Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section (1059 Views)

Dru23 IS Now On The Auto Section / Auto Section Is Crazy! / Auto Section Needs Moderation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by Tomjazzy2: 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
This has become the sad reality, as most cars displayed here by various dealers are either not worth the phone calls, are exorbitant, or are just non existent sad

I first experienced this when I wanted to help a friend get a Nigerian used honda crosstour. You would come across a thread with the desired car, initiate contact with the dealer, only to realize that either the dealer does not know much about the car he displayed on this forum, or that the car is not as good as he has made it look here sad

You can imagine the effort and resources you would waste for that crap calls and inspection sad

Now, I want a Nigerian used Rav4, 06/07/08 models. I have since created a thread with the specs I want. The few that contacted me via PM were all unserious.

Then the two threads I found with the said car, I was so disappointed to find out after intiating the call that either the owner is out of town, or that the owner has sold the car.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but then, why update your thread every now and then that the concerned car is still available with out first confirming from the owner

After today's experience, I have promised myself never to dial any god damn number here again angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by oscillation55(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Well said

1 Like

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by Dexmars(m): 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
Welcome to nairaland.

You'll be surprised the way prices are put up as though the agents/middle men know the exact state of the car.

I'm used to hearing things like 'owner is travelling outside the country' ......'owner has 21 cars' .....'owner is hardly in the country'

'Car was used only on Tuesdays for Coldstone ice cream'.....

Then the more annoying excuse when you finally get to see a crappy car....'it's just to top gas...the ac is okay'......

2 Likes

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by mafioso47(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dexmars:
Welcome to nairaland.

You'll be surprised the way prices are put up as though the agents/middle men know the exact state of the car.

I'm used to hearing things like 'owner is travelling outside the country' ......'owner has 21 cars' .....'owner is hardly in the country'

Then the more annoying excuse when you finally get to see a crappy car....'it's just to top gas...the ac is okay'......
and the compressor never gets filled after topping the gas lol
Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by obinna222: 12:01am On Feb 21, 2017
Most of the agents here are very greedy and have never invested one penny of their own money in buying a single fuse in a car, yet the want to make the entire profit in d world from someone else's car.

I have always told them, Karma would hit them hard.
Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by laudate: 12:39am On Feb 21, 2017
The one that even annoys me most is that after posting their photoshopped pictures, some of them will still NOT put the price & location and will be asking you to call, as if they are the ones that bought you a phone. angry

What is the point of putting up an ad, and refusing to include the price? shocked It doesn't make sense. If a price is included, as a potential buyer I can easily scan to see if it falls within my budget, or not. If it does, and I like what I see, then I can make the call. My time is too precious to waste, on unserious expeditions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by Tomjazzy2: 6:05am On Feb 21, 2017
It's very sickening and saddening I tell y'all.

Worst still, they will never give you that chance to speak with the real owner in the event that you wish to extract some info about the car. Come for inspection is all they will be telling you.

How the hell do I waste scarce resources to inspect a car with out speaking with the real owner
Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by seunfly: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2017
laudate:
The one that even annoys me most is that after posting their photoshopped pictures, some of them will still NOT put the price & location and will be asking you to call, as if they are the ones that bought you a phone. angry

What is the point of putting up an ad, and refusing to include the price? shocked It doesn't make sense. If a price is included, as a potential buyer I can easily scan to see if it falls within my budget, or not. If it does, and I like what I see, then I can make the call. My time is too precious to waste, on unserious expeditions.

This is my concern with Nairaland auto dealers, they will upload pic and phone number, the annoying thing is if u ask them for the price, they will either ignore you or reply you with call the number.

My questions is how many numbers will I call when we have many adverts on nairaland?
The most annoying thing is that they will call one ridiculous price that u will regret making that stupid call, how many rediculus calls will I make on top say I wan buy car.

I really don't blame them, I blame Nairaland that does not have policy. For God sake Nairaland is doing this people a favour they should be able to comply with Nairaland auto market policies and nairaland should try and enforce the policies as well.

1 Like

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
It's extremely foolish for a car dealer not to include price.

Who has the time to be calling a number? if not for this bad forex situation people won't be calling at all...

So sad with how people lie in the name of business in Nigeria. Go to the Western world and be amazed with how straightforward maybe 95% of them are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by thebigkendo(m): 3:20pm On May 21, 2018
Ranting grin grin grin

E don tey weh people dey vex for nairaland dealers barandas
Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by Cosplay: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2018
Dexmars:
Welcome to nairaland.

grin

Car was used by a pastor.

Buy and fly to heaven

1 Like

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by esoorita: 1:05am On Jul 04, 2018
laudate:

The way things are done in Nigeria is different to how it's done in civilised countries of the world. Dishonesty is the best policy in Nigeria.
Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Cosplay:

grin

Car was used by a pastor.

Buy and fly to heaven

hahahahaa lwtmb

used only on Tuesdays for cold stone ice cream
used by a pastor, buy and fly to heaven.

PS did u see the latest? Car was used by an ex-minister's wife who bought it and refused to use it!
most hilarious thread of 2018.
I have been wondering seriously...... what kinda minister is that? a clergyman or a politician.
the engine bay looked like crap.

the one I'm yet to see is: Vehicle was bought by a pilot who works 24/7 he never got to use the vehicle since he drives aeroplanes

lwtmb seriously

2 Likes

Re: Middlemen/agents Ruining The Reputation Of Auto Section by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:21am On Jul 04, 2018
Lemme use this medium to point out another overlooked aspect of this car sale dilemma people are passing through.

People, dealers, mechanics, middlemen, owners and what-nots come here and post cars for sale.
Ipfreely, cosplay and some other esteemed and concerned members of this forum have significantly improved the imported car (aka direct Belgium or tokumbo) sales dichotomy of autos section.

if not for their relentless efforts in sanitizing the section and providing freebies to the public, most buyers would have gone bankrupt or worse switched off. those freebies are aimed at enlightening prospective buyers to engage in vin search before any transaction no matter how clean the car looks, deterring potential fraudulent dealers from engaging in scrap deals after performing cosmetic surgery and exposing the already established fraudsters.

we haven't really tackled the aspect of used cars, if u see some of the cars that are actually posted here for sale, in person - up close....... u will weep.

now everyone will say take a mechanic and all that.
why should we be so much interested in proofing the descriptions of a particular Ad? y can't someone post an ad as is?

has anyone taken time out to calculate the cost of these inspection trips? to and fro? not only the financial cost, the emotional cost and hazard risk esp if u r coming from a distance.

it's just too much to handle, unfortunately there is no easy way to tackle such issue for now.

Mr A budgets 1m for a car and after 1yr he is able to gather the 1m. he starts scouting the internet for ads, he then spends close to 50k on inspection after like 10cars, out of frustration he decides to settle for one..... rarely used bankers corolla sold @ 950. he drives home and 2weeks later gets an estimate of nearly 250k to fix the car to a near reliable state. he starts pooling funds AGAIN.
it's terrible for the ignorant ones though

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Invest Wisely.. 3bedroom... Flat On A Half Plot Fenced With Gate... Uncometed / 2012 Mercedes-benz C300 4matic Toks Call Midex 08188903057,08064181090 / 2 Months Used 2003 Honda Accord EX For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.