice review written by one of his client, a medical doctor about the good job Engr. Osaz did for him at Isheri and also because he repeatedly stated that he is a structural engineer and will ensure the project will be properly & personally supervised.

After initial discussion and a quote was sent, I requested for a contract, he mentioned it won’t be necessary because the job is not that “big and serious”.
He sent his quote and I did not negotiate at all because I believe I am getting a value added service after Engr. Osaz assured me that he being a structural engineer will ensure the project is properly supervised and handled.
After mobilizing him with about 25% of the project cost, he came to site with some equipment, I enquired from him where the drilling machine is, I was shocked when he said he will use hand drilling option. I informed him I am not comfortable with this option because the piles are 10 meters deep, and 450mm diameter for 45 pile points. At no time did he specified that hand drilling will be used. Lesson learnt is that when dealing with people, there should be no assumption at all.
He reviewed the cost upward. At that time I was not willing to go ahead with him again. He had dug a borehole (I agreed to provide the submersible pump). I informed him that he should deduct the cost of the borehole and transport for the hand drills. I stated categorically that I will only use mechanical drilling machine, he said he review the cost and get back to me. He reviewed the cost upward by 300k. I perused and informed him he should just refund me less borehole and transport cost, he later sent another email that he has reverted to the original quote.
At this point, I sensed it may be difficult and hectic to retrieve money from Engr. Osaz without it getting ugly or resulting to waste of time, I decided to go ahead with him. He requested for additional funds. I was not willing to part with more funds without seeing the drilling machine on site. He persuaded me that once I move the funds to him, he will bring the machine and move to site and ensure there is good progress on the project. After paying him, it took about two days for him to bring the machine to site. I lost my cool and reached out to him. I practically called him about 2o times within a period of 5 hours, his phone did not go through, always going to voicemail.
Eventually, the next day, they started drilling, I got to site, I could not see any casting machine, I asked Osaz, Osaz said they will use dry mix. I have a supervising engineer on site who at this time became so furious and refused to allow work to proceed until a casting machine is brought to site. Osaz refused to provide a casting machine, stating the cost will be borne by me. I made arrangement for 6 days for casting machine and operator. I paid from my pocket for this. At this point, Osaz had been paid about 78% of the project cost.
My supervising engineer is always on site and was not happy with the handling and execution of the project. Osaz apparently subcontracted the drilling job to someone else and was not there to supervise as he had promised. About the 4th day, 26 pile points had been drilled and casted.
On day 5, Osaz came late in the evening to site and was having challenges paying the caster 10,000. Nobody was supervising the casting process. He charged me over 3 times of what he was paying them. My engineer informed me about this and I was really upset.
I came to site the next morning, the caster informed me that the casting crew are not happy with the rate Osaz is paying them, they had casted 5 points the day before and each of them got 1,000 each. I arranged 6 workers, promised to pay them 2,200 per point, bought shovels and decided to take over the casting as I was really disappointed with the way Osaz was going about the project.
In the Afternoon, I got the greatest shock on this project, the drillers down tooled, Osaz had only paid them for 20 points and they were supposed to be paid for another 20 points before they can proceed. I had to breach protocol, I engaged the drillers because I cannot afford my project to be stalled. (I am also paying for the casting machine on a daily basis) I enquired how much is being owed for the remaining 25 pile points. They told me it is 375,000. I moved 300,000 to the owner of the drilling machine and he immediately directed his boys to commence work. Osaz was no where to be found, he was incommunicado. He had the effrontery to call me and tell me cock and bull stories. I told him I have left him to God but I just had to let people know the type of person this guy is.
AT the end, I paid for the concrete job for the last 12 points, I paid the drillers a sum of N375,000
Net, I lost some money but not so much, Osaz abandoned the job after he had collected a huge chunk of money from me for the project.
He stopped coming to site altogether and most painful is when you call him and his phone does not go through. His is the most irresponsible behavior I have seen in a “professional”. I told him that most of my artisans that are not educated are more reliable and protect their reputation better.
Osaz is not a man of his words, as a feedback, I will never engage Engr Osaz again and if I know anyone that is interested in engaging him, I will advise the party accordingly.
That is my personal experience with this man

