Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Mtn Mobile Electricity - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Mobile Electricity (5278 Views)

MTN Reviews Lumos Mobile Electricity Subscription Price For New Customers. / MTN Launches Mobile Electricity Services To Keep Homes And Businesses Powered / How To Activate The New MTN Mobile Electricity System With DC To AC Converter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Mobile Electricity by georgee(m): 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Who has heard about or seen this?
MTN MOBILE ELECTRICITY POWERED BY LUMOS

You can now enjoy accessible, noise-free and fume-free electricity for your everyday use and conveniently pay with your airtime from your MTN mobile phone. You can now live life to the fullest and enjoy 24/7 solar electricity that is safe, reliable and affordable. This mobile electricity can light up your room, charge your cellphones and power appliances like Fans, Televisions, and computers all day every day.

With the Mobile electricity you can:

Enjoy Appliances You Already Have

With the new DC to AC converter, you can power AC appliances (up to 60W) you already have such as TVs, fans and laptops.

Save More

MTN Mobile electricity saves you lots of Naira on your monthly electricity bills! Choose a suitable plan from the plan options and make small convenient payments from your MTN mobile phone.
Commitment fee Plan Price per day Total plan price
One-time payment of 26,000 NGN upon joining the service 5 days 200 N 1,000 N
10 days 180 N 1,800 N
30 days 150 N 4,500 N
90 days 140 N 12,600N
180 days 130 N 23,400N
365 days 128 N 46,720N

Note- Prices are subject to change

To sign up visit any local MTN store with your MTN SIM card registered in your name, a valid ID card and the names/details of two guarantors.

INSTALL easily by using our professional and authorized installers near your location.

PAY easily and safely via your MTN mobile phone

What’s in the Mobile electricity device Kit?

Large 80W solar panel unit and cables

Solar indoor unit

USB mobile phone charger

2 powerful led bulbs

DC to AC converter

How To Activate Your Mobile electricity System

Check that your MTN account (registered to Lumos service) has enough credit; You should always credit your Lumos system for 30 days a month. Please note: this service is similar to a “hire-purchase*” deal. A minimum of 20 days must be paid every month, whether you use the system or not.
Choose a plan from the options.
SMS your chosen plan to 317. (E.g.) for a 30 day plan, SMS “30” to 317.
Get confirmation SMS & start enjoying 24/7 electricity!

Also, to keep you always in the light, we now offer Top-up, Auto renewal and daily fallback as options on all plans. To exit send Exit to 317 Choosing longer plans gives you the optimal value for your money!

Share your Experience and get FREE light DAYS

With your help, now everyone can enjoy 24/7 electricity! Refer a friend or family member to join MTN Mobile Electricity Service and we will give you and your friends bonus airtime!

How To Refer

Simply SMS your friend’s number to 08133134773.* Once your friend completes the deal by joining the Mobile Electricity Service we will automatically credit your account with free electricity. You will receive 14 Electricity days while your friend receives 7 Electricity days.

PLEASE NOTE

You can only SMS using the MTN number registered to your Lumos service.
We must receive your SMS before your friend joins our service.
Refer only one person per SMS. No Limit to the number of referrals per day.
Your friends’ MTN phone number must be 13 digits long and start with 234.

For Example: If your friend’s number is 08031234567, SMS 2348031234567 to 08133134773.
http://www.mtnonline.com/mtn-mobile-electricity

1 Like

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Kingsasian(m): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
I can't wait to be a partaker of this.
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by cardoso514: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2017
One time payment means what?
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
It's a good stuff to get. I got it like 2 weeks ago, but I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it the way I actually thought/expected before purchasing it. The stuff struggles to power my 58 watts Samsung 32 inches LED TV, meanwhile the 'follow-come' converter is 75 watts.
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Dam5reey(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Wilfem:
It's a good stuff to get. I got it like 2 weeks ago, but I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it the way I actually thought/expected before purchasing it. The stuff struggles to power my 58 watts Samsung 32 inches LED TV, meanwhile the 'follow-come' converter is 75 watts.

So how long can it run your TV, when there is no sun again?

The capacity is 60W.. It will struggle for sure... Continuous power will be Around 50W
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 9:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dam5reey:

So how long can it run your TV, when there is no sun again?

The capacity is 60W.. It will struggle for sure... Continuous power will be Around 50W

The capacity of the Converter that came along with mine is 75 watts. Highest I've used the TV was last Saturday, when I used it to watch two matches at a stretch, and the battery remained 55% after, (just only the 32 inches TV and Zapper HD Decoder were plugged)
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by DjAndroid: 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Wilfem:
please can you post a picture of the device let see what it looks like.
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by shiftback: 11:22am On Feb 21, 2017
I thought it's a solar panel. What service are we paying for again?
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
DjAndroid:
please can you post a picture of the device let see what it looks like.

