Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Missing: NYSC POP Countdown - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Missing: NYSC POP Countdown (1108 Views)

NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith / Penalty For Missing NYSC Clearance / What are the effects of missing NYSC Clearance For A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing: NYSC POP Countdown by Sjho: 11:27pm On Feb 20, 2017
Nigerians know how to blow things out of proportion ehn. Everyday we shout over little things and place emphasis on what is not. Before I started my NYSC service year, I heard all sorts of stories, both positive and negative. It was like NYSC was the end of the world. It was so bad that if service was optional, I probably wouldn't have gone. But as I was left with no choice, I embraced the change and flowed with it. The year is rounding up now and I have loads of stories to tell; the good, bad, funny and downright ridiculous.
Asides the real life story, I decided to weave a fictional story about the NYSC theme. I titled the novella 'Missing' and I'm set to release in a few days.
At the end of the day, it's always up to us to make our stories and tell them.
Re: Missing: NYSC POP Countdown by Sjho: 11:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Sjho:
Nigerians know how to blow things out of proportion ehn. Everyday we shout over little things and place emphasis on what is not. Before I started my NYSC service year, I heard all sorts of stories, both positive and negative. It was like NYSC was the end of the world. It was so bad that if service was optional, I probably wouldn't have gone. But as I was left with no choice, I embraced the change and flowed with it. The year is rounding up now and I have loads of stories to tell; the good, bad, funny and downright ridiculous.
Asides the real life story, I decided to weave a fictional story about the NYSC theme. I titled the novella 'Missing' and I'm set to release in a few days.
At the end of the day, it's always up to us to make our stories and tell them.
Me: What's your favourite NYSC moment?
P: Maybe when we went mountaineering. It wasn't spectacular, but then...OH noooo! It was when I was walking out of camp with all of my luggage. It was like my prison term had ended.
Me: Haha

I guess some had it worse than others. I enjoyed the marching drills sha, although it was cut short by the peer educator training I had on camp.
Re: Missing: NYSC POP Countdown by Sjho: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
Sjho:

Me: What's your favourite NYSC moment?
P: Maybe when we went mountaineering. It wasn't spectacular, but then...OH noooo! It was when I was walking out of camp with all of my luggage. It was like my prison term had ended.
Me: Haha

I guess some had it worse than others. I enjoy ex the marching drills sha, although it was cut short by the peer educator training I had on camp.
I hustled for NYSC kit at camp. It was a serious matter. During the NYSC online registration, I filled every form to the last detail, and the slot for shoe and clothes size even more religiously. It’s not unusual for petite ladies like me to have to adjust clothes to fit, but I felt peace as I filled those forms, because NYSC had my back. Those forms were evidence of their forethought and consideration for my welfare. So, imagine the shock and betrayal I felt as I held the pairs of size 11 hideous looking orange jungle boots and white sneakers in my hand. What happened to size five? Did my form go missing? The large clothes a tailor could fix, but I had to fix this myself.
My friend was in the same predicament. We had queued according to our respective platoons to receive our kits and some others were just receiving theirs. We noticed that some lines were receiving large sizes and others small. We moved swiftly to action, deploying strategies and executing persuasive selling. We closed deals, placed our orders, tracked shipment and ensured that we received delivery. At the end of the day, we gathered our petite selves and sashayed victoriously away from the scene clutching our small sized trophies.

Re: Missing: NYSC POP Countdown by Sjho: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
One thurday morning when I left home, my mission was simple: run an errand, attend a training and go home. I'm sure in my skirt, jacket and shoes, I looked like a responsible citizen, but a bus 'conductor' decided that I was prime target for cheating and harassment. Well, the OAU spirit of 'stand for your right or argue for it' took hold of me, and soon I found myself waving my hands wildly and shouting on the road,
'He wants to beat me oooo on top my money. I'm a Youth Corper and this man wants to beat me ooo.'
Yep, after I alighted from the bus, the man threatened to slap me, I dared him.
'Oga I be Corper o, slap me'.
Then he threatened to beat me and I dared him again. What was I thinking?! He then attempted to grab my bag and I started yelling.
Having seen live evidence of what Edo people can do, NYSC line was my only defense (I'm thinking of starting kung fu lessons though).
Fortunately, I won in the end cuz' the driver intervened and called the man off, and I 'the Corps member' strutted away gloriously.
However, I am content with just watching scenes like this from a distance, I'd rather not star in them. Though I have to admit, the victory was sweet small.

(1) (Reply)

Haven't Resumed At My PPA For A Month And Still Counting... Please Help / New Camp At Kebbi State. / Oyo State, Batch B 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.