Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Freedom - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Freedom (569 Views)

Amazon Kindle Publishing: Gateway to Financial Freedom / Tafawa, 'After Freedom, What Follows?' / Freedom (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom by Penshalom(f): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] "Darkness" That's all I could see. "Darkness" That's where I was living in. Everyday, every minute, every second. I was literally in darkness. A darkness so thick that you can touch it. I wanted to leave. I could see a light outside, shining so bright. I desperately wanted to leave. To get to that light outside. But something kept pulling me back. Sometimes I made it to the door. I never got to open it. The chains holding me always pulled me back. In this darkness I ate, I slept, talked with my friends who were also together with me. In this darkness I went to church. In this darkness I went to work, I went about doing my daily activities. The chains holding me multiplied daily. In this darkness I derived pleasure. I satisfied my flesh but my spirit was empty. I was literally a living corpse. I wanted to be free. I really wanted to. But my strength failed me all the time. I lost all hope in getting free. Until one day.. In that darkness I went to church as usual. The Pastor preached about salvation It was like I was hearing it for the first time. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My eyes opened. I heard the truth. I discovered the truth. I applied the truth. I called on God to change my life. I cried and cried. I felt joy in my heart. I felt free. The spirit within me came back to life. I opened the door I could not open. I entered into that marvelous light. I became a man actually living. I left my 'friends' in the dark. They still enjoyed being there. Hopefully, they will realize themselves. Grace found me. Grace brought me out from a total darkness. The truth gave me freedom.
KEY WORDS Darkness: Sin Chains: Different sins. Light: Jesus Truth: Word of God. Door: Heart 2 Corinthians 4:4, 2Corinthians 3:17, 2 Corinthians 5:17. Penshalom IG penshalom_

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Help With Literature Works / Entrepreneurship Project Topics And Materials / Nigerian Author Sells His Novels For £100.00 In United Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.