Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles (804 Views)

Why You Should Run Vin Checks On Vehicles You are Already Using. / Always Do Good Inspection Alongside A Vin Report on vehicles you want to buy. / Pay Import Duties On Vehicles Before April 12 - Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by Davidlanny: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,

Is there any technical input that can reduce the effect of AC on engine when AC is switched on?
My engine shakes badly when AC is switched on and it wont move well. Toyota Camry 1996 is my car
Helpful comment will be highly appreciated.
Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by coolsegun2002: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'm not a car expert...but I have a few personal experience..i had a 1998 camry once......that behave exactly like what u described....mechanic checked it and recommended a change in the engine..so I bought another engine and the car was like tokunbo...very cool..so I guess the power of the engine wasn't all that good so it puts too much pressure on the engine whenever AC is on.
Case number 2 I also used a 2004 accord same issue happened...well it wasn't the engine that was old this time but all the engine seats were completely damage..so I Changed 4 engine seats..al vibrations stopped and the car was back to normal

4 Likes

Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by Jkvivi2020: 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
the same thing happen to my Toyota Camry 2007.I use a.c for 8 good years.very chilled a.c before I change engine seat am the problem stop. the a.c put so much pressure on d engine
Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by diportivo: 4:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
coolsegun2002:
I'm not a car expert...but I have a few personal experience..i had a 1998 camry once......that behave exactly like what u described....mechanic checked it and recommended a change in the engine..so I bought another engine and the car was like tokunbo...very cool..so I guess the power of the engine wasn't all that good so it puts too much pressure on the engine whenever AC is on.
Case number 2 I also used a 2004 accord same issue happened...well it wasn't the engine that was old this time but all the engine seats were completely damage..so I Changed 4 engine seats..al vibrations stopped and the car was back to normal

shocked shocked shocked

Things dey happen o
Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Davidlanny:
Dear Nairalanders,

Is there any technical input that can reduce the effect of AC on engine when AC is switched on?
My engine shakes badly when AC is switched on and it wont move well. Toyota Camry 1996 is my car
Helpful comment will be highly appreciated.
Most likely: Throttle body dirty / ISC system faulty.
In addition to engine needing tune up or losing compression.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by Davidlanny: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks all.@CoolSegun2002 I will look at the option of engine mounting. @Mementoes I just changed the tps sensor as the rpm was not exceeding 2000 in all gears. I will also try the throttle body cleaning.

1 Like

Re: How To Reduce AC Effect On Vehicles by bishopkay: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Happened with a friend of mine's Camry 1998. Mechanic increased the engine's fire and the problem stopped. So it could be your rpm is low hence putting pressure on the engine when it's working.

(1) (Reply)

Registered Honda Discussion Continues 07 @1.350m / Classic Car!! / Mercedes Benz Glk 350 4matic 2014 model for 16m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.