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
olawale100:
I am writing this review not to cast aspersion on anybody's character but to guide and inform would be (future) clients on the likely quality of service they may get when you engage Engr Osaz – real name Osazuwa Enobakhare
I wanted to do pile foundation for a property at Ikate Elegushi, Lekki area of Lagos.
I got three quotes from nairalanders and after careful analysis and comparison, I decided to go with Engr. Osaz. I must confess my decision to go with Engr. Osaz was after reading the nice review written by one of his client, a medical doctor about the good job Engr. Osaz did for him at Isheri and also because he repeatedly stated that he is a structural engineer and will ensure the project will be properly & personally supervised.

After initial discussion and a quote was sent, I requested for a contract, he mentioned it won’t be necessary because the job is not that “big and serious”.
He sent his quote and I did not negotiate at all because I believe I am getting a value added service after Engr. Osaz assured me that he being a structural engineer will ensure the project is properly supervised and handled.
After mobilizing him with about 25% of the project cost, he came to site with some equipment, I enquired from him where the drilling machine is, I was shocked when he said he will use hand drilling option. I informed him I am not comfortable with this option because the piles are 10 meters deep, and 450mm diameter for 45 pile points. At no time did he specified that hand drilling will be used. Lesson learnt is that when dealing with people, there should be no assumption at all.
He reviewed the cost upward. At that time I was not willing to go ahead with him again. He had dug a borehole (I agreed to provide the submersible pump). I informed him that he should deduct the cost of the borehole and transport for the hand drills. I stated categorically that I will only use mechanical drilling machine, he said he review the cost and get back to me. He reviewed the cost upward by 300k. I perused and informed him he should just refund me less borehole and transport cost, he later sent another email that he has reverted to the original quote.
At this point, I sensed it may be difficult and hectic to retrieve money from Engr. Osaz without it getting ugly or resulting to waste of time, I decided to go ahead with him. He requested for additional funds. I was not willing to part with more funds without seeing the drilling machine on site. He persuaded me that once I move the funds to him, he will bring the machine and move to site and ensure there is good progress on the project. After paying him, it took about two days for him to bring the machine to site. I lost my cool and reached out to him. I practically called him about 2o times within a period of 5 hours, his phone did not go through, always going to voicemail.
Eventually, the next day, they started drilling, I got to site, I could not see any casting machine, I asked Osaz, Osaz said they will use dry mix. I have a supervising engineer on site who at this time became so furious and refused to allow work to proceed until a casting machine is brought to site. Osaz refused to provide a casting machine, stating the cost will be borne by me. I made arrangement for 6 days for casting machine and operator. I paid from my pocket for this. At this point, Osaz had been paid about 78% of the project cost.
My supervising engineer is always on site and was not happy with the handling and execution of the project. Osaz apparently subcontracted the drilling job to someone else and was not there to supervise as he had promised. About the 4th day, 26 pile points had been drilled and casted.
On day 5, Osaz came late in the evening to site and was having challenges paying the caster 10,000. Nobody was supervising the casting process. He charged me over 3 times of what he was paying them. My engineer informed me about this and I was really upset.
I came to site the next morning, the caster informed me that the casting crew are not happy with the rate Osaz is paying them, they had casted 5 points the day before and each of them got 1,000 each. I arranged 6 workers, promised to pay them 2,200 per point, bought shovels and decided to take over the casting as I was really disappointed with the way Osaz was going about the project.
In the Afternoon, I got the greatest shock on this project, the drillers down tooled, Osaz had only paid them for 20 points and they were supposed to be paid for another 20 points before they can proceed. I had to breach protocol, I engaged the drillers because I cannot afford my project to be stalled. (I am also paying for the casting machine on a daily basis) I enquired how much is being owed for the remaining 25 pile points. They told me it is 375,000. I moved 300,000 to the owner of the drilling machine and he immediately directed his boys to commence work. Osaz was no where to be found, he was incommunicado. He had the effrontery to call me and tell me cock and bull stories. I told him I have left him to God but I just had to let people know the type of person this guy is.
AT the end, I paid for the concrete job for the last 12 points, I paid the drillers a sum of N375,000
Net, I lost some money but not so much, Osaz abandoned the job after he had collected a huge chunk of money from me for the project.
He stopped coming to site altogether and most painful is when you call him and his phone does not go through. His is the most irresponsible behavior I have seen in a “professional”. I told him that most of my artisans that are not educated are more reliable and protect their reputation better.
Osaz is not a man of his words, as a feedback, I will never engage Engr Osaz again and if I know anyone that is interested in engaging him, I will advise the party accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to voice you opinion.
It is appreciated an it will be taken into consideration when a final decision needs to be made.

