Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (24059 Views)

Video: Of The Kids Kissing In A Lagos Church Compound / Which Is More Important In Marriage? Love Or Character / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by DonEse125(f): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2009
So i was talking with someone about this and she was like you'll marry your husband,not your kids. I think husbands are alright,but when i get married and have kids,my children will be the most important things in my life. Then i brought in a little illustration: if you were in a situation where your husband and your child were going to die and you could only save one,who would it be? As for me it's a no-brainer. I'd save my kid. What would you do,and who do you think should be more important in a marriage?
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:12am On Dec 09, 2009
Now that's were a lot of women go wrong. . .they focus their whole attention on the kids neglecting their husbands. . .only a woman who's husband wasn't worth it would say she would neglect him and save her kid. . .

The reason why we should all pray for guidance when making decisions that concerns choosing a life partner. . .because if you have a good man. . .a man who has always and would always stand by you. . .then he'll be important to you. . .

As for me. . .my husband would be as important as my kids cus he is not only the father of my children. . .but the vow I would take at God's altar already joins us together as one. . .so he is not just a husband but also part of me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
The reason why God ordained marriage was becos of
1 .Companioship 2.procreation 3.Fullfilment of destiny.Out of these 3,2 goes to the husband.You can get married without having kids if both ccouples agree on that.
My dear sister,ur husband shld come first after ur God and before ur children.Never allow ur children to come btw u and ur husband cos the moment you leave ur husband and pay more attention to the children,he man will go out to seek for attention from another person which will lead to extra marital affair.Dont blame him then cos u pushd him out.
If u find urself in the situation u described,ur husband first cos u can hv more kids later but if u choose ur kid,u will live the rest of ur life with regrets cos ur kid's attention an d affection can not replace ur companion's[husband] affection and love for u.
ThoniaSlim:

Now that's were a lot of women go wrong. . .they focus their whole attention on the kids neglecting their husbands. . .only a woman who's husband wasn't worth it would say she would neglect him and save her kid. . .

The reason why we should all pray for guidance when making decisions that concerns choosing a life partner. . .because if you have a good man. . .a man who has always and would always stand by you. . .then he'll be important to you. . .

As for me. . .my husband would be as important as my kids cus he is not only the father of my children. . .but the vow I would take at God's altar already joins us together as one. . .so he is not just a husband but also part of me!

I totally support ur contribution.
Thank u.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by foyeks2001(f): 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

word

in addition , its my husband(he comes first) because have known him b4 the kids
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by zibby(m): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
I vote for the husband. Maybe that's just because I'm one, grin
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 1:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
My Kids will always come first.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

My Kids will always come first.
Poor him.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by gestapo(f): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
nikkykay:

My dear sister,your husband shld come first after your God and before your children.Never allow your children to come btw u and your husband cos the moment you leave your husband and pay more attention to the children,he man will go out to seek for attention from another person which will lead to extra marital affair.Dont blame him then cos u pushd  him out.

My Husband is my utmost priority, He is my god after God, I live to worship and adore him.

1 Like

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ur child is ur child and will always remain urs.

But for husband, He may decide to leave u tomorrow for another woman, and who says he is not busy banging other girls while still with u. For some husbands, u can't be too sure of them.

2 Likes

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
agabaI23:

Poor him.

Nothing like poor him. i will always love him and take care of him. But for my kids smiley
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by agabaI23(m): 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

Nothing like poor him. i will always love him and take care of him. But for my kids smiley
God save him.
I hope you won't mind if he makes the kids his own priority? You will be the first to complain of neglect.

BTW If you do not have kids nko?
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by ud4u: 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
Of course my Husband.

ThoniaSlim:

My sister you have said it all, because letting my husband go is as well as letting my self go, because two of us are one.