This's how it looks like. The package comes along with a solar panel, an indoor unit, which is what I pictured here, 2 light bulbs, 2 USB cables and 1 DC to AC converter

1 Like

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2017
Here's the converter

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2017
I suppose it can't run fans, four 41" TVs and a freezer
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by blackfase(m): 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Shame of a "Cuntree". Imagine what we are being reduced to....smh!

1 Like

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
REDDEVILS1:
I suppose it can't run fans, four 41" TVs and a freezer
Haba! You wan kill donkey nei? shocked shocked grin wink
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by sunnedee2: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2017
Wilfem:

The capacity of the Converter that came along with mine is 75 watts. Highest I've used the TV was last Saturday, when I used it to watch two matches at a stretch, and the battery remained 55% after, (just only the 32 inches TV and Zapper HD Decoder were plugged)
Hello,
was it at night that you got that usage time or during the day when the solar panel is providing juice?
Your response will determine if I will get this or not
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Wilfem(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
sunnedee2:

Hello,
was it at night that you got that usage time or during the day when the solar panel is providing juice?
Your response will determine if I will get this or not

It doesn't matter. The only difference between day and night is that there's a chance for the battery to still recharge the battery and that could only be when you're not using it (especially the converter), which discharges the battery. When it is discharging, it can't charge. But once you exhaust the battery in the night, depending on the consumption, you'll have to wait till the following day, sunset precisely, to start charging it all over again.
I've found out that it can power both the TV and decoder for like 8 hrs, but my QASA standing fan lasts only 4 hours
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Originakalokalo(m): 1:58am On Apr 03, 2018
It is a huge disappointment .

I just bought it and will not recommend it to anyone.

It depends on solar energy which depends on the sun.

You can get a charge from 12-6pm

Or from morning to b12 depending on the direction of your panel.

It discharges very fast.

It cannot power some Led tv. It doesn't power mine....

U must pay every month either you o use it or not.if you don't recharge, they lock u out

You are eventually paying for lighting alone.

If you power some other stuff,it goes down hard and fast.

Pls don't waste your money

I have wasted mine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by rezzy: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2018
Infact, I wanted to buy it last month but was told it's rubbish. Imagine paying for 5 years, whether you use it or not. After calculating the cost for 5 years, I advised myself by myself.
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by georgee(m): 10:45am On Apr 08, 2018
Wow... See as them open MTN yansh
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by surrogatesng: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
XIANGYUNG HOME SOLAR SYSTEM

Live big and spend small with Xiangyung home solar system.It is a solar system which gives you the luxury of enjoying uninterupted power supply at home or at the office for way less.It is a solar generator built for students,small apartment and office.If your power need is for a standing fan,led tv,laptop,2 or 3 low energy bulbs,charging of phones and tablets then this is the right product for you.

SPECIFICATIONS

150 WATT SOLAR PANEL: Unlike other solar systems which come with an 80 watt solar panel.Xiagnyung home solar system comes with a 150 watt solar panel rated at 8.5 amps for faster charging

40AH BATTERY: The indoor unit has an inbuilt 40ah battery.High quality,rugged and longer lasting

UPGRADEABLE: Our solar system is upgradeable as you can attach a bigger battery and extra solar panel to the system unlike so many solar generator systems which require you to dump your existing system and buy a solar system with higher capacity if you need an upgrade.

CHARGE CAR BATTERY: Have you been in a situation where you will be looking for a battery charger to charge your battery.Now you can charge your car battery via its external cables.

ZERO MAINTENANCE: It is noiseless,fume less and requires zero maintenance

CHEAP AVAILABILITY OF SPARES: All components and spares can be sourced locally and cheap too

WARRANTY: The product comes with a 1 year warranty which gives you peace of mind

1000 WATT INVERTER: It comes with a 1000 watt rugged inverter which is powerful enough to handle your small appliances

WHAT CAN IT POWER?

This solar systems is designed for small and energy efficient appliances such as Laptop,Low energy led tv(15-30 watt),Low energy bulb(5-9 watt),Standing rechargeable fan and other light appliances

PRICE: 96,500 Naira

Whatsapp Chat
https:///2348170368264

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Whatsapp/Mobile: 08170368264,07068410532

Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by georgee(m): 6:41am On Apr 09, 2018
surrogatesng:
Enjoy 24/7 electricity with our solar tv kit.Call 08170368264
What is this
Re: Mtn Mobile Electricity by Stevengold(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2018
MTN at it again. this time they got it all wrong. so I will buy recharge card for my phone, then for my prepaid meter then for this lumos whatever I'll pass.

(1) (Reply)

Camera Comparison: Tecno Camon 12 Pro Vs Tecno Phantom 9 + Hands On Review / Glo Has Taken The Competition Challenge From Mtn, Slashes Tariffs: / An Artwork I Drew With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.