2 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by JVExpat: 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
olawale100:

I just spoke with Osaz over the phone immediately I saw this because for me, i was shocked and my principle is to hear two sides of a story. Having personally contracted some jobs to him which in all sincerity he delivered perfectly, including a multi-storey building project we are currently developing in the same axis. He has so far lived up to expectation.

Btw, I am a real estate developer, practicing for over 15 years now and based on my industry knowledge and versatility, I did a thorough background check on Engr Osaz and got good recommendation from all quarters, including the relevant professional bodies. Infact this is the first time I'm reading otherwise about him.

Based on his explanation over the phone and your post here, this issue is purely that of misunderstanding and could easily have being resolved on a round table.
You contracted him to construct pile foundations but didnt specify that he must use a machine. He decided to use manual method which is not necessarily a bad option but i feel it may be slower. Personally I have seen manual method being used for boring piles of that width up to 15m depth but you or your supervising engineer refused, then he asked for an upward cost review if you insist on the use of machines, you also declined, he then in good faith and to build client relationship had to mobilized a machine to site which was not his, since his own was faulty at the time and according to him, he informed you about everything. He still retained his workmen on site to monitor the activities of the new machine operator, after giving them specific instructions which they adhered to.

According to him, He made quasi-dry mix concrete with adequate concrete mix ratio, which your supervising engineer refused for whatever reason. His men worked the reinforcement well and mix the concrete properly to instruction. He was on the site everyday since the machine was mobilized but didnt always stay on site all day. Again, I don't think that's much of a problem since i don't expect that a contractor should be micro-managed inasmuch as he already have site representatives there.

Next, you said the machine operator downed tool after 26 points. He refuted that, saying the action was certainly stage-managed by the machine owner having released enough money to them to drill up to 35 points (which is about 78% of the job) but they stopped at 29 points . According to him, this could have being done in conjunction with your supervising engineer who constantly asked for 'settlement' which he didn't give to him at the time. The idea may have been to hijack the project from him so they can sit on it. He sent me enough evidence on whatsapp to prove that anyway. The machine operator didn't stop while he was on site for about 4 hours that morning until he left the site to attend to issues elsewhere. That's enough reason to suspect a foul play!

Rather than allow him take up issue with the machine owner he himself brought and compel them to work, he said you simply transferred money to the machine owner in the midst of the crisis without his consent and asked that he stay off the site as you are now prepared to complete the project using his balance payment left with you. That was a very wrong action by basic contract law. He then said he called you and asked that if by any means in your quest to control the site yourself you happen to have spent above the balance of the contract sum left with you, he was willing to do a refund. But you told him not to worry about anything that you do not need any refund from him.

Although, he has shown enough maturity by promising not to join issues with you. That for me is enough respect for you sir. Some persons may rather take legal actions even based on this post. Resorting to blackmail the personality of this young gentle man is really unfair to him. For me, I still have no problems or issues with him so far on any of my sites, until he proves otherwise.

