Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? (3948 Views)

What Made You Pick Interest In Programming / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by hopey8088(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pls I will like to learn more about the sim card production Process based on my course of study, pls anyone who has an idea on which language is used to program sim card chips should help. Thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by KazukiIto(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Oh boy!
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by silento(m): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
they dont program sim card rather they program ussd

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by seunthomas: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2017
hopey8088:
Pls I will like to learn more about the sim card production Process based on my course of study, pls anyone who has an idea on which language is used to program sim card chips should help. Thanks
Go and read up on JavaCard technology that is the modern way to do it.

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by hopey8088(m): 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
seunthomas:
Go and read up on JavaCard technology that is the modern way to do it.
Alright, thanks, I'll do just that!
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by kanirip: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
SIM cards are not programmed per se. They are created like the chip on an atm card. Their main aim is to securely identify a user while ensuring secure communication between the device utilising the chip and an expectant communication system.
The systems(atm, mobile phones) that validate these sim cards, are programmed to ensure that the sim cards are valid and registered on the system ensuring that only authorised sim cards are allowed for use.
If you specify your question I can give a more specific answer.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by seunthomas: 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
kanirip:
SIM cards are not programmed per se. They are created like the chip on an atm card. Their main aim is to securely identify a user while ensuring secure communication between the device utilising the chip and an expectant communication system.
The systems(atm, mobile phones) that validate these sim cards, are programmed to ensure that the sim cards are valid and registered on the system ensuring that only authorised sim cards are allowed for use.
Actually simcards are programmed and applications are installed on sim cards. I was once contracted to do that. Just for corrections.

2 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by talk2hb1(m): 9:06am On Feb 23, 2017
kanirip:
Go and Research on EEPROM wink
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by hopey8088(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2017
kanirip:

thanks alot, im currently thinking of a way to have a mobile phone without a sim card, but still each device will have its own id such that, if there are many of such devices, you can specify which one you want to cover and i believe that is done with sim cards on a normal phone.
i am thinking of optimizing a mobile device that can communicate within themselves without the help or our money zapping network providers in the country.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by talk2hb1(m): 10:19am On Feb 23, 2017
hopey8088:

thanks alot, im currently thinking of a way to have a mobile phone without a sim card, but still each device will have its own id such that, if there are many of such devices, you can specify which one you want to cover and i believe that is done with sim cards on a normal phone.
i am thinking of optimizing a mobile device that can communicate within themselves without the help or our money zapping network providers in the country.
You are thinking of a two way radio
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by stack1(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
What you are asking is in the field of embedded systems programming, yes Sim cards contain chips and have programs burned into them, so google more on stuff like embedded C, Verilog, also research into PCSC SIM-Programmer (its a device)
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by hopey8088(m): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
stack1:
What you are asking is in the field of embedded systems programming, yes Sim cards contain chips and have programs burned into them, so google more on stuff like embedded C, Verilog, also research into PCSC SIM-Programmer (its a device)

Alright, I've been doing a lot of readings lately, thanks to you all for giving me these pointers.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by hopey8088(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
talk2hb1:

You are thinking of a two way radio

Sort of. But just that I want to have many radios and I want to be able to connect a particular one at a time without other radios receiving the information the selected radio is receiving.
Re: Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? by sitokings(m): 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2020
Urgent Job Opening.
A good software Developer needed.
Kindly use the email on the Ad

(1) (Reply)

Let's Set Up a Non-Profit Developer Network / Where Can I Learn Programming In Delta State / Managed Extensions for C++.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.