Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Man Sentenced To 10 Years Imprisonment For Texting A Boko Haram Joke - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Sentenced To 10 Years Imprisonment For Texting A Boko Haram Joke (393 Views)

Facebook 10 Years Challenge: Check Out Amazing Throwback Photo Collections / Good Samaritan - Lady Helps A Boko Haram Victim In Lagos. / There Is Hope For Humanity, How An Igbo Girl Help A Boko Haram Adamawa Victim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To 10 Years Imprisonment For Texting A Boko Haram Joke by samgeetech(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
As written in a story published by Amnesty International, a young man named Ivo Fomusoh has been tried, convicted and sent to 10 years imprisonment for texting a joke.

Ivo's brother, Fomusoh Eric tells his story below:

Two years ago, my brother Fomusoh Ivo Feh was a young man just about to start university. He knew how hard it was to find a job in our country Cameroon without a degree. But a tough job market wasn’t the only struggle facing our country. The armed group Boko Haram was also carrying out attacks in Cameroon, causing the government to enact a fierce crackdown on alleged sympathizers.

Read also: BREAKING: Aircraft crashes into shops next to Essendon Airport, burst in flames

But Ivo, as we call him, was just trying to go about his every day life. And sometimes, to make sense of a senseless situation, he liked to joke with his friends. Not because he did not take the economic situation or the threat of Boko Haram seriously, but as a way to cope with the daily stress.

Click here to read full story and pictures: http://www.samgeelive.com/2017/02/breaking-man-sentenced-to-10-years-in.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Man Sentenced To 10 Years Imprisonment For Texting A Boko Haram Joke by ciscoxx(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
Eiya I sorry for that your friend or brother.. Make d guy come see joke with BUHARI..

1 Like

Re: Man Sentenced To 10 Years Imprisonment For Texting A Boko Haram Joke by samgeetech(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lol. But why 10 years self?

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia: 156 Arrested As S’africa Anti-immigrant Protests Erupt In Capital / How Can I Will The Heart Of This Lady? HELP / Why Isn't That Anytime I Post Anything Nairaland Will Remove My Post And Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.