7 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
JVExpat:

I just spoke with Osaz over the phone immediately I saw this because for me, i was shocked and my principle is to hear two sides of a story. Having personally contracted some jobs to him which in all sincerity he delivered perfectly, including a multi-storey building project we are currently developing in the same axis. He has so far lived up to expectation.

Btw, I am a real estate developer, practicing for over 15 years now and based on my industry knowledge and versatility, I did a thorough background check on Engr Osaz and got good recommendation from all quarters, including the relevant professional bodies. Infact this is the first time I'm reading otherwise about him.

Based on his explanation over the phone and your post here, this issue is purely that of misunderstanding and could easily have being resolved on a round table.
You contracted him to construct pile foundations but didnt specify that he must use a machine. He decided to use manual method which is not necessarily a bad option but i feel it may be slower. Personally I have seen manual method being used for boring piles of that width up to 15m depth but you or your supervising engineer refused, then he asked for an upward cost review if you insist on the use of machines, you also declined, he then in good faith and to build client relationship had to mobilized a machine to site which was not his, since his own was faulty at the time and according to him, he informed you about everything. He still retained his workmen on site to monitor the activities of the new machine operator, after giving them specific instructions which they adhered to.

According to him, He made quasi-dry mix concrete with adequate concrete mix ratio, which your supervising engineer refused for whatever reason. His men worked the reinforcement well and mix the concrete properly to instruction. He was on the site everyday since the machine was mobilized but didnt always stay on site all day. Again, I don't think that's much of a problem since i don't expect that a contractor should be micro-managed inasmuch as he already have site representatives there.

Next, you said the machine operator downed tool after 26 points. He refuted that, saying the action was certainly stage-managed by the machine owner having released enough money to them to drill up to 35 points (which is about 78% of the job) but they stopped at 29 points . According to him, this could have being done in conjunction with your supervising engineer who constantly asked for 'settlement' which he didn't give to him at the time. The idea may have been to hijack the project from him so they can sit on it. He sent me enough evidence on whatsapp to prove that anyway. The machine operator didn't stop while he was on site for about 4 hours that morning until he left the site to attend to issues elsewhere. That's enough reason to suspect a foul play!

Rather than allow him take up issue with the machine owner he himself brought and compel them to work, he said you simply transferred money to the machine owner in the midst of the crisis without his consent and asked that he stay off the site as you are now prepared to complete the project using his balance payment left with you. That was a very wrong action by basic contract law. He then said he called you and asked that if by any means in your quest to control the site yourself you happen to have spent above the balance of the contract sum left with you, he was willing to do a refund. But you told him not to worry about anything that you do not need any refund from him.

Although, he has shown enough maturity by promising not to join issues with you. That for me is enough respect for you sir. Some persons may rather take legal actions even based on this post. Resorting to blackmail the personality of this young gentle man is really unfair to him. For me, I still have no problems or issues with him so far on any of my sites, until he proves otherwise.

Thank you for your contribution here.

Unfortunately, since what you are talking about here is not related to the main topic of this thread, nor at a second level, not providing your own testimonial about the work this person, Engr Osaz, has done for you, I, unlike most people , would actually view what you , @JVExpat, said as a big negative.

Unless you are his lawyer, the Engr. should be able to defend himself in public, if he so desires, or work with the person, in private, who made the comments to clear any misunderstanding and have the other person potentially remove, rewrite or make additional comments that may shed new light on the situation.

Somebody else jumping in on his behalf tells me "as long as everything is going well , all is good, but if there is some unforeseen condition that pops up, which happens in life, this person might not be willing to help work through the condition." (Again, I know my thinking is a bit different from other people, but that works for me.)

Anyway, as I have told the Engr, as well as others that have made direct contact, I do not plan to make a decision to work with anyone until the middle of March as the work is intended to start by the 3rd week of March. I will be making my evaluations then. I am just planning ahead.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ruggie: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
....And as a refresher on the original topic.....