Well thats my own point of view, some people may have a contrary view.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by brooklyn99: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
ah, thoniaslim, u cute, pweety, beautiful all that.lol. u in the states?what city? kiss
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by mrperfect(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
All are important
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by ijetonia(f): 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2009

my dear truer words have not been spoken.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Ogenwannem(f): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
well my husband should be more important if only he deserve it ooo. not all these good 4 motin men of this days

2 Likes

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by r231(m): 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

good point
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by CarlosVent(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2009
THE kinds I think so
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Epiphany(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
A [GOOD] husband should come first, before the kids. What happens when the kids get to their teen years and start living their lives for themselves? We should recognize that although kids are important, they will one day leave the house and start living their lives for themselves.
Your husband meanwhile, is still supposed to be with you, living with you and being the companion that God said that he should be
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by tundewoods(m): 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ Poster
Interesting topic,but i must confess that quite insufficient yard sticks or parameters to understand the comparison  

Here is an open question i would like to ask. What are your yard sticks for the comparison ? Is it a life and death scenario ? Where you are left with a choice of saving either your husband or child(ren) ?

Now the simple answer to this question lies on the premium importance that you place on your choice ? To some women as earlier mentioned by a poster,their husbands may as well be invaluable as their child or children. To some others reverse may be the case and to others they love both husband and children both dearly. But fact is that such comparisons are mare childish considering the role both play in our lives as parents and married adults.

So from both a parent and married adult perspective, the honest answer is both are valuable and for goodness sake lets stop comparing except you know you are married to an invaluable spouse !!!  undecided
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
incase that there is no kids nko? and also that death come and i am the one to choose i will rather chose kid because my husband is there for me and will replace the kids more than hundred fold if he likes
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by cbjonstage(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2009
fellas,
u gurls ve bombard and outlined a lot of points for the poster (Don_Ese125 ).
you made her lack what to say even to the point of finding it shameful to appreciate your comments cos she has read post of those experienced than her.

i was waiting to read her response but still not available, except on d grounds dat the husband is invaluable. BUT MY DEAR HUSBAND FIRST OF ALL (its been ordained by God)
check this out T[b]honiaSlim[/b] and nikkykay from beginning
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by afanda(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ otukpo is tym u get ur act rite!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
afanda:

@ otukpo is tym u get your act rite!

smiley smiley

I don talk my own. Both are valuable and important but i still place my kids first.

I expect more women to respond not men.

Men should wait to be asked "Wife or kids" b4 they come.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2009
Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids?

Me. grin cheesy
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by otukpo(f): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2009
If there are no kids, that wld be different. And mind u, not all men wld remain with u alone if u are unable to give them a child. At least 90% of them wld go for a second wife or get a child outside. Nigerian society for e.g.

There are really some nice and wonderful husbands, but most Nigerian husbands are so unfaithful that u wld'nt consider someone who cheats on u even in the broad daylight to ur kid.

3 Likes

Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by allboyz(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
husbands cool
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by allboyz(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

not all men wld remain with u alone if u are unable to give them a child. At least 90% of them wld go for a second wife

can u stay wiv a man that can pregnant a lady? the lady wld choose to marry some else - 99.99% female wld do dat.

true be told - Husband are SEMI-GODS!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by afanda(m): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ otukpo,i respect ur opinion even thou its nt rational. we r all entitiled 2 dat. wink
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by allboyz(m): 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2009
@OTUPKO - are u from benue state? pls send me an email (cld NOT find urs from your profile).

Cheers!
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by agabaI23(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

If there are no kids, that wld be different. And mind u, not all men wld remain with u alone if u are unable to give them a child. At least 90% of them wld go for a second wife or get a child outside. Nigerian society for e.g.

There are really some nice and wonderful husbands, but most Nigerian husbands are so unfaithful that u wld'nt consider someone who cheats on u even in the broad daylight to your kid.

I love kids bu if I marry, my wife will be my priority compared to any child. she will be with me when the so called kids are away. The time they only come home for one or 2 days. I can count how many times i have been with my parents in recent years.

But if she chooses to make the kids her priority.

I will make the kids my Ultimate priority. She will be the first to complain.
Re: Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? by ijetonia(f): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2009
- angry@Allboyz. it is men like u that make women like us choose our kids b4 our husband. imagine the ego of refering to yourselves as semi gods. na who tell u so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lost But Found Stolen Girl In Kano / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Spending Over N11 Million On IVF Treatments / Mother And Her Two Children Burnt To Death In Bauchi House Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.