Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

New Confidentiality Paper & Thumbprint Scam In Town - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Confidentiality Paper & Thumbprint Scam In Town (339 Views)

Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Concerned Nairalander Warns The Public About A Popular Scam In Nigeria!!! / Two Nigerians Jailed For £1m Phishing Scam In U.K. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Confidentiality Paper & Thumbprint Scam In Town by efeski(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
Okay check this out nairalanders
I stumbled on this comment on a thread some weeks back where poster claimed to have an idea capable of making money but need an investor to key into his dream.

I message him up that I work with some Venture Capitalists and Investment Portfolio Managers in Lagos and we’re talking on whatsapp in no short time. Guy says he from Abia state but he says he is coming to Lagos soon and I figure hey why not when you get into town holler at me.
Dude then says he will be coming with a confidentiality agreement paper that both of us would sign and thumbprint so that in case I accept the idea there will be proof we decided to work together.
I could care less about the thumb printing but I could totally relate to the need for a confidential agreement of sorts; although my experience in such matters tell me a witness on both sides of parties would suffice.
And that’s how today February 23, 2017 this fella and I book an appointment for my office @ Kofo Abayomi Victoria Island where I had to cut short a run to the hospital for a family emergency so as to hear this wonderful idea.
First of all, this guy gives me what’s probably one of the stupidest idea for business I have ever heard.
Secondly I humbly suggest he takes advantage of the ongoing Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurial Foundation idea hunt but this fellow waves it aside that he does not believe in such things.
Well I tell him I would run his idea with my partners and get back to him.
Nai my guy carry confidentiality agreement paper with stamp pad and ink comot brown envelope say make I sign and thumb print.
I peruse the document but tell him bluntly I cannot do that but if he can get a witness he can come again let us sign the confidentiality paper.
We spent the next 15 minutes debating why I should or why I shouldn’t sign the paper respectively.
His reasons were that he had pre informed me beforehand and that since he is a visitor in Lagos he does not know anybody.
I humored him for as long as I can until he agreed to go but that he still has me under his radar. At this point I almost lost my temper and would have gotten physical but decided to let it slide but that I what I would consider a threat.
I have this guy’s name, number and picture and I want the mods to help me move it to the front page so it can get the attention it desires because I met him on Nairaland.
You guys need to be extra careful out there.

(1) (Reply)

US Envoy Considered The Principles Of The Human Rights Council's Opposition To T / Boko Haram Kills Police Sergeant / Anoda Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.