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by freshmimi: 7:00am On Feb 28, 2017
ruggie:

Thanks.

Yes sir. Kindly whatsapp me on 08100365518. Thanks.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by money121(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2017
Don't have idea...

For your Roofing Sheet kindly Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359

See more recommendation from my loyal clients on Nairaland below...

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ajuwarhodes(f): 7:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Brb
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by realGURU(m): 7:07am On Feb 28, 2017
300k in cities depending ur location
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by jeftalene(m): 7:09am On Feb 28, 2017
I, Engr. Osaz' Enobakhare (StrutE) is neither a fraudulent person nor did i engage in any fraudulent activity in the case in point. I continue to serve my clients both home and abroad within the best of my abilities.

My joy is that the Project Owner in question also admitted that it was not a case of fraud. It was neither a case of negligence. It was simply a case of a project hijack and series of misunderstanding which we have always resolved together.

My career aim is to make happy clients. But in situations like this, I am saddened at the events that occured thereafter having stated that we back out of the project for the time being and I, on behalf of my team therefore make a public appeal to the Client in question, Olawale100 (Mr. Olawale Olabintan) to bear with us.

With Regards.

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by Preciouscheer: 7:11am On Feb 28, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
First, it was sarki defaming GEJ
Second, it was someone else defaming "Buyam"
Now its Olawale defaming Engr Osaz

D question is who paid this guys?? grin grin grin grin Hijackers & blackmailers everywhere

Well, wetin concern me sef!

1 Like

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by vabok(m): 7:11am On Feb 28, 2017
The best solution to this argument is to have Engr Osaz do the job with no mobilization payment. If done properly, he should be paid 100% at end of job.

4 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by asuaiclive(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2017
hmmm
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by BabaCommander: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2017
ruggie:

Thank you for your contribution here.

Unfortunately, since what you are talking about here is not related to the main topic of this thread, nor at a second level, not providing your own testimonial about the work this person, Engr Osaz, has done for you, I, unlike most people , would actually view what you , @JVExpat, said as a big negative.

Unless you are his lawyer, the Engr. should be able to defend himself in public, if he so desires, or work with the person, in private, who made the comments to clear any misunderstanding and have the other person potentially remove, rewrite or make additional comments that may shed new light on the situation.

Somebody else jumping in on his behalf tells me "as long as everything is going well , all is good, but if there is some unforeseen condition that pops up, which happens in life, this person might not be willing to help work through the condition." (Again, I know my thinking is a bit different from other people, but that works for me.)

Anyway, as I have told the Engr, as well as others that have made direct contact, I do not plan to make a decision to work with anyone until the middle of March as the work is intended to start by the 3rd week of March. I will be making my evaluations then. I am just planning ahead.

The 'JV' part of the moniker makes me think the dude is in joint venture with the accused. He's probably the bore hole dude. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by sakalisis(m): 7:26am On Feb 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by PqsMike: 7:50am On Feb 28, 2017
Olawale100 ....it would have been better if you hire the service of a Quantity surveyor to scrutinize his quote and also to handle his payment. The project would have been broken down into smaller phases..

ruggie , I've always tell people that you can not get an exact estimate online. Every project is unique. Meet a Qs for an estimate.

Check my profile/signature

3 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by LEMVEG(m): 7:58am On Feb 28, 2017
olawale100:

those are the kind of people we call draftmen when it comes to architecture. they claim they have seals and COREN stamps but they are very irresponsible and sub contract any job given under their care... for a professional architectural advice. whatsapp only +27719916696.. but not withstanding like they say too many cooks spoils the dish.. the complainant claimed he had a supervising engineer.. meaninig he really didnt trust the jurisdiction of the said engineer osaz... at that point engr osaz might not be very comfortable executing his job accordingly.. coz you hav a biased CHECKmate against him... who might not be happy not doing the job himself
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by jeftalene(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2017
LEMVEG:
those are the kind of people we call draftmen when it comes to architecture. they claim they have seals and COREN stamps but they are very irresponsible and sub contract any job given under their care... for a professional architectural advice. whatsapp only +27719916696

