Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Oem Vs After Market Vehicle Spare Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oem Vs After Market Vehicle Spare Parts (625 Views)

After Market Ambulance/police Front Grille Lights, Are They Legal? / Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Tires And Original OEM Toyota Rims For Sale,giveaway Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oem Vs After Market Vehicle Spare Parts by LadipoNG: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Car maintenance and repair may sometimes be overwhelming. Making decisions of what is best for your car is necessary and it is almost inevitable that at some point in time, you will have the need to replace a vehicle part.
Having to choose between Aftermarket and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts may become a concern or confusing to say the least. However, there is no need to fret, “Knowledge they say is power”.

ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER (OEM):

Simply put, OEMs are parts made by the company which originally built it for the vehicle company. Vehicle manufacturers sub-contract to other companies (e.g. Bosch) who produce parts for them.
These parts are identical to the ones used in producing a vehicle and are rebranded by vehicle manufacturers to their name with product license and warranty. OEMs are significantly more expensive, but an actual replica of the vehicle part. However, if you don’t mind the price or you are not certain of which Aftermarket brand to try out, this option is best for you.

AFTERMARKET:

These are parts built by other companies other than the original manufacturer. They are designed to function and fit just as good as or even better than OEM parts. This is because, some Aftermarket companies study specific OEM parts and create an improvement on the materials and original design of OEM parts based on observed flaws.
Hence, it is important to note that some Aftermarket parts based on the brand may have slight difference in design compared to OEM parts with same function. Also, some Aftermarket companies are OEM companies for vehicle manufacturers.
Aftermarket parts are relatively cheaper than OEM parts with lots of brands to choose from based on your preference and budget. Here at Ladipo.ng we ensure to provide premium quality parts for you to choose from at the best prices.

Visit our online store front @ https://ladipo.ng or call us on 09071026603 and 09082580030 for your genuine vehicle spare parts and maintenance services.
Re: Oem Vs After Market Vehicle Spare Parts by ironheart(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
I have lost money buying all those OEM parts they call follow come. They are worthless and useless. As a matter of fact, they are worn part from a vehicle you have no idea the sort of abuse it has gone through.

Those cheaper aftermarket parts are by far better than the oem at ladipo or wherever.

All parts i bought which they call china parts on my car are working perfectly well n i have not regret any.

The scenerio i keep painting to them which they have no aswer to is, WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT MY CAR IS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT AND I SELL IT OFF AS SCRAP, THEY WILL STILL SELL THOSE CHINA PARTS AS FOLLOW COME PARTS. Its a phycological thing

(1) (Reply)

Need Enlightenment On Vehicle Tracking / Amazfit Pace Reviews !! / Honda Accord 2015 Model Still Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.