Lol...u r such a joke. You can place an advert without making misguided statements.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2017
BabaCommander:
The 'JV' part of the moniker makes me think the dude is in joint venture with the accused. He's probably the bore hole dude. undecided
You just spoke my mind...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by yommy78: 8:07am On Feb 28, 2017
Last year price of a roll of chain link was 17,000 the length per roll is 18m if u are lucky 17.5 or .7 sometimes. U need 2 inches round pipe .gauge 1.2mm d last year price was 3800 .it comes in 5.4m length.this price is d price I got from Abuja while doing a job in nassarawa state.so go ahead and do d calculation on d size of your farm . Re confirm d current price.

3 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by LEMVEG(m): 8:08am On Feb 28, 2017
jeftalene:

Lol...u r such a joke. You can place an advert without making misguided statements.
but i dont see you smiling.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by ArcFresky(m): 8:15am On Feb 28, 2017
Something is just fishy here. I think his Integrity is being called into question. As for me, can't let anything or anyone mess with my integrity.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by AKMoney1(m): 8:17am On Feb 28, 2017
ruggie:

Thanks.

Bro move your question to agriculture, thread derailed already.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by Astrogeotech01: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2017
olawale100:

call us to render this services

Astro Geotech Nigeria Limited is a firm that is into Geotechnincal investigation / soil test, foundation engineering (pile foundation), Geophysical survey / water borehole drilling,core drilling and laboratory analysis, we provide interpretative Report, project management (General construction management) we render quality services with affordable prices.
call 08136569906
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by jkdelloite: 8:42am On Feb 28, 2017
I smell blackmail somewhere. Why not drill your supervising engineer to verify the contractor/engineer's claim of bribery? Corruption everywhere! I know People in this country can make things difficult for you when you don't wet their palms.

Doing this may help open a new can of worms, since the dude that testified in support of him above said he raised such concerns too?

I am about to engage him on a sizable project and its important that i follow up diligently on this matter since he was recommended to me by people of repute and i have actually verified some of his completed works.
Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by QSFemi(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2017
Opinion of a Quantity Surveyor.

I handled a project last month, January 2017, which involved fencing of 6plots of land using the chain link material.
The following information will help in finding answer to your question.
1) Chain link comes in roll and the dimension is 18metres by 2.4metres. That's a roll size.
2) There are galvanized pipes you will need at the intervals to support the chain link. The pipes come in varying diameters. There is 75mm, 62.5mm, 50mm depending on what you want. The length of the pipe is the same and it is 5.4metres.
3) The price of the chain link as of January this year is 26k per roll (prime cost- cost of material in the market exclusive of transportation) and for the pipe, the price is 8k per one (75mm diameter).

Note. Market is very volatile now and there is astronomical increase in the price of construction materials now. This means that a market survey should be carried out now.

If you want to do the estimate on your own, this information will be helpful. However, if you need a professional estimate, I can do that for you at a fee.

Just mention me in your next post.

Thanks.

ruggie:
....And as a refresher on the original topic.....

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by godfatherx: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2017
I have read the entire story, I feel Osaz and JVExpat are partners (in c****).

#My opinion, never do business with any of them.

Olawale100 you kinda derailed Ruggie's thread, but I have learnt from it.

2 Likes

Re: Request : Estimate For Chain Link Fence by olawale100: 9:33am On Feb 28, 2017
godfatherx:
I have read the entire story, I feel Osaz and JVExpat are partners (in c****).

#My opinion, never do business with any of them.

Olawale100 you kinda derailed Ruggie's thread, but I have learnt from it.

I apologize for derailing the thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is Better: Mowe Or Ibeju Lekki / Enjoy good discount on Aluminium Windows,Stainless Steel Handrails works / COREN Wants Death Sentence For Owners Of Collapsed Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.